• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FurryGAF |OT| They should have sent a veterinarian

D-Pad

Then as long as you keep them out of the hot pan there will be no spattering.

doffa (FurAffinity) said:
1362091592.kallenwind9qql9.jpg

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
RPG Densetsu Depoi 1

WGXnI3X.jpg

Where a naked Pinocchio pulls the sword from the stone grassy knoll to beat a half-dragon knight to the rights to save a diverse town of humans, half-dragon people, animal people, and tin men. Pretty standard kids fare otherwise, but with some elements that seem incredibly dumb(squat mecha gods! check your retro toy bargain bin today!), but also parts that could be ok. Already trying this for Miiya Miiya so who knows. Will probably watch a bit more before dropping.

XaosWolf

Wow whoa WHAT!?

Great OT and all that jazz, but... that lack of Star Fox in the media section wounds me, sir.
Though the inclusion of Alien Soldier makes me feel a lot better all round.

Chuck

Still without luck
Wow whoa WHAT!?

Great OT and all that jazz, but... that lack of Star Fox in the media section wounds me, sir.
Though the inclusion of Alien Soldier makes me feel a lot better all round.

You can write up Star Fox if you like :3

Also, welcome!

Maybe that's cause except for Star Fox 64, all the games were mediocre at best, but most of them were shit? :p

I wonder if I should play the other games in the series since the only Star Fox game I've ever played was Command.

Command deviated a lot from the original formula of the series.

I think the first Star Fox is better than 64 in some ways, but the original's bad framerate and sometimes-unclear graphics hold it back. Even though the original isn't quite as good as 64, I still think it's a really solid game, which is more than I'd say about any of the post-64 games.

I think the first Star Fox is better than 64 in some ways, but the original's bad framerate and sometimes-unclear graphics hold it back. Even though the original isn't quite as good as 64, I still think it's a really solid game, which is more than I'd say about any of the post-64 games.

I think I can agree with that.
Given the fact the original is on the SNES of all things, it's quite decent.

I was disappointed that Star Fox 64 got an enhanced port but not the original. I think it would be easier for a lot of people to get into the original if it performed better, whereas 64 didn't really need an update.

XaosWolf

You can write up Star Fox if you like :3

Also, welcome!

It was only a matter of time/remembering-I-have-a-subscription-section-and-seeing-that-the-other-thread-was-dead.

Also furries are sick and weird and I hate them.

But here's my StarFox write-up:
StarFox - game series, 1993 - Present.
Star%20Fox%20SNES%20Title%20Screen.jpg

IT'S

317959-star_fox_64___title_screen_550x.jpg

GOSH

star_fox_assault1161711560.jpg

DANG

Star_Wolf_Team.jpg

STAR FOX

...And Star Wolf I guess.

*High-Five of Disappointment*

I wonder if I should play the other games in the series since the only Star Fox game I've ever played was Command.

Command is the worst. The most fan-fictiony game ever made bar Sonic 06.
Unfortunately we are reminded of Command whenever we see Smash Bros now.

Maybe that's cause except for Star Fox 64, all the games were mediocre at best, but most of them were shit? :p

I'm one person that enjoyed Adventures. It was still a Rare game after all.
It just wasn't a rail-shooter, even though it evilly tricked people at the start, and then even more evilly Tricky'd them the rest of the way through.

No cross-hair hurts the game the most for me. But then you remember that it really is the SNES you're running this 3D game on and immediately stop complaining. =)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Star Fox Assault has the best gay moments of the game. Maybe Command too if you want to see tsundere Wolf

XaosWolf

Star Fox Assault has the best gay moments of the game. Maybe Command too if you want to see tsundere Wolf

Darn, was trying to find a screencap or something related to those scenes, but at least TV Tropes supports the fact.

Also holy shit, I think I may have almost starred in Star Fox 2.
tumblr_m2l6ltwqRL1qd4q8ao1_400.gif

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I thought anime fans and furries are like oil and water
In terms of distribution channels, sure. A bunch of stuff is never brought over from Japan in the same way simply becase it has THAT while other niches get caught in the net. However the urge to dress up in character is pretty similar.

Boss Doggie

In terms of distribution channels, sure. A bunch of stuff is never brought over from Japan in the same way simply becase it has THAT while other niches get caught in the net. However the urge to dress up in character is pretty similar.

Hmm if you put it like that, then it makes sense.

Was command that bad? I hardly remember much of it since its been a really long time since I've played it last.

It's... kinda weird for a Star Fox game.

Tsundere Wolf was hilarious though. In the path where Fox hires him he was like "It's not like I want to help you or anything" and "Well, you're paying me anyway!" He's like some weird moe-tan there.

Gattuso

I kinda wish I could play it again just to remind myself but I lost the game years ago. I think watching a few videos should be enough.

It's been a long time since I played it, but I remember Command being pretty mediocre. The controls were kind of bad, and every level was pretty much exactly the same. I would probably call it the worst Star Fox game.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I personally prefer the first Star Fox game, and was never a big fan of 64. The style and feel is just much stronger even with low framerate untextured polys.

Gattuso

I guess what one would you guys recommend I should go try and get or play first? since it looks like I started out with the worst one in the series.

You should probably just play the first two. If you're not the kind of person who prefers to start series from the beginning, it'd be fine to just get Star Fox 64 (and the 3DS version might be the best way to play that).

All of the Star Fox games are at least pretty decent, but I think the first two are the only ones that are really worth getting into. Star Fox Assault is probably the next-best one.

Why would anyone suggest Adventures? It's so bad. :/
I'd say that one is the worst in the series. Command was weird, but not particularly awful. Mediocre game overall.

Adventures looks marvelous, and sounds good, but beyond that surface, there's nothing else that is really remarkable. It's a pretty badly done OoT clone.
The most difficult part the game are it being bullshit because of really clunky controls and retarded camera. That and the shoe-horned in railshooting and racing sequences that play like shit.
And let's not even go to the story, I mean, c'mon. "OMG blue furry boobs, Imma save those tits. Oh, and I guess the planet too, but who the fuck cares", and the most anticlimactic ending ever.

I tried replaying Adventures recently. Got about half an hour in and realized my folly. The game still looks great, though... and so does Fox. He's so fuzzy!

Boss Doggie

Assault is pretty tame for the most part. Its sin is that it's not as good as SNES or 64.

With that said get it for some Fox x Wolf stuff

Refyref

Assault is pretty tame for the most part. Its sin is that it's not as good as SNES or 64.

With that said get it for some Fox x Wolf stuff

Most people were disappointed by Assault because most of it is on-foot missions, after the 2 pretty good opening missions.

Boss Doggie

Slippy was clearly the best choice of ground support in a pirate base.

I find it weird that Wolf managed to get them to follow him. Also I find it weird that Panther joined Wolf. He should've went for that Lylat Musketeers troupe or something.

But I love me some Wolf in Assault.

Gattuso

You shouldn't skip Adventures. If anything, play it outside of your Starfox marathon. It's still a really good game.
i would have to skip over it anyway because i can't play gamecube games right now. And trying to play that in dolphin is a no go as well since i can't run much on this laptop.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
RPG Densetsu Hepoi 2

4PVVplk.jpg
3Sg27OK.jpg

Hmm... liked this ep more than the first. Everything was so non-serious that it came off as more of a Dragon Ball wannabe than anything else, with Not-Goku, Furry Bulma, and Dragon-boy Yamcha as the core group. Monster of the week guy was also played for laughs. Wouldn't really call it good at this point, but it's certainly trying to keep me from dropping it outright.

Not like that's ever been a high bar to meet, though.

Top Bottom