• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Funko |OT| Once you Pop, the fun don't stop

Zero315

Banned
Exclusive Mystery Minis sound like the worst idea ever. Still unsure if I'm gonna pick up any of the JL pops. Maybe a Flash...

LycanXIII

Exclusive Mystery Minis sound like the worst idea ever. Still unsure if I'm gonna pick up any of the JL pops. Maybe a Flash...

They are. People buy a whole box and post the layout online, so then "collectors" go and try and pick the rare ones out of new boxes.

LycanXIII

are they even packed the same way?

Yep, the stores that get exclusive variants all get them packaged the same way, some how.

For example, Arkham MMs:

44f29c7ba0fe9b2b3000f7a595af88de.jpg

Oh my god that Mystery Mini of Flash running is fucking amazing

Also!! My Tinkles with Ghost in a Jar came! Gave it to my gf for National Girlfriend Day (didn't know that was a thing but it made giving her a random gift easier!) and she loved it, especially since we waited in line for 3 hours for the Rickmobile only to be turned away ):

Ghost in a Jar glows BRIGHT too. I wish they'd make a normal POP of him like the TARDIS so he'd be "life size" argh!

zeemumu

Disney Treasures Haunted Forest box is open for subscriptions. Looks like the main Pop is gonna be
Dragon Maleficent

The deal with this box is that you're also supposed get ride-based stuff, too, right? So I'm hoping they don't miss the opportunity to put some Mansion stuff in there and not just something like the Old Hag from Snow White.

Disney Treasures Haunted Forest box is open for subscriptions. Looks like the main Pop is gonna be
Dragon Maleficent

The deal with this box is that you're also supposed get ride-based stuff, too, right? So I'm hoping they don't miss the opportunity to put some Mansion stuff in there and not just something like the Old Hag from Snow White.

That looks awsome, cant wait to get my box. Also my Tinytown box should be here this week, cant wait to see whats in it.

ev0

They are. People buy a whole box and post the layout online, so then "collectors" go and try and pick the rare ones out of new boxes.

it seems to combat this Funko started putting some really annoying ratios into Mystery Minis (ex: 1/6, 1/8. multiple 1/72s) starting with Spider Man.
The JL set has that too. The fact that you can get 2 Mera's in one box of JL Minis is evil.

Spider Man I think had 3 or 4 possible box combinations not counting the exclusive versions from Walmart, Hot Topic or Walgreens.

it seems to combat this Funko started putting some really annoying ratios into Mystery Minis (ex: 1/6, 1/8. multiple 1/72s) starting with Spider Man.
The JL set has that too. The fact that you can get 2 Mera's in one box of JL Minis is evil.

Spider Man I think had 3 or 4 possible box combinations not counting the exclusive versions from Walmart, Hot Topic or Walgreens.

1/6 is awful, there is no point to buy a case anymore. I bought a case of the original fallout from GameStop and just got one of everything, that was awesome. Never gonna buy a case again with the new ratios. There's some recent sets where only 3 out of 12 can be different. The rest are either 1/12 or 1/6.

Th Rick & Morty Mystery Minis have Ghost in a Jar as 1/72, fuck outta here with that shit. Also picked up two from a box for my girlfriend and I a few weeks ago and we both got Mr Poopy Butthole. Letdown. Now I know why.

I actually just want to see how much the Mystery Mini of Ghost in a Jar goes for on eBay and... is it just the exact same GitJ that comes with the Tinkles Pop? I don't know if the Mystery Mini glows like the Pop one does but other than that I can't tell the difference.

HAH now he's double rare. Fuck you Funko! *swallows mine so I have it forever*

Zero315

Banned
Any word on a date for those KH Mystery Minis?

They technically haven't even been announced yet.

I actually just want to see how much the Mystery Mini of Ghost in a Jar goes for on eBay and... is it just the exact same GitJ that comes with the Tinkles Pop? I don't know if the Mystery Mini glows like the Pop one does but other than that I can't tell the difference.

HAH now he's double rare. Fuck you Funko! *swallows mine so I have it forever*

I think the mystery mini is smaller and more translucent. I don't think it glows like the one that comes with Tinkles either.

ev0

LOL looks like the Star Wars set continues this ratio crap
media

I'm all for having some hard to gets and chases, but when you make normal main characters of a series/movie hard to get, thats just kind of scummy.

I was looking forward to Disney Afternoon and KH but at this point I expect like 1/3 Webbigails, 1/144 Darkwing Duck, 1/288 Scrooge and 1/72 Soras.

LycanXIII

LOL looks like the Star Wars set continues this ratio crap
media

I'm all for having some hard to gets and chases, but when you make normal main characters of a series/movie hard to get, thats just kind of scummy.

I was looking forward to Disney Afternoon and KH but at this point I expect like 1/3 Webbigails, 1/144 Darkwing Duck, 1/288 Scrooge and 1/72 Soras.

