• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fuse Box Art revealed

In all seriousness, what were they thinking?

I mean, did they seriously think someone will look at the gameshelf and see the boxart and say "Yeah this looks like a fun game!"

The framing is so bad it's not even funny.

Even if waiting out for the new MS console's launch wasn't a go, they could have waited til the dead summer months when people have endless time to play co-op with friends and there's a gaming drought. So many other options than March.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=44388436#post44388436

9rt2M.gif

Danielsan

Am I the only one who read the thread title as Fuse Box art revealed? Must have been the countless of fuses that I've had to change in video games...

No one cares about Resistance anymore and Ratchet isn't as popular as he should be these days. Insomniac needs Sony more than Sony needs Insomniac.

You really wouldn't be interested in more Resistance after 3? Bar the terrible ending I thought that game was fantastic, they managed to channel some great atmosphere throughout the campaign. Say what you will about this (and they kind of deserve it) but Resistance 3 was a good game and they really did not tie the plot up at all.

This seems like one of the worse pieces of cover-art I've seen for a game. It gives no indication at all about what the game is about and there is only 2 noticeable colours on it - orange and black. Overstrike looked much better.

Usually you guys over dramatize box-arts and you still are; the colors are fine. But that has to be a mistake cutting their faces off half way... that's seriously a character-design/composition NONO. Cutting the bottom 5-10% or the top always looks bad, especially the head. Probably a mix-up.

I am vaguely interested in this game. GAFs whining because it doesn't look like some stupid cartoon is kind of dumb.

No one is "whining". We are the potential customers (albeit a very small an relatively homogenous group), and no one wants this game.

This is really bad.

Its like they're trying to make this game as generic looking as humanly possible. That boxart could be confused with any number of other shooters on the market nowadays.

Judging by the changes to this game, I suspect Insomniac crapped their pants when they realised they are on their own now and that they won't be bankrolled. Every change made so far has made it look more like a generic blockbuster.

Shame.

This will be the 11th game they've released this generation.

People thought this was a good idea. This went through the hands of several people who went "Yup, looks great!" and some of them probably even thought that this game has any kind of a chance to sell more than four and a half copies.

*sigh*

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Is this some commentary on the male gaze?

ymmv

Banned
Usually you guys over dramatize box-arts and you still are; the colors are fine. But that has to be a mistake cutting their faces off half way... that's seriously a character-design/composition NONO. Cutting the bottom 5-10% or the top always looks bad, especially the head. Probably a mix-up.

Nope, it's a popular design choice. There are tons and tons of book covers with headless bodies.

This game that is going to sell really badly has the generic box art of a game that will sell really badly, to go along with the generic game art of a game that will sell really badly.

Pity. Between this and the recept R&C missteps, I really hope Insomniac aren't a bit pickled. And, for what it's worth, I liked the original art style of this. Doing things the opposite way round from Borderlands' rebranding is clearly not a good idea...

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
No one cares about Resistance anymore and Ratchet isn't as popular as he should be these days. Insomniac needs Sony more than Sony needs Insomniac.

Insomniac has created two of the most iconic/successful franchises in Sony history (Spyro and Ratchet) and one mildly successful one (Resistance). They're also reliably able to crank out games very quickly - at least one per year. I agree that Insomniac needs Sony more than Sony needs Insomniac, but I think Sony would be more than happy to get them back to making exclusives for their systems.

Maybe, but they've expanded the studio too much for none of these non-Sony ventures to be anything other than a success.

What?

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
You really wouldn't be interested in more Resistance after 3? Bar the terrible ending I thought that game was fantastic, they managed to channel some great atmosphere throughout the campaign. Say what you will about this (and they kind of deserve it) but Resistance 3 was a good game and they really did not tie the plot up at all.

Personally I've never been interested in Resistance at all, but that's besides the point. The fanbase reacted negatively to R2, causing lackluster interest in R3. Hell, even Insomniac flat out stated they wouldn't return to Resistance.

MormaPope

Banned
Fuse |OT| The fuse of the greatest bomba ever has been lit

Fuse |OT| Welcome to Fuse mountain

Fuse |OT| Innovation not required

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Not showing the faces of the characters?

That little faith in their personalities and character design?

Box art is terrible but colour scheme could be cool for a cover.

Gadirok

Insomniac has reliably created two of the most iconic/successful franchises in Sony history (Spyro and Ratchet) and one mildly successful one (Resistance). They're also able to crank out games very quickly - at least one per year. I agree that Insomniac needs Sony more than Sony needs Insomniac, but I think Sony would be more than happy to get them back to making exclusives for their systems.

What?

Right now, all I can think of that will redeem Insomniac is a successful new ip hig hitter on the PS4 or a ratchet and clank game on the vita (which will probably be outsourced to a smaller studio).

I have no idea what Insomniac is doing, because FFA seems like a smaller sized title and from the looks of it and reviews its going to be decent but not amazing.

And Overstrike/Fuse seems to be a fumble, but I haven't played it yet. If its anything like resistance 3 then there is hope, but I dont think its going to be a home runner for them.

Yeah, things looking kinda bleakish.

Top Bottom