• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Full Frontal with Samantha Bee - OT - 10:30PM Wednesdays on TBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breads

Banned
Sam Bee was on fire today holy shit. Glad she spent a segment calling out people like Paul Ryan who publicly condemn the things Trump constantly says and does but continue refuse to withdraw their support. Fuck them. This isn't about saving face. It's about conviction. It takes more than telling me you're on my side to be on my side.

vikki

Sam went in hard tonight, I mean there was a lot to go in on. That bit on people avoiding saying pussy. And then all the people on cable that did say pussy.

For some reason she strikes this chord in me. Her attitude of "this is completely unacceptable" just really gets me. Not just that Trump is unacceptable...that the fact he is a presidential candidate is unacceptable. When he loses it doesn't change the fact that almost half the country wanted this boorish asshole as the president
Yeah her rants are absolutely scathing and hilarious, but besides that her outrage is refreshing because it makes me feel like I'm not going insane. She's basically the person standing next to you saying "I know, right!? What the fuck!" while you watch the fuckery of this election season.

Honestly this is the show I keep coming back to. This and Seth Myers' "A Closer Look" segment. Bee is the closest thing to Jon Stewart we have left.

Nelo Ice

Banned
For some reason she strikes this chord in me. Her attitude of "this is completely unacceptable" just really gets me. Not just that Trump is unacceptable...that the fact he is a presidential candidate is unacceptable. When he loses it doesn't change the fact that almost half the country wanted this boorish asshole as the president

That's why I love her show. She goes for the fatality with perfection every single time.

Vlad

Was Tuesday's episode actually a new one? My DVR showed it as new and recorded it as such, but it was just a repeat of Monday's.

abundant

Was Tuesday's episode actually a new one? My DVR showed it as new and recorded it as such, but it was just a repeat of Monday's.

Yeah, I though yesterday was going to be a new episode as well. I guess it was just a scheduling error with DVRs. Have had that happen before with other shows.

Yeah, I though yesterday was going to be a new episode as well. I guess it was just a scheduling error with DVRs. Have had that happen before with other shows.

It was supposed to be a new one with Madeliene Albright, but they moved it at the last minute to Oct. 24th

Altairre

Piece on Catholic hospitals rn is horrifying

I actually could not believe this is a thing. How are there no repercussions for letting somebody die that you could have saved? How is this legal? What the fuck? "There are some situations where the mother may in fact die." You worthless piece of human garbage.

I actually could not believe this is a thing. How are there no repercussions for letting somebody die that you could have saved? How is this legal? What the fuck? "There are some situations where the mother may in fact die." You worthless piece of human garbage.

I don't know how the federal govt lets this shit slide. Shit is unconstitutional. Samantha Bee took a steaming pile of shit on misogynists.

Dave Itzkoff ‏@ditzkoff 9m9 minutes ago
.@iamsambee will interview President Obama on Monday's episode of @FullFrontalSamB, TBS says.

oh shit...

EDIT: Perfect.

Cvt4-qbWcAMUZ4k.jpg

gabbo

Now I actually believe he's at least a very poor reader. Sam has the best staff!

Dear god. It was in front of us the whole time...
edit: Holy fuck at the web extra interviews for last weeks episodes.... I actually feel ill

Strike

Her segment on the Alt-right movement was fucking beautiful. I haven't really watched her show, but I've watched enough of her videos to seriously reconsider.

Part 1
Part 2

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
The Russian online trolls was a really great segment.

Shaneus

Now I actually believe he's at least a very poor reader. Sam has the best staff!
It's a shame those staff couldn't also write for Conan. I miss watching him, but there's nothing that leads me to believe he's anything like his old Late Night/Tonight Show self.

Is it really worth watching? My partner and I have basically been avoiding as much news/media coverage as possible, but if it somehow makes us feel better about the whole thing, we'll give it a watch.

Depends on what makes you feel better. She did point out some positive wins that happened in the election and tried to keep a "let's dust ourselves off and get back to work" demeanor, but she definitely went in on Trump, his supporters, and also the statistic of white people being the only race to have a majority support Trump.

“White people, this is the worst thing we’ve ever— no, I’m sorry, that’s a very high bar. But holy s—, and don’t try to distance yourself from the bad apples and say, ‘It’s not my fault, I didn’t vote for him. Hashtag not all white people.’ Shush. If Muslims have to take responsibility for every member of their community, so do we.”

Judge for yourself how you will. I loved it and had the first genuine laughs since it became clear that Trump was the winner.

varkuriru

Eh we need shows like this to cope, me thinks. I got through the Cheney years with the help of TDS and now got Sam Bee, Jon Oliver.. some Colbert and TDS is okay ish I guess.

gabbo

Good to have her back.
To Nelo Ice, you'll want to watch shows like this because they'll remind you that there are indeed people out there that haven't bought into the the Trump BS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom