• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fuse Box Art revealed

TaroYamada

box_FUSEx360PFTeqCAN_front.jpg

I like the artistic direction here, and that NTSC mouth? Some good commentary on the standards of today's gaming industry.

Edit Zoukka beat me :(

Carl

I'm sure that will really stand out on the shelf.

People will be too busy buying God of War, Tomb Raider, Army of Two, and whatever else comes out next March

inky

seems really strange from a marketing perspective to hide their faces

It makes perfect sense. They don't want to emphasize this is a character-driven action game, they want to make it look like it is a generic, action-driven military shooter. You know, the ones executives and focus groups like.

This will bomb hard, and frankly I will have no sympathy for Insomniac when it does. They are forever destined to be a B tier developer when they pull crap like this. Hope this gets to be their wake up call at least.

Berordn

I'm not going to pretend that using the old Overstrike art alone would've sold millions. But with this boxart I can't say I expect this to budge in a post-CoD world.

Theman2k

It makes perfect sense. They don't want to emphasize this is a character-driven action game, they want to make it look like it is a generic, action-driven military shooter. You know, the ones executives and focus groups like.

This will bomb hard, and frankly I will have no sympathy for Insomniac when it does. They are forever destined to be a B tier developer when they pull crap like this. Hope this gets to be their wake up call at least.

Their wake up call was supposed to be Resistance 2, wasn't it ?

NHale

Definitely a change for the better...

osx360pftfront-212x300.jpg

I still have hope EA or Insomniac will come to their senses and realize they are launching a game to fail.

Carl

Why does the top cut off there faces while the entire bottom fifth is just blank orange space?

Who approved this?

Their faces aren't important. The shoot shoot bang bang is important.

I'm surprised the box isn't just a picture of the woman's tits.

Probably, but they are a multi-platform developer now, with much more to lose from this going wrong. And it will go wrong.

This is the thing that's bugging me. Everyone can see that this will go wrong. I bet they can see it too. At least they have to realize that there is a very high chance it will. Why not just cancel it?

Too far in to stop?

ymmv

Banned
Why does the top cut off there faces while the entire bottom fifth is just blank orange space?

Who approved this?

Headless torsos have been popular cover motives for books (and to a far lesser extent for videogames) for a number of years now. The idea is that consumers want to visualize the protagonists themselves (especially important for romance novels, but its true of 1st person shooters too). When there's a clearly visible protagonist on the cover they might be turned off by their looks, so it's safer not to picture them at all. I can't say I'm a fan of those covers. Generic as hell.

2927466675_ee0e7a6c97.jpg

This is the thing that's bugging me. Everyone can see that this will go wrong. I bet they can see it too. At least they have to realize that there is a very high chance it will. Why not just cancel it?

Too far in to stop?

Even if they do know it'll bomb, they might as well make some money out of it.

It kind of looks like the woman on the far left is brushing her hair with her gun. Not something I'd recommend even if you have the safety on.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
That's easily the worst boxart of any Insomniac game. Everything about Fuse is just so damn generic. I predict >50,000 units PS3-360 combined in its first month.

So is EA Partners just a covert EA Program to sign independent studios to EA and have the games turn into super generic shooters with little marketing support so they can bomb and not take any market share away from EA's actual games?

Carbonox

Too far in to stop?

100% we will get some "WE PUT OUR HEART AND SOUL AND ERRRRRRRYTHING IN TO THIS GAME TO MAKE THE BEST PRODUCT POSSIBLE - WE ARE SO PROUD OF OUR PRODUCT AND OF EVERYONE" bullshit from someone in the company. Laughable. Developers have forever played poker face when it comes to their products looking like crap.

Top Bottom