• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fuse Box Art revealed

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
The Dorito Pope hath spoken. He poured one can of Dew out for this box art.

I'd ask just what the hell is with this cover art, but hell, one could ask that of the entire game.

Acrylic7

Wanna play spot the difference?

Two EA Third Person Games to be released in March 2013. Guess which one is which.

Py89I.jpg

pX7cX.jpg

Fuse is the top one. Army Of Two Devils Cartel Is the Bottom. Only difference is a slight colour palette change

wow

also, why is everyone the same height?

Row

Banned
the overstrike cg trailer really made it look promising, a colorful third person shooter with TF2 styling that didn't seem to take itself too seriously, seemed fresh

this on the other hand is going to get lost in a sea of countless similar titles

what a waste of a good developers talents

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
the overstrike cg trailer really made it look promising, a colorful third person shooter with TF2 styling that didn't seem to take itself too seriously, seemed fresh

this on the other hand is going to get lost in a sea of countless similar titles

what a waste of a good developers talents

I think Blur made the trailer and, well, they make anything look AWESOME.

Wanna play spot the difference?

Two EA Third Person Games to be released in March 2013. Guess which one is which.

Py89I.jpg

pX7cX.jpg

Fuse is the top one. Army Of Two Devils Cartel Is the Bottom. Only difference is a slight colour palette change

aww hell.

So this game is releasing the same month as Gears of War and God of War AND EA's other super generic third person co-op focused shooter that will get the majority of EA's marketing funding?

How badly do they want this game to bomb?

They could just use their placeholder art.

41hPBiD5ukL.jpg
That plus the four silhouettes with the trademark fuze fizzle for color in the middle. Communicates group play, showcases each character by bulk and body language, and gives color and action by way of the fuze, all while minimizing the battlefield and CODisms found in the palette and details.

Thats what I'd want to communicate anyway. Not the soldier swagger walk all these games have.

Eit: Shit. Forgot about the 12 year olds. Scratch that.

Jawmuncher

Not gonna lie I like the Box Art :X
Mainly because orange is my favorite color.

Though unless EA pushes the Advertising this is going to bomb just like Syndicate which failed for the same reason (Along with SOTD and Alice)

Pooya

Why are people writing this game off? It's not out yet.

It doesn't need to be out yet. It might play like heaven even but their pre release "hype" has been so awfully handled. Everything from reveal at last year's E3 then going silent then reveal the game again with a new title and completely different and most generic artstyle around screams troubled, bad game. The game might be fun but even if it is they are selling it so badly it wouldn't matter. Who would be picking this up March next year when quite a few other games are releasing and have far better 'image'? yes, your product image matter a lot, that's how people judge your product, not everyone can try your game or even is willing to try your game given the chance because there are lot of other things out there that 'look' more interesting, this is how bad FUSE image and concept is. This is how it works for everything pretty much, you have to get someone interested first to even has a chance at selling your product, FUSE doesn't even do that.

D-Stubbs

I already think the game looks pretty meh, that cover isn't helping. Sucks I like Insomniac but I'm just not feeling this game.

Goddammit, now I really wish the game was called BOMB where you control a squad of 4 called "FOCUS GROUP" destroying some beautiful planets by turning them into gray Killzone-type military planets.

Now THAT'S high quality satire!

Contact me on LinkedIn for more game ideas.

Top Bottom