• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FurryGAF |OT| They should have sent a veterinarian

A big Manchester fur-meet/party next month. I assume none of you will be there :p (Still undecided if I will or not)

OKwCUMd.gif

It's okay. It was just a flesh wound. I'm alive and well :D

Emitan

Yeah I guess something to keep in mind is he did all the art by himself. Even if the art style is grating there was a ton of work involved.

Refyref

I was fine with the character design in Dust. Not too many stand-outs, except for Dust himself and a few others, but nothing bad.

- The NPC designs, both townsfolk and story characters, seem to suffer from the legacy of mid- 90s anthro animal comic and PC game art. Jazz Jackrabbit stuff. The style became the basis of a ton of furry fandom art, in the same way Sonic comics became the stock standard art style for Sonic fandom.

The affected characters are as well drawn in the style, but it's not a very appealing style for many/most. It doesn't help the game in general as it evokes mainstream stereotypes of "furry internet art".

To be fair, the creator of the game was the main artist back in Jazz Jackrabbit 2, so it's not like he chose the style just because of how prevalent it is. That's his style.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I was fine with the character design in Dust. Not too many stand-outs, except for Dust himself and a few others, but nothing bad.

To be fair, the creator of the game was the main artist back in Jazz Jackrabbit 2, so it's not like he chose the style just because of how prevalent it is. That's his style.

Yeah, I recall him working on it. Just pointing out that it's become a pretty stereotypical look. For a lot of people it seems to be the Dragonball Z of anthro art.

Refyref

Yeah, I recall him working on it. Just pointing out that it's become a pretty stereotypical look. For a lot of people it seems to be the Dragonball Z of anthro art.

That's true. I just find that complaining about how common the style is against this game is like complaining about how Toriyama's drawings all look like Dragonball.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Pixiv is dangerous now. Combine the new "Suggested Users" page and a Feed page that tracks the new bookmarks and follows of those on your own follow list, and you can slip into a tvtropes-level website vortex.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Japanese fursuits are cool and creepy

I want a nice replica of the Doggie suit though, but I bet Toei is keeping it

Pixiv is dangerous now. Combine the new "Suggested Users" page and a Feed page that tracks the new bookmarks and follows of those on your own follow list, and you can slip into a tvtropes-level website vortex.

Hahha so that's what it was for

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
So catching up on certain goings on has reminded me of the recent FGC drama where it was concluded that being better at fighting games means being worse at life

Some artists aren't too good at managing the business side of it.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So catching up on certain goings on has reminded me of the recent FGC drama where it was concluded that being better at fighting games means being worse at life

Some artists aren't too good at managing the business side of it.

wait what drama

and are furries who take commissions as a hobby and not as the only source of income a rarity?

and are furries who take commissions as a hobby and not as the only source of income a rarity?

I'd say there are more who do art as a hobby, than as their primary source of income. Those that can actually turn commissions into their primary work, are very rare. For example, I doubt I'd ever be able to turn my art into something that supports me.

Awesome stuff, Miktar.

Today's painting practice. I'm trying to do one a day, in the misguided hope that somehow I'll improve:

Looking good! Though it seems like the tail is going through the back of the chair (is there a hole for it like Sully's chair in Monsters Inc?).

I guess :p I wasn't really thinking much about anatomy or the logistics of it when painting, I was just trying to figure out how to represent 'volume'. The painting started off as a grey slab and I pushed/pulled shapes out of it by painting lighter or darker. Not too sure if I'll do it that way again.

Gattuso

Don't jgminto, I can still enjoy having you guys make another channel if I want to not that it would do much. I'll just search for somewhere else to have my chance as long as it takes. I'm sorry I could never get it past me.

Hedge

Yesterday's doodle, drawn while watching way too much Daria late at night. I'm trying to make it a point of doing at least one piece a day, no matter how inane.

I made the same promise to myself. Then I checked my gallery and remembered it had been like 10 months since I drew something last. s_s

Top Bottom