• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FTL: Advanced Edition |OT|: Now on iPad (and free update on PC!)

celebi23

Totally forgot this comes out later today on PC/Mac/Linux :D Haven't played it in awhile but, the added mechanics should be fun :D

Kvik

Remember guys:

uc

I'm hopeless with this game :-\

sikkinixx

Love it on iPad. Controlling the crew is a bit clunky but since it's easy to pause it there isn't a huge issue. Beat it (vanilla mode) on my first game after I got 4 Burst Laser II's and laughed all the way until the end slaughtering everything. Having the return to stations button is outstanding, though I still wish the game had an augment or button or something to warp boarding crews directly to sick bay.

Being able to assign extra crew to doors or cameras is outstanding as well. Less dudes just chill in' around.

And easy mode is fucking easy now. The few games I played I got so much scrap it was nuts. I like that crew members can already be specialized when you hire/find them and the new ship unlocking sequence is outstanding.

Kinan

Bought it! 8.99€ in Europe, for those who interested. Needed to leave for work though, can't wait to get home. :)

Velcro Fly

Glad we have frag fans in here. I cannot believe he did "no pause runs" for all the ships, twice!!!

He makes everything look so easy and in reality it's the exact opposite. I'm continually amazed he can identify weapons and things. I watched the most recent no pause runs for the most part and it's like wow. Seeing him now have 100% awareness is almost funny now with the new systems and things like that.

Brakke

Banned
Had my first run against the boss, took the first stage and blew it on the second like a noob.

Like going home!

Nicktals

Banned
I thought I'd wake up to the update on Steam...no such luck. When can I expect it? I don't know the typical update time...

UI and everything looks fine right?

It takes a tiny bit of getting used to coming from the pc version, especially with resizing your ship and the enemy, but nothing clunky.

The return to stations button is my favorite addition so far. Makes repairs and getting back to business afterward more manageable.

Ilúvatar

Does anyone know what manning Sensor and Door systems does in Advanced? It seems to me that it actually results in a debuff...?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Are a bunch of my ship choices supposed to be missing?

Edit: Nevermind, had to open up the list.

Ilúvatar;106796618 said:
Does anyone know what manning Sensor and Door systems does in Advanced? It seems to me that it actually results in a debuff...?

It effectively raises their level by one as long as someone is manning them. So you can temporarily scan ship interiors with only one level in sensors, etc. Adds a lot to the strategy and optimization IMHO.

Also, is it me or autopilot got a huge buff (perhaps in an earlier patch)? Wasn't it 25% at level 2 and 50% at level 3? It's now 50% and 80%, making it an awesome investment.

Top Bottom