• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fuse Box Art revealed

Cudder

Not the greatest box art in the world, but it seems weird that you guys are honing in on this one to make fun of. The very premise of the game is stale and generic, so you guys expected a great boxart?

Nope, it's a popular design choice. There are tons and tons of book covers with headless bodies.

Really I highly doubt that. A full body w/ the top half of a head cut-off is awkward composition.. it still can be used, but usually to give a certain message or feeling. Which this game isn't trying to do.

Like this isn't as bad:
fuse_art.jpg

Still awkward, but more consistent.

But are people not complaining about that? Then what? The costume design is actually really good.

Tagg9

I like how they've chosen to debut it on an Xbox 360 box instead of PS3.

Very subtle, Insomniac. We know you're multiplatform now.

ironcreed

Banned
I get it now. Deep down they actually despise the new character models as well, so they deliberately cut their heads off in shame.

Really I highly doubt that. A full body w/ the top half of a head cut-off is awkward composition.. it still can be used, but usually to give a certain message or feeling. Which this game isn't trying to do.
Cutting off just before the eyes removes identity, a personal connection, and soul from the characters. All we're left with is stance and body armor.

It does come across as self parody, just not sure if that's their intention or not.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Well, so much for ever getting hired by Insomniac, LOL

ohcrap.jpg

Pretty fun, but still, poor Insomniac. Jstevenson is a genuinely nice guy, so it must be heartbreaking for him, Ted Price and the rest to see the complete ridicule of the (admittedly awful) cover and the complete lack of interest from online communities.

Deep down they must know this is gonna crash and burn.

Like this isn't as bad:
fuse_art.jpg

Still awkward, but more consistent.

But are people not complaining about that? Then what? The costume design is actually really good.
Never cut off an appendage by the joint or neck in any medium unless you are trying to give off that the body part has been severed.

QUOTE=Zeouterlimits;44817123]Dayum. GAF is brutal.

I laughed a lot.
I really like Insomniac and Stevenson, so I feel bad.
[/QUOTE]
This is why I feel compelled to point out what's wrong with their product. I hate to see them fail.

At this point I feel like Insomniac is just trolling us. Every new piece of media seems even more uninspired then the last and this game has far to much negativity surrounding it already. I am sure Insomniac is past the point where anything can be done but they probably should have walked away from this a while ago. It is far too late in this generation for anything so unimpressive looking to gain any traction. On GAF this game is almost universally laughed at, but still gets a new thread any time new news is released (only thanks to early gen goodwill I should think). In the real world, Insomniac should hope this game gets even that much attention.

Zia

That's an offensively generic cover, but I have to say, Fuse itself doesn't seem any more milquetoast than what Insomniac was putting out under Sony, and a lot of folks on GAF (apparently) loved those games.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Pretty fun, but still, poor Insomniac. Jstevenson is a genuinely nice guy, so it must be heartbreaking for him, Ted Price and the rest to see the complete ridicule of the (admittedly awful) cover and the complete lack of interest from online communities.

I agree, I like all those guys and hope the game does awesome ... but that doesnt mean theyre exempt from some ribbin' every now and then.

As far as Im concerned the previous art direction was much mroe my speed, but the game concept still sounds like something I want to play, we need more creative shooters.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
I agree, I like all those guys and hope the game does awesome ... but that doesnt mean theyre exempt from some ribbin' every now and then.

As far as Im concerned the previous art direction was much mroe my speed, but the game concept still sounds like something I want to play, we need more creative shooters.

Nah, that bland-ass cookie cutter cover deserves a good ribbing.

I don't know if I would've bought Fuse even with the old art direction, but it definitely looked way more appealing than the bland, forgettable art direction they are currently rolling with.

ymmv

Banned

I see another pity purchase in 2013 coming, because I'm really feeling sorry for the guys at Insomniac. Must be brutal to put two years of your life in a game only to see that dream come crashing down when your fan base ridicules your efforts. To be honest, the gameplay show in that overlong introduction by Ted was actually interesting - but at the same time everything was so dreadfully generic.

Outside of the generic-ness and head-chopping, I think I'm most baffled by the fact that two characters seem to be walking forward and two of them are just standing still. Why aren't they moving together? It's especially obnoxious on the lady to the left of the main dude, who has apparently decided to stop, jut her hip out unnaturally and purposefully block the movement of her comrade with her giant gun. Women don't just randomly stop to bash people with their hips (okay, most women don't).

I don't know, sometimes it just seems that EA hates the games that it publishes.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
I actually like the idea of the cover. Cutting off a characters face is a neat layout, the Matrix reloaded posters did it too and it worked well.

I mainly have a problem with the dude on the right eating the NTSC logo, accidents like that make it look sloppy and not all that well thought out.

If only they could get Olly Moss for every cover :|

-PXG-

I don't know, I see it as a class based (?) shooter filled with chest high walls (hurrr Gears hurrrrr), bad art and a mechanic based on a substance that blows shit up.

Hey, even smart people and talented teams make bad decisions. This looks like one of them. It happens.

I actually like the idea of the cover. Cutting off a characters face is a neat layout, the Matrix reloaded posters did it too and it worked well.

I mainly have a problem with the dude on the right eating the NTSC logo, accidents like that make it look sloppy and not all that well thought out.

If only they could get Olly Moss for every cover :|

Or get a guy who copies his style and steals components right from his work, lol

Top Bottom