• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

From Software says a little more about their new games [UP: More on Souls-like game]

Thewonandonly

Bloodborne does have a tinge of sci-fi horror, I suppose.

But yeah, I too wonder what miyazaki would make of a true scifi souls-type game.
Ya it does but I want to be the lone explorer of a alien planet. Give me some out of this world environments and some crazy aliens to kill. Hell from can do something they havnt done with souls and have some talk to me through the radio as I explore the planet.

Shengar

Pfft, clearly it's the spiritual successor to Enchanted Arms.
I'm_fine_with_this.jpg
Either way, it's good to see Miyazaki have a big ambition with his creative vision. To not limited in just one project and one genre must've been a great blessing for him.

They said it's not Dark Souls 4, but I suspect it's not Bloodborne 2 either, and instead another "new" IP in the same vein.

Due to how Demon's Souls, Dark Souls (originally), and Bloodborne are structured to be self contained, I suspect that Miyazaki doesn't like to make direct sequel. It's mostly his style to create a whole new game rather than creating sequel even if its mechanics are based from the predecessor. Souls game wouldn't sees it ends yet, and we can expect formula variation with Miyazaki in reign.

Justinh

No Ninja Blade 2, huh?

Game 1 sounds the most interesting to me. I guess it's because, as they say, it's something along the lines I should expect from them.

I just learned last weekend that it was them who made 3D Dot Game Heroes. I should buy that game...

Please please please let it be Bloodborne 2. Make it just as self contained as the first.

Looking forward to Armored Core as well.

Thewonandonly

My guess is that Bloodborne 2 will happen, but maybe without From Software work force on it
Ya I can see that seeing as from already laid the ground work for combat so perfectly. I will just be worried that who ever does it won't create the badass and insane environments and enimies that I love so much fror FROM.
Lores to complicated for me tho ;)

DMONKUMA

Thank god Armored Core is confirmed! I need to know what the "weird" game is before I get interested and as for the new IP dark fantasy....if it's anything related to the souls series then I guess it's alright.

Edit:I remember Miyazaki also said that he wanted to make a mech-fantasy game like escaflowne. Though I think he also said that wasn't one of the three projects he's working on.

I want some lighthearted and vibrant stuff from Miyazaki. It would make me appreciate his work even more if he could successfully pull off both sides of the spectrum.

Bloodborne 2 confirmed

XismVUX.jpg

Caja 117

Bloodborne was a great game because it was something that although it had that Souls series feel, it was a different experience, So Im totally in for a new Experience with a different setting and atmosphere, I do want a Bloodborne part 2 badly.

Auctopus

Can't wait to be complied with in a straightforward manner.

"oh, what the hell is this very weird game that Miyazaki has created?'"

Expecting that to be the first reply in the announcement thread.

Game 1 (The dark fantasy Dark Souls-esque title): The second thing is that one of the new titles I've been working on will probably comply with the expectations from the fans in straightforward manner.

It's finally time for Berserk Souls.

Can't wait to see their three new games!

Rymuth

A few years back I think Miyazaki was actually talking about how he wanted to make something brighter and more colorful (and presumably more cheery), so I suspect the third IP is that.
That's what I had in mind when I said that - but then Bloodborne came out and people, including me, assumed the quote was a smoke screen to throw us off.

Please let one be bloodborne two.

I hope not. Or if it is, it is totally unrelated to Bloodborne 1.

Blooborne, Demon Souls and Dark souls are amazing (three of some of the best games ever, Bloodborne may be being my favourite), but i felt like DaS 2 and 3 suffer because they are sequels.

FelipeMGM

Ya I can see that seeing as from already laid the ground work for combat so perfectly. I will just be worried that who ever does it won't create the badass and insane environments and enimies that I love so much fror FROM.
Lores to complicated for me tho ;)

Yeah, I think Miyazaki and his team laid down the whole concept and the tone of the world and that Japan Studio can go on and develop a sequel themselves.

I think they did most of the work on Old Hunters, and that might have been a test so they can fully take the helm of the franchise

EDIT: ^not the case it seems

LordOfChaos

Potentially dumb question: Anyone know if the Miyazaki twitter account is actually him or a parody? Seems pretty obscure to parody, but it's not verified.

Weird game? Dating Souls please.
Choose between heroes and heroines from the Souls series. Patches, Solaire, Priscilla, Emerald Herald and Sif as the secret route.

Mifec

Just imagine: BLOODBORNE 2 on the PS4 Pro..... :O

With all those delicious framepacing issues the original and DS3 have on consoles. Nah I'll take anything else.

Whatever it is I hope it's multiplatform so I can avoid those.

Opa-Pa

"The second thing is that one of the new titles I've been working on will probably comply with the expectations from the fans in straightforward manner."

Oh god yes. I need this.

Yeah, I think Miyazaki and his team laid down the whole concept and the tone of the world and that Japan Studio can go on and develop a sequel themselves.

I think they did most of the work on Old Hunters, and that might have been a test so they can fully take the helm of the franchise

That would be a huge disappointment considering it already didn't work very well in the past coming from a different team within FromSoft. Wouldn't know what to expect from a different studio altogether.

Despera

Banned
The best and most interesting games are born from eccentric ideas. Can't wait to see what they've been cooking.

Servbot24

Banned
Of course I would happily buy Bloodborne 2, but part of the reason it's so great is that it was a new and unique setting. I'd rather they find a new theme to continue new takes on the Souls-ish gameplay.

Top Bottom