• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Frog Fractions

Nimajneb

Stuck trying to
sort out the no-perfume situation. Done everything else, it seems. What am I missing?

Look around the
engine room
some more. You need something that
smells like bacon.

Since a lot of people are getting stuck here, here a walkthrough for the
text adventure
section.
>aft
>open nightstand
>read manual
>fore
>look display
>push button
>aft
>lift rug
>open hatch
>aft
>take note
>take tape
>look wires
>take can
>tape wire
>look machine
>put can under spigot
>pull lever
>fore
>put goop in bed
>sleep

Lijik

Whats the
no-perfume situation??

I dont recall ever having to do anything with that in my playthrough. Maybe I stumbled past it without realizing it.

Shaffield

Whats the
no-perfume situation??

I dont recall ever having to do anything with that in my playthrough. Maybe I stumbled past it without realizing it.

same here

I feel like there are so many hidden secrets
my roommate played for a little bit, and while watching him I discovered that the first level turns into a
typing game
sometimes. that never even happened to me

A lot of people, including myself, were stuck dealing with the perfume situation. It felt unintuitive.
So there's the bed, the hole for the can, and the gauge. Examining each of those ended up with the same response. Plus we were probably thinking we had to find actual perfume or something. We only had to find something fragrant. I think we were also thrown off by the small blobs of goop that remained floating around. And I know I wasn't sure what fixing the wire accomplished. "Put goop in hole" is so simple in retrospect, but I had no idea that the hole was even a thing to put anything in besides myself for sleeping.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
The text adventure part was a pretty simple one. Shocked so many had trouble.
I think people are just conditioned to get help whenever they get stuck now. Best thing to do when you hit a setback is to relax, find your center, and make sure you've practiced your fractions.

totowhoa

Banned
Wow, amazing game.

Slowly finding out the secrets to each level was great. Also, the hidden man under water lol... didn't see him my first time through. During the second shooter portion I forgot about the ability to go underwater and went on forever in this endless loop of installing and uninstalling my auto-lock with some goofy narrative. After ten minutes of this I finally remembered to dive down :p Selecting the pad lock at the end also had going in loops for a little while before I realized what was going on.

bounchfx

A lot of people, including myself, were stuck dealing with the perfume situation. It felt unintuitive.
So there's the bed, the hole for the can, and the gauge. Examining each of those ended up with the same response. Plus we were probably thinking we had to find actual perfume or something. We only had to find something fragrant. I think we were also thrown off by the small blobs of goop that remained floating around. And I know I wasn't sure what fixing the wire accomplished. "Put goop in hole" is so simple in retrospect, but I had no idea that the hole was even a thing to put anything in besides myself for sleeping.

I spent the longest amount of time trying to put the goop on the wire. Trying to put the wire in the can, etc. ffffff[/spoilers]

Drakken

Wasn't sure what to make of this at first, then I started buying some upgrades... wow. Brilliant game; thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The
text adventure
part reminded me how much I enjoy those kinds of games (even though I did get stuck for a bit).

"Wake Up"
at the end, lol.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I... have no idea what I just played. Some of the things you needed to do to progress were a bit unclear but overall it was kinda interesting. I like these absurdist type games from time to time.

linko9

Jesus Christ... this is the greatest flash game I've ever played. And probably the funniest game I've ever played period. Bravo. Everyone must play this.

edit: left out a word..

Galang

Banned
I didn't get the fuss after playing first level, but what the heck... this is amazing... did not expect the game to go in that direction... I'm addicted.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Wish more Flash games were this original.

Daigoro

yep, ok. this game is amazing.

*where is the boxing stuff originally from? i swear ive heard/read that somewhere before...

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
:(

I'm stuck at installing and uninstalling the auto lock on. stuped.

Thanks to Giant Bomb podcast. I rode a frog on a dragon eating bugs and now on Bug Mars. I'm here on a text adventure.

This is amazing.

Duffyside

Banned
I too only found out about this recently due to the Bombcast GOTY stuff. Incredibly glad it exists, but I feel it peaked way early.

Wonder why I never heard them talk about this before now...

Ok, so I feel like the only idiot in this thread because I'm still stuck looping through the normal bug-eating part of this game. I've tried clicking on the upgrade icons (even those that say they're locked out) and nothing happens.

Top Bottom