• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[G.A.M.E. 3.0] WipEout Edition: A custom soundtrack for WipEout:HD made by GAFers!

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Ok, I've finished listening to the whole compilation. Beyond awesome, all of you. Very, very nice work.

I think my favorite overall track is "Reversing Gravity" by the Bit-Mip Syndicate, the bass was rocking my Denon D2000's. I also loved both of SupraDarky's tracks very much, and the "SineWaves" track since I love trance so much.

Fantastic work, everyone!

Man I really like your track Nash, the melody gets pretty awesome. And thanks Diseased Yak!

Awesome job everyone, launch successful! Let's hit the champagne. :p

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Why is this not stickied? You guys fucking rock city blocks, I'm blown away at how well this turned out!

yurinka

Awesome work dudes! congratulations! I'm back from playing the game. It's awesome too! Going to spread this a bit right now... ;)

Stike

SO AWESOME!
Can´t wait to check it out, yet the download is taking some time (and boy, Wipeout sure takes ages to D/L as well)

I think I will help you folks redistributing it by putting it on my own (fast!) server! :)
Link will follow...

btkadams

Stike said:
SO AWESOME!
Can´t wait to check it out, yet the download is taking some time (and boy, Wipeout sure takes ages to D/L as well)

I think I will help you folks redistributing it by putting it on my own (fast!) server! :)
Link will follow...
aww thanks :)

BigFwoosh

Damn, m0dus... you are well deserving of your tag. Awesome job with the site.

Oh, and I will surely comment on your track. It's one of my favorites thus far. The voiceover was a fantastic choice.

KTallguy

Banned
I just started listening, it's amazing. And perfectly suited to Wipeout too, which is awesome!

Oh and awesome art m0dus!!

btkadams

m0dus said:
and FFS, would someone listen to MY song? :p I wanna be sure I'm not bringing the suck every time I contribute something.
seriously. :p
lol i was about to post the same. i think we gotta wait a day though so more people will have listened to the whole thing and can comment. i would love some comments on mine as well. ill have some formal impressions for you later today modus but im in school right now so i can't go into much detail quite yet. but love the voiceover :)

FightyF

Banned
m0dus said:
Okay people. the official unofficial GAME website is currently sorta live, so that you may download these files without having to deal with megaupload or zshare or whatever.

as always, additional mirrors are welcome from those of you who have space to contribute. Again, this is temporary until our planned permanent solution is unveiled:

aaaauuauaua

uauau

Sorry my jaw just dropped and pronouncing consonants were impossible. :p

Slick! I hope too your bandwidth isn't destroyed, looks like 780 downloads from that zshare link! That's over 100 Gigs in bandwidth already.

bishoptl said:
Why is this not stickied? You guys fucking rock city blocks, I'm blown away at how well this turned out!

Thanks! Very much appreciated!

Thanks for the kind words all around.

Can anyone comment on zshare...I know it's faster than that first site I used, but was it alright?

Actually, I'd like comments on using it on your PS3. Is my little guide sufficient? Does it copy with no issues? Does it work well with the game? I soo need this game. :(

Thanks Stike! OP updated.

Already copied this to my PS3. Wipeout is installing finally. Cannot wait. Thanks to the artists who contributed. Awesome work.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
UBERGREAT - whoop de doop is killer! will put g.a.m.e.3 in wp as playlist!
thx for all the work!

edit. fuck phantom is great! im like totaly blown away by this sounds right now...

edit2:
after hearing the greatness an idea came to me:
if there is one of you who has a little time on his hand and is kind to do me a favor i would name my unborn after you ;)
- i need a ~ 40sec sequence of techno/house like ambient sounds (drummer is doing the beat thing) witch i could use in my band (we work with laptop backingtracks- but i have no fucking idea how to create these sounds ... (only a guitarplayer) , so please pm me! 120bpm

yurinka

m0dus said:
Okay, big surprise in my inbox today:

From a secret friend 'on the inside' - Chris Roberts, Graphics Engine Lead, WOHD.
He wanted to say that he has been following the G.A.M.E 3.0 thread for a while and was really impressed by what we have achieved.

He's provided some screenies of a modified ICARUS craft--can you spot the subtle use of assets? HMMM??

please repeat with me: hooooolllyy sh!@#@#!!@#!@@#$@$@#t.
O_O hooooolllyy sh!@#@#!!@#!@@#$@$@#t !!!

Of course m0dus, you can be proud of your work. Not only with the logo. All the art you post in Gaf is really great.

BTW I finally listened all the final songs. All are awesome! They fit perfectly in the game.

Baha

I've been playing WipEout HD while listening to your tunes, props to those involved in this custom soundtrack.

btkadams

oh my goooddddd MODUS!!!! those pics!!!! thats awesome!!! if only they could have our ship as a downloadable lol. how friggin dope would that be.

btkadams

Hazaro said:
Awesome awesome.

This would probably get a lot more posts if it wasn't stickied.
ya after it got stickied i had no idea where it was and went to my subscriptions to go to it lol.

Fusebox

Banned
Holy crap!! Is that gonna be in the game or is that just a sweet one-ff screenshot as a pressy for us guys? Either way that's insane!! :D

Stillmatic

Great work everyone! I'm loving it. :D

It's a pity the music cuts off at the end of each race, and doesn't continue throughout the menus and restarts. Better than nothing though. ^_^

No_Style

Sorry about the lateness of this. I had some trouble uploading it, but you can find an alternative download link here. Let me know if there's any problems with it!

Seriously, you guys outdid yourselves. I love this album! :D

Any chance of a wallpaper version of the artwork, Modus? My background is stuck with G.A.M.E. 2.0's!

Animal

Banned
I just finished my first listen and and I am absolutely blown away by what you have all created. I am especially surprised by how well all the tracks feel with respect to each other. Some very crystal clear mastering on a couple of tracks.

You guys have really outdone yourselves this time around. Great job again.

And a post was made on ps3fanboy.com about your baby!

EDIT: I think alot of people would appreciate a mixed version of this release since the tracks fit together so well.

h3ro

Zone with Heimdall by Jeff Nash... :O

This is an amazing soundtrack. Thank you guys, it's increased my enjoyment of a stellar game just that much more. Props.

I just gave it a test run with the game, and unsurprisingly it was rad as hell.

I'm always impressed, and inspired by everyone's creativity. Well done to all involved.

Freaking awesome m0dus, the first one's my new wallpaper!

Edit: Thanks for the good comments so far everyone! I'm also glad to see some people enjoy both my songs!
My personal favorite so far is Nash's Heimdall. I just love the repeated melody line at 2:05, it has a dark touch that connects with my style.

Top Bottom