• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fuse Box Art revealed

Yea, I mean, what everyone said already really. I love Insomniac, just got finished replaying Resistance 3 and ACIT over the last few weeks. Not only do I think they're brilliant, I think they deserve the prestige a game tends to get when it's an exclusive.

But this...huh. I mean, I like the idea of taking the R2 co-op mode mechanics further, but March? So many games already, I just don't see how this is going to be a hit for them with that release. Honestly, with it being their first game on a MS platform, they should have kept this for a launch title next year. New IP, the one period where buyers are desperate for games and new ideas to blow them away on their new hardware and so on, this would have been a great fit and likely would have gave it the kick to spin into a franchise. Here and now, I just don't know.

I'd definitely play, but I'm not sure when.

Well, they changed everything (except the orange)...

fg25o.jpg

demidar

...you can't be serious. I guess this was the best they could do with characters that have no personality? I just... what?

Headless torsos have been popular cover motives for books (and to a far lesser extent for videogames) for a number of years now. I can't say I'm a fan of those covers. Generic as hell.

2927466675_ee0e7a6c97.jpg

I know but its just that there is plenty of room on the Fuse box art for the entire body.

That tomb raider box art has this zoomed in thing going so it cuts off the top and bottom of the character model. It just fits better on the box and looks more pleasing to the eye.

Maybe they should zoom in a little or move the artwork around if they want to use that artwork as the fuse cover because it just doesn't look right as it is.

JudgeN

Hurts seeing it. Guaranteed bomba. Poor Insomniac.

Let be honest with ourselves, even if it had the old artstyle I have a feeling the game would have bombed anyway. Insomniac games seems to only sell moderately well and that was with Sony advertisement. Now that they are with EA there SOL from the start IMO.

I want to find that the focus groups who were responsible for this and stick their nose in it.

Lower the image
Get rid of the Battlefield 3 Sparkle effect
Do something referential with the cover
Add a logo
Show some powers
Maybe a villain
Juxtapose

Ridley327

So, does the plot of this game revolve around the mercenary tactics that the competitors in the deadly but lucrative orange juice business or something? Because goddamn, that is a lot of orange.

Seriously if you're going to just have generic bodies standing there can you at least have them in art and not what looks like game assets copy and pasted on? Resistance 3's box art was so great.

B.O.O.M

Given how generic this actually looks

it will

'puts on the shades'

conFuse the buyers

'yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah"

Top Bottom