Ummm, Sora is going to be a 1/2 draw, duh.

i dont understand the ratios of the star wars minis. There is a pic of the gamestop exclusive boxes and all the ratios are completely different. Jawa is a 1/12, Tarkin is a 1/12, Chewbacca is a 1/8(wtf does that even mean, cases are 12), And Ponda is a 1/12 while hammerhead is a 1/72.

So if that is actually true, nothing is rare at all besides the exclusives and the commons they are replacing, minus han solo who is a 1/12 common

mcbvywp.png

ev0

Ummm, Sora is going to be a 1/2 draw, duh.

Haha, you are probably right. They will hold the Disney ones hostage

i dont understand the ratios of the star wars minis. There is a pic of the gamestop exclusive boxes and all the ratios are completely different. Jawa is a 1/12, Tarkin is a 1/12, Chewbacca is a 1/8(wtf does that even mean, cases are 12), And Ponda is a 1/12 while hammerhead is a 1/72.

So if that is actually true, nothing is rare at all besides the exclusives and the commons they are replacing, minus han solo who is a 1/12 common

mcbvywp.png

The way the 1/8 (Doc Ock) worked in the Spider Man sets was that every third case has 2 of him in it. This was how it worked for the non-exclusive boxes, of which there were 3 possible layouts.

And yes the Star Wars ratios are weird. It does seem however that Vader is 1/72 in all of them.

Zero315

Banned
Horizon Zero Dawn action figures and Mystery Minis popped up in Gamestop's system. I'd wager that Pops are coming soon too.

Edit: I payed the fugitive toys tax and bought Masked Ochaco... ugh.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Horizon Zero Dawn action figures and Mystery Minis popped up in Gamestop's system. I'd wager that Pops are coming soon too.

Oh man I hope we get some Horizon Pops, I wish there were more gaming ones. Can you imagine if they could do Final Fantasy ones, there would be a shit ton.

Sponge

Banned

I hope pops are coming, too. I'd love one for Aloy and a 6 inch of one of the robots.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
These UK SDCC releases are going real well so far, Forbidden Planet got all theirs up, out and sent, and you could go in last saturday and they had almost all of them in store available.

The "Aragorn and Arwen" pack and "Harry on Broom" that went to Tesco is MIA, the Tesco twitter people kept saying it was going up today but then today said it had been delayed for whatever reason and they have no idea when it is coming now. Asda are completely clueless on what is going on with the "Leia and R2D2" pack, and have no idea if their other SDCC exclusives are coming back into stock, and keep saying to ask people in store while saying they are online only.

sigh.

I continue to be jealous of how much easier it is to track and find releases in the US.

I hope pops are coming, too. I'd love one for Aloy and a 6 inch of one of the robots.

A 6" thunderjaw would be just awesome to have.

Totofogo

Neo Member
I've been doing some cleaning and have managed to collect a few of these over the years that I don't have much of a care for them thanks to lootcrate, gifts, etc. Anyone here have advice on what to do with them (are they worth trying to sell)? I'd like to see them in a collectors hands rather than some scalper- not worried about turning a profit on them or anything.

- Michelangelo TMNT #62 (this one seems pretty widely available, lol.)
- Superman Man of Steel #29
- Groot GOTG #49 LootCrate exclusive glow in the dark

If this isn't the place to post this just let me know- I'd just rather find them a home than throw them out!

Just got an email from Gamestop about a Funko Insider Club. There's a thing for a free standard price POP and a code with a button that says REDEEM NOW that doesn't actually link to anything. Has anyone gotten this and used it? Is it only for Gamestop Rewards premium?

Edit: figured it out. Had to open the email in browser and then copy paste the link that it was supposed to send me to.

Just got an email from Gamestop about a Funko Insider Club. There's a thing for a free standard price POP and a code with a button that says REDEEM NOW that doesn't actually link to anything. Has anyone gotten this and used it? Is it only for Gamestop Rewards premium?

I'm for sure not Premium, but it goes to a webpage that asks for email or phone number and the code. I just redeemed it for the coupon code, but I haven't actually gone to get the Pop yet.

Edit: Ooops. Looks like you figure it out.

Well in any case, I don't know what Pop to get.

Keep in mind that it really only applies to the POPs that have the stickers on them that say NOW 8.99 or 5.00 since they sell normal pops for 11.99.

I almost grabbed a Jessica Jones style Luke Cage but the box was kinda dinged up so I'm just gonna go to a different store tomorrow.

Keep in mind that it really only applies to the POPs that have the stickers on them that say NOW 8.99 or 5.00 since they sell normal pops for 11.99.

I almost grabbed a Jessica Jones style Luke Cage but the box was kinda dinged up so I'm just gonna go to a different store tomorrow.

So it's not on all the regular non-limited Pops?

Got my order from BoxLunch with The Mountain and Aladdin Dobz ride, think I'm done with buying Funko stuff..until their store in Everett opens.

zeemumu

I take it it's not something you can just walk into D Street and expect to find waiting on the shelf?

Unfortunately no. But the merch site also mentions that they'll have stock at that shop outside of the Matterhorn (Le Petite Chalet). If you have an annual pass or are planning to go to the park that day, that might be the place to check.

Top Bottom