• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[G.A.M.E. 3.0] WipEout Edition: A custom soundtrack for WipEout:HD made by GAFers!

pirahna1

I'm loving this album. Every song is amazing and fits perfectly into the Wipeout universe. You all did a fantastic job.

I don't have Wipeout HD yet so I've been testing my songs out in Audiosurf and decided to give GAME3.0 a go in it - it's amazing! You guys have to try it out, and try to beat my top scores :)

QuestViewer2008-10-0204-37-51-93.png

btkadams

pirahna1 said:
I'm loving this album. Every song is amazing and fits perfectly into the Wipeout universe. You all did a fantastic job.

I don't have Wipeout HD yet so I've been testing my songs out in Audiosurf and decided to give GAME3.0 a go in it - it's amazing! You guys have to try it out, and try to beat my top scores :)

QuestViewer2008-10-0204-37-51-93.png
is there a mac version of that game? i wanna bootcamp windows just so i can play that but i dont know if its worth the hassle. plus i dont wanna risk getting viruses on my mac.

btkadams

m0dus said:

Then don't surf Warez or p0rn sites, and you should be safe. :)
:D ill just have to do that on leopard rather than vista. but seriously is that game only for windows? its only on steam too right?

Nabs

It's PC only & Steam only. Check their forums to see if others have gotten it to work on other platforms.

Will listen to this today. The first one was really well done.

SOLDIER

Very nice job. Sort of off topic, but I don't suppose anyone knows of similar groups or websites that put out a music pack for other games as well? Basically I've been looking for suggestions on what songs to put for games that have the custom soundtrack feature. The only site I've been able to find that puts suggestions is 360Arcadians, which has a lengthy list for Gears of War and Dead Rising.

pirahna1

SOLDIER said:
Very nice job. Sort of off topic, but I don't suppose anyone knows of similar groups or websites that put out a music pack for other games as well? Basically I've been looking for suggestions on what songs to put for games that have the custom soundtrack feature. The only site I've been able to find that puts suggestions is 360Arcadians, which has a lengthy list for Gears of War and Dead Rising.

Yes, the OverClocked Remix crew. They actually were commissioned to make the soundtrack to Street Fighter II HD Remix. Article and link to their site here: http://arstechnica.com/articles/culture/ocremix.ars

FightyF

Banned
Stike said:
Did nobody see my update, or is my bandwidth no longer needed? :)

No sorry didn't see your update, updating now.

In other news, I've worked a bit on a remix of Fight for Freeform from G.A.M.E. 1 and wow it's sounding nice. Sorta makes me want to go and do remixes of my older Freeform tracks and give them the Wipeout treatment. I have a freeform track called "Our Music" (can hear it at my MySpace), I think it goes good with WO but needs to be re-arranged so it gets into high gear sooner. Think I'm gonna do that one too.

NaviLink

I've just finished listening to the whole album : impressive work overall !
The tracks are really great, and it suits the game very well I think.
Great job, really. Most of these tunes could be on a commercial album.

Wow I just love it. Been listening a lot recently.
Just to know, is there any way to find the first two threads or the cover arts ? Thanks a lot !
EDIT : maybe you should even include links of the previous G.A.M.E. for the next one :p

BigFwoosh

I'm still listening to this thing all the time (it's still in my car's CD player). I have to say I love both of your tracks, SDZeta, especially Trippin'. I keep going back to that one, and it gets better every time. Everything else is stellar too. I can't wait to see what people come up with for G.A.M.E. 4.

Diablos

G.A.M.E. 3.0 is the best Wipeout soundtrack to date, I'm not even coming close to exaggerating. It's even better than XL's. Amazing. All who contributed have much to be proud of. Sony should pay you guys and then have this available as DLC :p

btkadams

Diablos said:
G.A.M.E. 3.0 is the best Wipeout soundtrack to date, I'm not even coming close to exaggerating. It's even better than XL's. Amazing. All who contributed have much to be proud of. Sony should pay you guys and then have this available as DLC :p
:D
i wouldn't need to be paid, but it would be so insanely cool if it was free DLC on the store. how awesome would that be?

