• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Further NA Zelda Symphony dates revealed (Vancouver, Phoenix, etc) [ON SALE NOW]

scitek

ATLANTA? YAYA :)

The one time I don't mind living 30 minutes away.

I live 10 minutes from the Cobb Energy Centre (Atlanta)

JTddB.gif

Oh shit, 20 minutes then.

EDIT: $60 a ticket minimum? Hmmmmm...

Where's this information coming from?

I don't doubt it in the slightest, but these dates haven't been put up anywhere. I need to be on the knowledge fast track for when the East Coast gets dates!

Firestorm

Where's this information coming from?

I don't doubt it in the slightest, but these dates haven't been put up anywhere. I need to be on the knowledge fast track for when the East Coast gets dates!
Ticketmaster. One of my friends told me last night that they saw a Vancouver date so I searched "Zelda" on the site and saw the others. I don't know why Nintendo hasn't communicated anything considering the tickets go on sale Thursday.

I can't imagine NY getting shafted. We're the equivalent of the east coast division of Nintendo out here with the store and offices. Plus our symphony is one of the best in the world.

Pre

Even living in Arkansas, I'm considering the Atlanta one (it'd probably be a 6-8 hour drive, though), but I'll probably be doing finals around that time.

hatchx

Banned
I'm really hoping there is a Toronto date but Vancouver will probably be the only Canadian date you watch

I hope for Toronto as well. I think it will happen, Nintendo does a lot of marketing and PR here. They would be stupid not to, it will sell out.

Hylian7

My advice to everyone trying to go to these: DON'T WAIT TO BUY THE TICKETS, BUY IMMEDIATELY.

I waited a few days too long and missed out on the Dallas one. I am still hoping it comes to Houston or somewhere in Texas again.

HylianTom

Banned
Good news, everyone!

Looks like Denver has been added.. and it looks like Orlando is on the slate once again. Congrats to Florida & Colorado ZeldaGAF!

(my source is a fairly popular website that one would Go to for Nintendo news. Cheers!)

Chairhome

Good news, everyone!

Looks like Denver has been added.. and it looks like Orlando is on the slate once again. Congrats to Florida & Colorado ZeldaGAF!

(my source is a fairly popular website that one would Go to for Nintendo news. Cheers!)

Yup, just saw that, too. Thanks! http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/22004796AE116AAC?artistid=1623381&majorcatid=10002&minorcatid=203

I'm getting a group of friends together for this. Cheap seats are $48 after TM fees. The higher end ones are $120ish, I think I'm too broke for that.

Good news, everyone!

I keep getting heart attacks from this thread. I shall order my ticket tomorrow! Florida finally gets something good. :-D

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm hoping for a Denver date...

Meier

YES! They announced Austin (amongst 3 other additional cities) too!

REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Starting today, video game fans and music lovers in North America can purchase tickets for an extraordinary concert tour that celebrates one of the most beloved game series of all time. The Legend of Zelda™: Symphony of the Goddesses tour will feature live orchestral performances of theme music from Nintendo’s The Legend of Zelda franchise.

The name “Symphony of the Goddesses” refers not only to the concert program but also to the new four-movement symphony recounting the classic storylines from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time™, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker™, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess™ and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past™. Fans can also expect to hear stirring orchestral renditions of music from other games in the series, including The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening™ and The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask™. The full orchestra will be conducted by Eímear Noone with arrangements by music director Chad Seiter.

Since first appearing in 1986, The Legend of Zelda game series has sold more than 65 million units worldwide. The most recent entry in the series is The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, which launched exclusively for the Wii™ console in November.

Concert dates and locations are as follows (subject to change):

Jan. 10 Dallas
March 14 Vancouver, British Columbia
March 26 Seattle
March 28 San Francisco
April 7 Denver
April 20-21 Phoenix
May 12 Atlanta
May 31 Montreal, Quebec
June 22 Austin, Texas
July 14 Orlando, Fla.
Sept. 29* Toronto, Ontario

* tickets on sale March 31

I hope they still offer a discount to Club Nintendo members..

HylianTom

Banned
Austin? Holy crap.

I lived in Austin for 10 good years, and this would give me a chance/excuse to visit with friends. I'll take a trip to Austin over Atlanta any day! Sweet!

Chairhome

Hmm, you think these will sell quickly? I know the venue isn't that big in Orlando, but its probably ideal for this type of performance. A co-worker wants to get his tickets from the box office rather than Ticketmaster since the fee would be less, but I don't want to miss out on good seats (or risk it selling out) by waiting the 7 hours. I might see if I can buy tickets over the phone.

Orlando GAF! See you in 6 months! haha.

Meier

Hmm, you think these will sell quickly? I know the venue isn't that big in Orlando, but its probably ideal for this type of performance. A co-worker wants to get his tickets from the box office rather than Ticketmaster since the fee would be less, but I don't want to miss out on good seats (or risk it selling out) by waiting the 7 hours. I might see if I can buy tickets over the phone.

Orlando GAF! See you in 6 months! haha.

Bob Carr is quite prestigious.. these types of shows are always in concert halls so I can't imagine it being anywhere else in Orlando. If I had to guess, I'd say there are probably around 5,000 seats at most (standard size) and supposedly the original show in Dallas sold out in "record time" so I would not recommend waiting personally.

Chairhome

Bob Carr is quite prestigious.. these types of shows are always in concert halls so I can't imagine it being anywhere else in Orlando. If I had to guess, I'd say there are probably around 5,000 seats at most (standard size) and supposedly the original show in Dallas sold out in "record time" so I would not recommend waiting personally.

Thanks for the heads up! The capacity I saw on the website was 2500, so that makes it worse! I'll probably just buy online, thank you!

Jazzem

This one will actually feature music from Link's Awakening? :O

If they do a UK showing I might have to double dip, I went to and loved the London performance last year but was gutted at the lack of LA. Plus I enjoyed it enough that I'd happily go and see another showing.

TehOh

I really hope that they announce more dates for the rest of the year. Nothing even remotely close to me. ;_;

Cmon, announce one for Minneapolis/St. Paul! (or even Chicago)

Chairhome

Does anyone know the Club Nintendo code for this? I tried ZELDA which was the one for the previous ones, but it doesn't work. Boo :-/.

Chairhome

I'm a bit saddened that they haven't released the Club Nintendo code for this yet :-/. I haven't bought my tickets yet, but I'm going to make a run to the box office in a few minutes to buy my tickets. Looks like the tickets aren't moving too much right now, so I'm not too worried.

Chairhome

Yeah, I want to buy tickets, but I'd really like to save that 15%

I just called Nintendo Customer Service and the rep said he didn't have any info on it yet so it is likely not yet released. Lame. He said to try again in a few days, but that's dumb cause they tickets may sell and you'll get worse seats by waiting. May have to email them about this and hope for some kind of reimbursement or something :-(

I just bought 8 tickets for Atlanta, orchestra seating. I may not need 2 of them (waiting on a friend to confirm if he can make it down from OH), if not I'll sell them to a GAFer at cost ($76.95). If anyone's interested later on when I find out, I'll let you guys know.

ruxtpin

Banned
If I was to go to a Publix to buy these, would that get rid of the excessive fees that appear when buying online?

Top Bottom