• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FTL: Advanced Edition |OT|: Now on iPad (and free update on PC!)

ibspyMT3eUMB2q.png

inwCcCu7YYMvx.png

Info from presskit.
We'll be releasing FTL on the iPad on April 3rd. Here is some info about the upcoming app:
- It is the full and complete PC game with no ads or In-App-Purchases and will be priced the same as the PC version at $10.
- It will run on all version 2 and later iPads. It will not be available for version 1 iPads and will not be available on iPhones.
- Its UI is completely redesigned for touch control optimization.
- It includes the new Advanced Edition free expansion which will release for PC at the same date.
- It is only available in English for the time being.
- It is unable to connect to PC versions of the game to share the same save game or profile data.

gifs of why you should care about the ipad version (courtesy of pockettactics)

ftl-focus.gif

zoom!

ftl-return-to-stations.gif

return to stations with the press of a button!
ftl-power-slide-loop.gif

fucking star trek shit right here.
TA Plays: FTL iPad

App Store Link

out in NZ on the app store. should be out around midnight for your region. 11pm est in the US. $10

For people that have the pc version already:

The FTL: Advance Edition expansion is free for all FTL players and will simultaneously launch alongside the iPad version on April 3rd. It includes:
-New Content
--- An entirely new playable ship and race, the Lanius;
--- 10 new playable ship layouts;
--- 4 new Systems & Subsystems that drastically change gameplay;
--- Over 15 new weapons & drones and 11 new ship Augmentations.
--- New music from Ben Prunty and new events from writer Tom Jubert and guest writer Chris Avellone.
--- Tons of other new content and gameplay tweaks and polish.
- It will automatically update on Steam for all players
- All DRM free editions (from our website or GOG.com) will require downloading the game again through the same method as originally downloaded.
- If anyone has lost their purchase email from our website use the Key Resender to get another email - https://www.humblebundle.com/store/keyresender

elfinke

The GOG downloader worked perfectly, updated FTL PC to 2.0.1 version easily. First time I've loaded FTL up in ages - man that music is great.

Mighty tempted to get FTL for on the go now...

Cade

Kind of forgot about this. So glad they're making it a free PC update, though I would happily buy DLC.

potam

Banned
I've had this game installed for so long but I never launched it. I guess I might as well give it a shot.

Can we play the pc version with touchscreen control now?

I'm pretty sure I read that the touch controls are iOS only for now.

As a Surface Pro owner, I really, really hope they bring the touch controls to the PC version though. I would play FTL everywhere.

Icy Guy

Neo Member
FTL is easily in the top 20 games that I've played since 2009. I almost feel guilty for paying only $2.50 for it during a Steam sale.

I'm very much looking forward to it, and I'm especially looking forward to playing around with the Lanius: they're sure to have some kind of interesting weakness, because
sucking all the oxygen out of a compartment
could potentially be a pro in more situations than it could be a con, and the devs have to balance them somehow.

KeRaSh

This and Hearthstone were the reasons why I bought an iPad in the first place. It's finally happening! Purchase redeemed!

CoolS

Great, I still waste some hours every now and then in FTL, the update will probabably mean I'll spend way to many nights playing this month. Still need to unlock all ships.

FTL is easily in the top 20 games that I've played since 2009. I almost feel guilty for paying only $2.50 for it during a Steam sale.

I'm very much looking forward to it, and I'm especially looking forward to playing around with the Lanius: they're sure to have some kind of interesting weakness, because
sucking all the oxygen out of a compartment
could potentially be a pro in more situations than it could be a con, and the devs have to balance them somehow.

Hm, on the surface it seems more balanced than the abilities the
Crystal crew
have at their disposal.
Individually and with a crew of fellow Lanias it makes them great against boarders but it becomes a liability in any situation where you're employing a mixed crew team and need them backing you up in a fight, you have to manage the health of any non-Lanias crew that might go in to do anything from helping to repair a vital system or attacking enemy boarders. I actually think they'll end up synergising well with the Crystal crew assuming they've kept their ability to take less damage from non-oxygenated rooms. Just gotta make sure you haven't trapped any non-Lanias/Crystal along with them or you'll set yourself up for a pretty hilarious death trap.

I do wonder if having upgraded O2 will counteract their passive oxygen draining effects ...

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
This should be good with a touch screen. I love this game. Time to double-dip!

Seanspeed

Banned
Nice. Been waiting for this to give this game another shot. Got to the end boss on Easy, died(stupid mistake) and haven't played since.

I do listen to the soundtrack quite often, though. One of the best there is.

Raxious

So does the PC version support touch screens as well? I tried it before the update on my Surface Pro, but touch input didn't work :(

Fjordson

Anyone gotten the GOG patch to work? I downloaded it and it says I patched successfully, but I'm still not running version 2.0.1.

8bit

Knows the Score
It's just perfect for mobile gaming. Instead of making some stupid as fuck flappy clones, someone should start making games like this one.

Although not quite the same, Out There does a great job at scratching this particular itch IMO.

Jackano

I will say I need more of those games, but no, takes too much time and GalCiv3 will come this year too (I need to check more of this game, I already missed the pre-order deal :/).

Great game, will update! But hell it's hard. I'm no Adama or Nagala.

Top Bottom