• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

From Software: Dark Souls II might/maybe/possibly come to PS4 and Xbox One in future

McHuj

I got rid of my 360, I'll probably get on PC, but I'd rather play it on a console. Come on PS4 version!

The Lamp

I'm pretty much stopped buying recent PS3/360 games because of situations just like this. No reason to spend $60 and buy a last gen version when I can wait a couple months and get the next gen version at 1080p and possibly 60fps on the PS4.

It's not going to be a couple of months. Probably more like a year, just like MGR and Tomb Raider and Dark Souls PTDE. I'm not waiting a year for this game. Have fun waiting.

Seanspeed

Banned
How do you get a developer saying they haven't put any thought into it as meaning it could come to the next-gen consoles? lol

They really screwed themselves when they decided to make DS2 for a dead console generation. It's one of the reasons I suspect that they have delayed the PC version. Need to get as many console sales as possible so they dont look like complete fools.

Jack cw

They really screwed themselves when they decided to make DS2 for a dead console generation. It's one of the reasons I suspect that they have delayed the PC version. Need to get as many console sales as possible so they dont look like complete fools.
An installed base of 160 million consoles is now a dead generation? Some people.

Soriku

Dead? Uhh yeah...OK.

Z3M0G

And just like that, I'll definitely not buy this game unless/until it comes out on PS4.

Just like GTAV.

Nyoro SF

how about another game that FROM might be making with Japan Studio? will that make you buy a PS4?

Don't do this to me man.... DON'T DO IT MAN... AAAARGH *backorders PS4*

Actually no PC release of such a title would make me sad but I am very understanding if this is what forces me to next-gen.

What's with all the misleading titles. How does

"We have not put any thought into this yet so I unfortunately can’t answer at this point."

get turned around into "From Software: Dark Souls II could come to PS4 and Xbox One in future Reply to Thread"
?

Odrion

Banned
What kinda stinks is that they've been upfront that they haven't even had much thought about next-gen versions. So if they are coming out, it'll be a while.

An installed base of 160 million consoles is now a dead generation? Some people.

I wouldn't say dead, but there is such thing as being late to the party or even "missing your train" entirely. I hope for the best, but I assume DS2 will sell less than DS1, but I hope to be wrong.

Orayn

I wouldn't say dead, but there is such thing as being late to the party or even "missing your train" entirely. I hope for the best, but I assume DS2 will sell less than DS1, but I hope to be wrong.

I wouldn't assume that. The series has gained a ton of public recognition since its initial release, and next-gen consoles are still very much in the "picking up steam" phases of their life cycles. DS II should have fairly strong PC sales right out of the gate, and plenty of people are still buying and playing games on PS3 and Xbox 360.

Odrion

Banned
How are the sale reports for last-gen games? Gamestop HAS said that they've dropped dramatically. And look at Gran Turismo 6: Really big IP, arguably bigger than Dark Souls in a genre that has a big audience - Sold 25% of what GT5 sold in the same time frame.

So yeah, the install base is 160 million - But it lasted way too long and it seems like people want to move on.

Robot Pants

As much as I love Souls games, I feel like Demons Souls 2 would be too many too soon.

Shoulda just made Dark Souls 2 next gen to begin with, but I guess since the huge userbase in Japan doesn't even have a PS4 to play it on, it makes sense.

Daante

Well, if it comes to PS4, that makes me buy a PS4.

**HINT SONY GIVE FROM THE MONEY**

I think its mindblowing that Sony or MS dont have moneyhatted this title for their next gen system.

The target group this game speaks to first and foremost, is not people who would like to play in sub HD resolution on a previous gen console (?)

Raide

If it does not drop close to the others, I will buy the PC version and then double-dip for the Xbox One version down the line with the DLC. :p

mrklaw

MrArseFace
The relative drop in current gen sales may impact DS2 a lot, it's one of the last bug current gen only games.

hopefully that means a quick release on next gen

Yeah that would speed up my PS4+vita purchase as soon as they announce it. I hope this happens soon though as I don't want wait a 1+ year to play DS2 on PS4.

Playing DS2 in bed on Vita would be awesome :)

subrock

I love in that interview the line "the last PC verion was rushed" sitting in obvious contention with the line "we want to get the game to players as soon as possible"

I'm only ever going to buy this on ps4 so I guess I'll be waiting for the dangling chance.

DemonNite

Well, if it comes to PS4, that makes me buy a PS4.

**HINT SONY GIVE FROM THE MONEY**

I think its mindblowing that Sony or MS dont have moneyhatted this title for their next gen system.

The target group this game speaks to first and foremost, is not people who would like to play in sub HD resolution on a previous gen console (?)

Its better to keep it multiplatform as its a franchise that started on both.

But that doesn't stop FROM making a new Souls game with Japan Studio again, which is better off in the end as you get more to play :)

OneUh8

Yeah sure lots of potential on last gen consoles. Let's hope it is not the same mistake as GT6. It's sales are significantly down. Many people like myself simply won't purchase this if it is last gen only. Of course unless you game on PC.

Its better to keep it multiplatform as its a franchise that started on both.

But that doesn't stop FROM making a new Souls game with Japan Studio again, which is better off in the end as you get more to play :)

You are really a cruel human being, you know that?

Top Bottom