Angst

Just wanted to chime in and say good work to everyone involved in making the custom soundtrack! Looking forward to Game 4.0.

phalestine

aka iby.h
FightyF said:
No sorry didn't see your update, updating now.

In other news, I've worked a bit on a remix of Fight for Freeform from G.A.M.E. 1 and wow it's sounding nice. Sorta makes me want to go and do remixes of my older Freeform tracks and give them the Wipeout treatment. I have a freeform track called "Our Music" (can hear it at my MySpace), I think it goes good with WO but needs to be re-arranged so it gets into high gear sooner. Think I'm gonna do that one too.

Badass, Fight for freedom was definitely my favorite song in G.A.M.E, I listen to it every I drive to work, such a great song. and G.A.M.E 3.0 is fantastic, SupraDarky, can I like do your laundry or something? your 2 submissions are my favorite 2 in the whole album. Great job everyone :)

Thanks BigFwoosh and iby.h! I'm glad you guys like Trippin' and Woop Dee Doop. :p

I still listen to this compilation (and hell, even 1 and 2). Right now my favorites are F.T.W_, Heimdall, Listen and WYPT!

phalestine

aka iby.h
SDZeta said:
Thanks BigFwoosh and iby.h! I'm glad you guys like Trippin' and Woop Dee Doop. :p

I still listen to this compilation (and hell, even 1 and 2). Right now my favorites are F.T.W_, Heimdall, Listen and WYPT!

dude, I googled your name to try to find a site, found the newgrounds one. and my god your work is fucking amazing.

Haha so you discovered it. :p Yeah that's where I upload most of the stuff I make since I don't really know any other place to get feedback (there's also youtube). Mostly video game remixes and covers there! Thanks for the good words again man.

panda21

oh shit! i thought this thread was just people suggesting tracks that would work well with it and ignored it

pon the DL!

DL'ed this last night, don't have a PS3 or Wipeout HD but listened to it while sorting my room out. Excellent stuff, great work everyone, can't wait to get a PS3 and try it ingame.

thanks guys for your hardwork, as you said in the topic, i also started to enjoy fine electronic music after playing the first wipeout

download started, thanks again :)

Sorry to bump such an old thread, but I must say how awesome this album is!

Great work, everyone.:D Hope to join in on some more future collaborations

Punisher

Neo Member
Sorry for bump, just downloaded the album again since I'm replaying WipeOut HD on a newly bought PS3.

It's so much better with this album :)

Tokubetsu

Zombie thread bump but none of the DL links are working and I just got my ps3/wipeout recently. Are there any active mirrors anywhere? Google-fu failed me as well.

Sillverrr

lol, good timing buddy. I was just thinking about playing Wipeout on PS3 (suddenly in the mood after not playing Wipeout since PS1 days). Follow the link from here ("Available at..."), this website hosts the download so it's not broken like the ones in the original post.

http://vgmdb.net/album/12540

I was thinking about all the G.A.M.E projects we worked on, anyone else misses it? I'd be up for another one, it's been way too long! And it's a great way to get inspired for new compositions.

I am up for consuming whatever you guys come up with. But perhaps it's time to relaunch the whole project into something new, it's the perfect chance to do so.

G.A.M.E. has been my absolutely favorite creative gaf project by far.

Miutsu

So recently I remembered how much I enjoyed playing WipEout HD while listening to this album, so I wanted to give it another listen while at work but at my surprise the download links at the OP are dead, and so are the ones posted on this page.

I tried googling the album but I also end with dead links, is there anybody here that has a link that isn't dead or would be able to upload the album again?

I think I downloaded the album when I didn't have posting rights yet, but I can say now that say it's awesome and some of the songs are still carved into my head :)

Top Bottom