• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[G.A.M.E. 3.0] WipEout Edition: A custom soundtrack for WipEout:HD made by GAFers!

Teknoman

Adding this to my current playlist for Wipeout HD that contains stuff from Rez, Nights, UT2k3,Streets of Rage 2 remix album, RR7, and F-Zero X/GX/Brawl remixes.

Zone is going to be insane.

nofi

I'm biased (and hate my track now anyway) but GAME 3.0 is so much better than the supplied WHD soundtrack it's not even funny. Seriously, SCEE should be contacting Fighty, Mr Nash and M0dus and getting this thing as a properly packaged download within the game.

Awesome job, everyone.

edit: wow at the custom GAME livery...

finally got a chance to play while listening to the album...everything just meshes so well :D

too bad some of the races are a bit short, wonder if we should release a 2 min version of all our tracks just for racing...

btkadams

monchi-kun said:
finally got a chance to play while listening to the album...everything just meshes so well :D

too bad some of the races are a bit short, wonder if we should release a 2 min version of all our tracks just for racing...
i could definitely do that. my track was originally 2 1/2 mins long man lol, i submitted my extended mix cuz fighty said we needed 4 minutes lol.

Fusebox

Banned
Animal said:

I had to lol at this comment ..

"John said...

Except for Sinewaves and Trippin these are lamentably forgetable, repetitive, and amateur. Trippin invoked the first Wipeout and Sinewaves is the only other piece with soul."

Escape Velocity, Lets Go and FaltEr were the stand-outs for me and the other tunes (except for mine) certainly aren't any of the things this guy is saying.

btkadams

Fusebox said:

"John said...

Except for Sinewaves and Trippin these are lamentably forgetable, repetitive, and amateur. Trippin invoked the first Wipeout and Sinewaves is the only other piece with soul."

Escape Velocity, Lets Go and FaltEr were the stand-outs for me and the other tunes (except for mine) certainly aren't any of the things this guy is saying.
ouch, maybe we are garbage. i mean... all the people in this thread that said good job said that in the same sentence they said "ima download it now" so its not like they said good job after heearing it all... well some people did but still. MAYBE GAME 3.0 SHOULD BE THE END OF ALL!!!! speak out fans and bring our self-esteem up to an acceptable level. i had a horrible night and this is not a great way to end it haha.

Daante

Gonna download all the songs today when i come home from Work!, also really really cool that Studio Liverpool have seen this and taken some actions..!!
Well deserved m0dus!!

Xzior

btkadams said:
[waits for any comments whatsoever on his track]

hey btw, how many dls we at?
Here's one...

Your track seemed familiar to me, so I searched on YouTube and found this Hired Guns Intro Music.

Maybe it's just me, but they are similar... but since I like the Hired Guns song I like yours too...

FightyF

Banned
monchi-kun said:

You could do that, but I think they're perfect. They last a whole race, and secondly in Zone mode you get rewarded by hearing so much more of it.

Anyways, I think we should discuss these sorts of things in the planning thread so as not to clutter this thread up.

john's comment at ps3fanboy said:
lamentably forgetable, repetitive, and amateur

That describes my track to a T hehe. That's what I get for being lazy.

And of course a Positronic Brain would lack "soul". It's a given.

nofi

m0dus said:
So I have to ask, people's thoughts about 'sinewaves?'

Love it. Stands out a mile.

I'm definitely doing a shorter, more punchy version of mine very soon, probably at the weekend. It's far, far too long at 4 minutes.

yurinka

m0dus said:
To listen it = huge erection.

In the game fits well even in the shorter races. The problem is with other songs with longer intros.

No_Style

m0dus said:
I hate to say it, man, but skimming that site is like reading a gamefaqs thread in news-article form . . . ;)

It's true. However, it's still a decent tool for promotional activities. Here's the article anyways. :D

Still haven't listened to the entire album.. Will definitely do that today.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
my first impressions havent changed - phantom / woo dee woop /sinewaves/listen are the ones i like the most so far -

i erased 4 tracks because they took to long to get started... its not that cool hearing a intro for a whole lap! (for a game! it works on the stereo!)

and i get heardattacks when doing zone with -reverse gravity- !

WYPT should have a shorter intro (its great when you listen it on the stereo - but as a game soundtrack (arcade like racer) the "intro" is to long - 1:14min until it really starts is well.... its just to good to be erased !

are you guys going to update the songs?

pixelated

I can try to make a racing edit of Reversing Gravity as well. I also want to start a bonus track soon.

Thanks guys. This is a giant success.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
m0dus said:

I posted about it back on the first page, but I'll reiterate my love, and say that SineWaves + a long ass Zone run = mega awesome. Bravo, sir... bravo. I've always loved the use of old radio broadcasts in tracks, and you integrated it perfectly.

