• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Funniest moments in gaming this year

Pachael

Fans in denial when their game/system is terrible and/or sales are either too low (bomba) or too high (wtf mainstream).

RBH said:
28lrn0x.jpg
I watched the conference, but refresh my memory, what was that moment?

Killing all of your teammates in L4D before making it to the safehouse in any level.

I did this in the demo and laughed long and hard.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
ZephyrFate said:
Killing all of your teammates in L4D before making it to the safehouse in any level.

I did this in the demo and laughed long and hard.
You're a real riot.

Haunted

In games, Sam & Max and Penny Arcade Adventures 2 had some pretty funny moments.

In gaming, Nintendo's E3 conference (although that was more of a "it's so bad it hurts, I can't do anything but laugh" conference), Capcom's E3 conference was a winner as well.

On GAF, Muppet's (I'm an expert) post is certainly up there. GAF E3 threads as a whole are sooo entertaining.

a Master Ninja said:
Is this one of those "it's funny because it's true" moments? :p

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Oh god, the beyblade thread. :lol

That was a classic fucking thread.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
That GIF is amazing. ^

:lol :lol

EmCeeGramr said:
Anything in Left 4 Dead.

This. [Expert] Team member down after being vomited on and swarmed by zombies. "Get them off me! Get them off me!"

Hey I've got a great idea....'Molitov Incoming!!'

"No! No Wait!....aaaaahhhhhhh!!!"

Monocle

Denis Dyack's "For or Against" Too Human debacle, by far. I have enough leftover lulz stuffed in the pantry to last me fourteen hard winters.

Death_Born said:
Oh dear. :lol

a Master Ninja said:
In fairness, that's really how it felt that day. The 360 FFXIII announcement was huge. Not completely unexpected perhaps, but undeniably a vicious blow to Sony.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
ggnoobIGN said:
3. The guy with the most epic thread bump ever...3 years after he predicted a DC versus MK game would happen, it did.

This is definitely my favorite GAF moment this year. I was laughing hard, especially when reading the thread title was something like "Wise from your gwave!"

As for gaming, Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts is hilarious.

The sequence after the credits in Castle Crashers was the single funniest gaming experience I had all year.

First runner up is LOG's first (Abandoned) game in Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Funny how the OP lists stuff in games and most of the thread is naming forum related stuff. Let's bring some actual games to the table guys, I'm sure you all played a few this year and had some funny moments.

BenjaminBirdie said:
First runner up is LOG's first (Abandoned) game in Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts.
I can't wait to play Nuts & Bolts when my 360 arrives. Some screens I saw involving LOG (and the character concept itself) were priceless.

Fuu said:
Funny how the OP lists stuff in games and most of the thread is naming forum related stuff. Let's bring some games to the table guys, I'm sure you all played some this year and had some funny moments.

Way ahead of you!

;D

Fuu

Edit: I'll name one for now.

Joshua and Neku at the entrance of the Shibuya river in the Tin Pin Slammer side story. :D

BenjaminBirdie said:
Way ahead of you!

;D
Your post was actually my cue. :lol

Stike

The funniest moment in gaming this year is still about to come.

It is:

ALL comments regarding the first real God of War 3 footage D:

Fuu

Just remembered two. I was so amused at those two times that I didn't even consider taking a screenshot like a friend suggested when I told him.

I was playing Assassin's Creed on PC (it was released this year for Windows). I was about to kill some guards when one of them that was near a fire had some bug happening to his model and his body started slowly stretching on the air like he was some sort of flying Mr. Fantastic. I laughed pretty hard looking at that.

Another one was when I accidentally jumped on a small ledge while walking in the middle of a crowd and everyone started saying I'm crazy like it usually happens in the game. Except one bearded dude. After I got off my Spider-Man pose the dude did exactly what I did and got up on the same spot, staying there doing the same pose just to serenely get down and walk away some seconds later. I didn't even know the NPC bystanders could do these things. :lol

Lucario

Gamefaqs character battle.
Brawl lineup (Hundreds and hundreds of pages of bitching)
Two-year MK vs DC bump.

i loved that Lips thread.

i loved the FXIII360 moment.

i loved Jarosh's take on the e3 2008 conference.

in gaming, Sam and Max Season 2. Prince of Persia gets honorable mention for being the most surprisingly funny title (cause i wasn't expect it to even try to be funny).

Cronen

The Lips thread is one of my favourite things about this forum. Thanks GAF! :D

In terms of actual games, definite kudos to Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts. The game was very funny, and had lots of laugh out loud moments.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
someone needs to post a link to this hilarious LIPS thread... if it's half as funny as the beyblade thread, i'm in!

Top Bottom