• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FTL: Advanced Edition |OT|: Now on iPad (and free update on PC!)

Nicktals

Banned
When does Steam normally update? Is there a set time? Really looking forward to trying out the new Advanced Edition stuff on PC.

Would be the first game I'd buy if I had a tablet..The ability to save would make it so you could just do a jump or 2 and set it back down...awesome.

Best Star Trek game ever made... even if it's not technically a star trek game. Seriously, why hasn't someone paid them to make a star trek game!?

No mention of price for the iPad version. How much is it?

- It is the full and complete PC game with no ads or In-App-Purchases and will be priced the same as the PC version at $10.

No Love

Banned
I'm pretty sure I read that the touch controls are iOS only for now.

As a Surface Pro owner, I really, really hope they bring the touch controls to the PC version though. I would play FTL everywhere.

Damn it... I want to play this on my laptop, especially cause it converts to a tablet so it's like a bigger better ipad :\

Really looking forward to the new tactics... Once I found a strategy that worked (get as many multi shoot lasers as possible) I tended to go that way for most of my runs unless RNG didn't let me. Having more options will hopefully mean that strategy is less good/gives me a reason to mix it up.

Can't wait to play this game more! I really enjoyed what I've played so far and this will be a great reason to dive back in

Instro

I never did get the crystal race. Looking forward to this, I was hooked on the game for a good chunk of time at one point.

Orenhy

Neo Member
PC version will be tomorrow 3/4, Only the ipad stuff is getting a-bit early depending on world location due to app store policies.

Proven

Watching the Polygon video, I'm not sure if I'll be able to resist picking this up on iPad instead of waiting for the PC update.

inkls

So excited for this update, had already unlocked all ship variants and beaten the game on easy (not suicidal enough to try normal yet).

And here's a few relevant comics too:

cad-20130104-cf4ea.png

Neol

Hoping this comes to Android.

Regardless though, gonna be playing the shit out of this during the weekend.

Would be amazing if the PC version went on discount again to celebrate this. Still have a few friends on PC who don't have it yet.

Really looking forward to the new tactics... Once I found a strategy that worked (get as many multi shoot lasers as possible) I tended to go that way for most of my runs unless RNG didn't let me. Having more options will hopefully mean that strategy is less good/gives me a reason to mix it up.
I was always partial to boarding strategies so the mantis ships ended up being favorites of mine. Beyond that i feel like the only commonly dropped weapon where i felt like i outright relied on them were the ion bombs. Hopefully with the new additions missiles dont come out as wholly outclassed in usefulness compared to bombs again.

Awesome, good reason to go back to it.

I just hope the ships are unlocked from the start. Unlocking things is by far the worst part of the game.

border

If for some reason we don't like the additions in the Advanced Edition, is there an option to just play it in Classic Mode?

Velcro Fly

He was really sick on Sunday when he last broadcast so he's probably still sick now.

Still pretty cool to hear about all this little stuff though.

Reloaded

Banned
Haha, I'm terrible at this.

First 2 tries my ship was burnt to a crisp and the third time a crew some how got on board my ship and put a beating on my 2 crew members.

played 1 life (stupid virus destroyed my ship, need to get my groove back!).

the ios port is extremely well done. holy shit. all the controls just work great and smart.

If you already have the pc version and have an ipad and wanna give them a few bucks, the ios version is well worth it.

gonna be some long toilet breaks at work...

Atilac

Was just about to post this. I think Frag might be sick, I came into the stream late but he doesn't seem like his normal self right now.

He was really sick on Sunday when he last broadcast so he's probably still sick now.

Still pretty cool to hear about all this little stuff though.

Glad we have frag fans in here. I cannot believe he did "no pause runs" for all the ships, twice!!!

Bsigg12

Glad we have frag fans in here. I cannot believe he did "no pause runs" for all the ships, twice!!!

I really enjoy his stream. I couldn't do the TCG he played for a few days a little while ago but everything else I tend to watch a few hours each night. I'm excited to see him play through the PC version of Dark Souls 2.

I love this game. I wish they'd patch in the touch capabilities to the Windows version so those of us with touch monitors can do what the ipad version can do.

Mindlog

Where did I download the DRM free version again? The Humble Store?

Will probably just end up buying it again just because :]
I would also appreciate touch support for windows.

Top Bottom