• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fullbright Company decides not to show Gone Home at PAX Indie Megabooth in protest

BiggNife

After seeing Sporegar banned for that, versus the stuff other people have been getting away with in this and the original PAX thread, I'm done. Feel free to ban me or whatever, mods.

He straight-up said it's okay to insult a community of people based on generalizations that in no way reflect everyone in that community. How is that in any way okay?

This post sums it up best:

This is difficult as I know you aren't supposed to talk about some aspects of bans. I watched the Sqogar posts for all of these threads.

All I will say is - While offering a lot of information, and views explained in a way that seemed intellectual, I feel the take-away was too much: "and now because I have explained how extremely detached, fair, and objective I am, I can justly make a sweeping generalization that trans people as a whole suck. And it's OK to fight them by mocking them so they know their place."

I don't know if that was truly the intended subtext. But several posts read that way to me, and came across as someone being a plain asshole but in a very wordy way, to justify it.

I point this out only because it's a common tactic in Internet discussions, and won't discuss the ban further.

Also he never answered my question about whether or not he knows any trans people. I think it's absurd to make the kind of accusations he made without any real-world experience on the subject. I'm not trans myself, but I know people who are trans and I've heard terrible stories about the shit they have to go through.

Top Bottom