• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fromsoftware's new project teased (Shadows Die Twice)

Rippa

Did a quick search and It has to be Bloodborne 2 guys.

This is the Caryll Runes writing / symbols in the world of Bloodborne vs the parchment shown in the trailer. The resemblance is quite overwhelming.

Memory%2BAltar.png

st%2Csmall%2C215x235-pad%2C210x230%2Cf8f8f8.lite-1u3.jpg

340961_1.jpg

rune_workshop_tool.jpg

---

giphy.gif

🤔

I grow more and more curiouser...

Nasigil

Neo Member

This is the Caryll Runes writing / symbols in the world of Bloodborne vs the parchment shown in the trailer. The resemblance is quite overwhelming.

Memory%2BAltar.png

st%2Csmall%2C215x235-pad%2C210x230%2Cf8f8f8.lite-1u3.jpg

340961_1.jpg

rune_workshop_tool.jpg

---

giphy.gif

Try google "Japanese calligraphy" or "Chinese calligraphy", they looks basically identical to the scroll in the trailer. It doesn't looks like it belongs to the Bloodborne universe

SaberEdge

The music and the phrase "Shadows Die Twice" makes me think new Tenchu game.

The last Tenchu game was subtitled "Shadow Assassins".

There was also Tenchu Fatal Shadows and Tenchu Shadow Assault. Rikimaru and Ayame were often referred to as shadows in the Tenchu games. This, along with the Japanese music and writing in the trailer, make a new Tenchu game the most likely possibility. Or it could be a new IP with a similar feudal Japan setting.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Try google "Japanese calligraphy" or "Chinese calligraphy", they looks basically identical to the scroll in the trailer. It doesn't looks like it belongs to the Bloodborne universe
Thank you,
As much as I would love Bloodborne 2 it is clearly Japanese like characters

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
There was a lot of blood in that short teaser. My goodness I hope it's Bloodborne 2. The first one is one of the best games this gen imo.

N1tr0sOx1d3

Given another chance
Almost nothing about it leads to that conclusion. Seriously, stop with the wishful thinking. We will likely find out soon enough. And I'm nearly certain it won't be BB2.

My bet is on it being a new IP with a feudal Japan setting.

Yes stop having those happy dreams. Be miserable and wish for nothing but misfortune. Urgh.

Shifty

GAF's hunger for Bloodborne is real.

Try not to mental backflip yourselves into possible disappointment.

Peroroncino

Playstation VR and XO basically confirms for me that this isn't Bloodborne II but Shadow Tower's sequel or spiritual succesor.

Shin

Banned
I really hope it’s a Bloodborne sequel as well, but until we have confirmation, let’s temper the assurance of our predictions with a bit of caution.

Otherwise we’ll end up with a lot of (potentially) disappointed folks.
Thread title should be changed its not the name of the game but a slogan of sorts I think.

sublimit

Banned
Yup looks like Bloodborne 2. We will probably see more at PSX if that's the case. I'll be curious to see what new elements they have added to the gameplay.

jimbulsara

Neo Member
At least, hopefully, it doesn't involve mechs. The bb, ds game play is yet to be properly emulated. The draught is real. Mechs are a dime a dozen.

Thank you,
As much as I would love Bloodborne 2 it is clearly Japanese like characters

Chinese/Japanese characters doesn't mean it's not Bloodborne 2.
Bloodborne DLC has a few mentions of a "Hunter from a distant eastern land" and even includes one.

Apparently the text translates to:

"Blood, Harvest, Smell/Stink, sharp edge tool"

Overall, there's very little we can say for sure. It might not be Bloodborne, but it looks a lot like Bloodborne.

jimbulsara

Neo Member
Is there any indication, we could learn more at PSX? i know from software 's name was left out of the developers present, but has it happened in the past that such a thing was done to heighten the surprise of a reveal?

LordOfChaos

...[/img]

---

giphy.gif

I don't see anything close tbh, It looks like Japanese text
Looks like this to me.

monster_scroll_8.jpg

xviper

hang on guys, we will find out if it's Bloodborne 2 or a new project in 14 hours at PSX

i hope it's not a soulsborne game, let the series rest, i don't want to see another souslborne game until 2019 or 2020

i know it's impossible, but i wish if it was Tenchu, i don't even know who has the rights to Tenchu anymore, i just want it back

i know it's impossible, but i wish if it was Tenchu, i don't even know who has the rights to Tenchu anymore, i just want it back

Far from impossible. From owns the rights to Tenchu. This is clearly a new Tenchu title based on the use of old Japanese text.

xviper

Far from impossible. From owns the rights to Tenchu. This is clearly a new Tenchu title based on the use of old Japanese text.

i hope you're right, Tenchu holds a very special place in my heart, even the awful Tenchu Z which killed the series, it was still a good game to me

royox

Please be Bloodborne
Please be Bloodborne
Please be Bloodborne
Please be Bloodborne
Please be Bloodborne
Please be Bloodborne
Please be Bloodborne

Einhandr

First thought was that thing is the grappling hook from Tenchu. Looks like rope wrapped around inside that bone cylinder thing. I’m thinking Tenchu.

Just talked about this with someone else, my speculation-money is on Tenchu. A reboot/sequel/whatever.

1. "Shadows Die Twice." is a direct quote from Tenchu 3 apparently.
2. Musical cue is Japanese Folk inspired
3. Background parchment has Japanese writing
4. The rope within that device within this context can allude to the grappling hook that's a staple mechanic of the series.

None of these obviously occur in a Souls/Bloodborne setting and From has already stated that there are no plans for either series as of a year to 6 months ago. This is certainly not Bloodborne 2, no reason to believe that I think.

From Soft is at top creative force right now and I firmly believe if this is indeed Tenchu, they'll knock it out of the park and finally make that series' premise shine.

Top Bottom