Every single track is excellent, guys. Really, really great job.

Huggers

^ I came here to post about Sinewaves

It's completly awesome, the break at around the 1:42 mark is incredible.

Just listening to the rest of the album now

BigFwoosh

Fusebox said:

"John said...

Thanks for the good words! I definitely think I need to work on my mastering a bit (all the other songs are so clear sounding! How do you do that?!), but I'm glad people are enjoying my song, as well as all the other ones. We all put a lot of work into this, and it's great to hear that so many people are enjoying the finished product.

sankt-Antonio said:
WYPT should have a shorter intro (its great when you listen it on the stereo - but as a game soundtrack (arcade like racer) the "intro" is to long - 1:14min until it really starts is well.... its just to good to be erased !

...stay tuned for the shortened version!!! we'll get chatting about this in the other thread

No_Style

I'm listening to G.A.M.E. 3.0 (sans WipEout HD) for the second time now and this album is definitely the best of the trio thus far. The direction of the composition as whole is in line with what I enjoy most about electronica: it takes you for a ride.

There's a definite sense of a journey and progress to the mixes where I could shut my eyes and envision the beats flowing through a Zone level. I absolutely adore the pace! Whereas previous G.A.M.E albums dwelled on a singular feeling or emotion (definitely 2.0), 3.0 takes me from track to track in such a crazy journey of digitized awesome.

Thanks again! :D

P.S - I honestly can't pick out just a handful of tracks to highlight. I could do so for the previous, but this album just has a lot of great tracks in it.

Holy shit! you rox M0dus!

First off, everybody who participated ; you have my respect.
Second, there's too many tracks i like to simply pick a favorite.

Peace out!

FightyF

Banned
sankt-Antonio said:
are you guys going to update the songs?

Yeah we plan to release bonus tracks, and some of these can be re-workings or remixes of current tracks released here.

I'm planning to do a remix of my G.A.M.E. 1 track, "Fight for Freeform".

On a somewhat related note, is my track hard to hear in the game? I've found it hard to hear mine unless I crank the music volume up in the sound options. I may have to rework that. All that comes through are the hi-hats really. :p

So is it too late to get down on this? If it's not finished yet, I'd like to make something up real quick to add in the bonus tracks. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Fusebox said:

"John said...

And why should we give a damn about his opinion?
I like the music i make, wich is good enough for me personaly.
Afterall, i've bought all this gear to have a good time and enjoy myself, make beats i enjoy listening to. If anyone else likes my work/music i just consider it a bonus.
Not that i don't care for others opinion, but it isn't realy gonna influence my way of making music i'm afraid.
The one thing i love about working with these guys here is the level of diversity. I learn a lot from this and try to incorporate some their techniques in to my own work.
Defenitly gonna have to do a bonustrack now though...... :D

And then, on to number 4!

Awesome work again NeoGAF. A couple listens in, and 3.0 has secured a spot in my heart.

No joke: the three G.A.M.E. compilations are among my most listened to electronic music. I look forward to the bonus content coming soon.

Though I doubt I'll get wipeout, I look forward to spending some time Audiosurfing to it

vpance

I've been on a bit of a goa kick lately so Positronic Brain catches my attention at the moment. There's some cool sounds and fx going on in there that I can catch in my headphones. I always admire the small intricate stuff that happens in goa tunes.

Crayon

Very generous for those two gaffer to host the file. Thank you both.

I'm downloading now and will be playing with Wipeout HD!

Raistlin

Just started listening to the soundtrack while playing zone ... me likey!!!

Great job all! Time to go to campaign mode with G.A.M.E. 3.0 cranked!

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I can host this on my amazon web services for awhile, send me a PM if needed.

Thanks everybody!

Truespeed

I also want to thank everyone that worked on this epic production. Great work by all.

As for my favorite - it would have to be SineWaves by m0dus. The melody is hypnotic, catchy and trippy all at the same time. Great work. This is an iTunes caliber track.

m0dus - any chance of a remix version without the vocals?

nofi

I hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes here, but I've taken my 'entry' back and reworked it from the ground up. It's now slower, shorter, and far, far better to race too (having now spent time with WipEout HD).

I'd appreciate the feedback: http://www.zshare.net/audio/19508461861abf5a/ / faltEr (GAF remix)

You can stream it from there if you can't be arsed downloading it. If you do, I'd replace the one in the G.A.M.E. folder with it.

Cheers.

Stike

nofi, thanks for the "update" :D I will definitely check it out.

By the way, CONGRATS, you made it to nuke my 100 GB bandwidth since I started hosting the file a few days ago! :lol

But dont be afraid, the file will be available again already on 10/01/08.
Some risk that I had calculated. No problem at all.

Top Bottom