• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

G.A.M.E 5.0 Planning Thread - Summer G.A.M.E.s

Status
Not open for further replies.

lil smoke

Banned
monchi-kun said:
artist/track-list will be posted by Lil smoke...all contributors verify track names once the post goes up so we can release this bitch :D
You all are making it hard to enjoy my weekend here. :D Damn can I have one beer?

OK the next zshare is going to include all the final MP3 tracks "trackname(artist)" I dunno if this should be sent some other way. The tracks are not in any particular order...

ultim8p00

Banned
Holy shit guys. Great job. The tracks are amazing. Each is so unique.

EDIT: Blutonium your track is so awesome.

And modus, is that metroid in action flick?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
So is there anyway I can get in on the next one? I'm working out stuff in fruity loops right now, I also have a cubase suite that I got with my lexicon that I'm lousy at, but I'm getting used to VSTs in general.

After a first listen thru i have to say this sounds realy awesome!

Where the hell is my track tho?

Guess that didn't get thru aswell.... Major problems with my studio PC, wich is now being stripped and refurbished.

Anyway, if anyone still wants a mp3 of it here's the link.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/63172126e3d06eaa/

Terribly sorry for the incovenience guys. Hope to be better prepared for the next album.

sounding pretty good, can we get everyone to sign off on their tracks by monday? i can put the final package together with m0dus' final art and we can create the thread to release this sucker by mid-week (allowing smoke to enjoy a few beers and as a thank you for taking over while I was out)

which mod do we normally go through to get a sticky up?

as for the tracks and artist names:

Gestalt Theory - Ultim8p00
July Evening Lake Biwa Shore - LiveFromKyoto
Lost in the Rain - LiveFromKyoto
Mood Swings - Ultim8p00
NDSTRL-156 - XenoGenome
Not Another Action Flick - Maher Al-Samkari (m0dus)
Rhodes - Ultim8p00
Space Diamonds - Ultim8p00
Speed Dreaming - XenoGenome
Solstice Final - Chasteleth
Interlude - Broseybrose
Strollin' - SupraDarky
Enter - Broseybrose
Electronic City - Supradarky
my deal remix - whiterabbit
BeeLine - piranha1

check titles and artist names...not sure if you guys used a specific one for the previous GAME albums

Are we going to post the release on the OT or Gaming forums this time? Also, we really need a good catchy thread title, something that will make people want to click on it.

Everything sounds good, gonna give it some more listens!

ultim8p00

Banned
Blutonium said:
Thanks man! Which one? :p

I'm gonna check out the album right now, this should be good.

NDSTRL

Also Albino's track needs to be in this thing if possible.

And my tracks and handle are correct

lil smoke

Banned
pirahna1 said:
Everything sounds and looks great. Let's release this sucker!
Apparently your "Beeline" track is somewhat of a hit on Soundclick!
# 217 in Games Soundtrack (highest position was 111). Total songs: 6,360

Just chuck Albino's MP3 in, unless he wants to send a wav and I'll make sure it doesn't go over 0db and is level with the others.

Lets make the 6th version something special where everyone is involved and it doesn't take so long!

whoops...forgot to add mine in the track list m0dus

SMRHMR (v5) - monchi-kun
ASGSYS - monchi-kun

also

-piranha1's name on the front is missing a "P"
-change Chasteleth's track name from Solstice Final to simply Solstice
-ultim8p00's name appears twice on the front
-add Albino Samurai to the front and back with his track "Fridgenstein"

i'll make sure his track is leveled with the rest of ours. once "final" final art is posted i'll clobber together the final package with the track order as indicated on the back cover.

Big ups to all you guys for making this come together. I wish I could be more involved but well...it's almost midnight and I'm still at the office, and I have to be up and out of the house before 8am tomorrow for a 17 hour day. With two more after that. I haven't had a real day off since April.

My life sucks.

m0dus

Banned
30kfzav.png

4zuxoj.png

aight, we're ready to rock this...if we have no more final comments on artist/track names i'll put the package together...next up is the launch thread

Broseybrose

Listening right now and want to congratulate everyone on a job well done.

SMRHMR is still my favorite. :D glad its the final track.

Alright, just going to keep the launch thread simple with a repost of the tracklist, m0dus' artwork plus something extra.

i have 2 beta keys for propellerhead's new RECORD software. I'm thinking of posting it on the thread and giving it away to a random gaffer that replies in the launch thread during the first week of release

last bump before the launch thread....a couple of Qs for the contributors

1) which forum to release?

I'm more inclined to get this stickied in the OT, i think that we tend to get more "hits" in this section of GAF anyways.

2) additional hosting/promotion?

m0dus has the site for the previous GAME releases so hopefully he'll be kind enough to host again but to keep the strain off his server maybe we can get a few folks to host or recommend hosting sites. also, we could use a few "promo" posts or some help from peeps with blogs to help get the word out.

3) artist participation

we get this alot, people who post about wanting to make music but don't know where to start. i'm wondering if each contributor could take some time to craft a reply in the thread and talk about how you go about making tunes. where you start, what software/plug-ins you use (preferably posting links to them so people who are interested can be directed to them). we can take this as far as a visual tutorial with snapshots of our work environment or a full on youtube tutorial on how we made our stuff

thoughts?

I'm about to head to bed, but I just want to say for 1) that it's really hard to say. This album really has nothing to do with gaming, but we did release our last 4 albums there. So if we released it on OT, will some of the past G.A.M.E. followers who never check the OT side miss out? That's the biggest question. Also, there haven't been too many stickies lately on the gaming side so it would probably get noticed. We just really need a catchy/funny title that will make people want to click.

Both sides would have their advantages.

Oh and I'm all for you idea 3) if it can help other people!

Blutonium

monchi-kun said:

3) artist participation

1. We might get more hits in the gaming section, but I think it fits OT better.

2. I recommend Megaupload.com. If you register you can upload a file of 1024mb and it will get deleted 90 days after the last download; just be sure to register a free account for that 90 days rule.

3. I'm a newbie myself so I would appreciate this :lol

Broseybrose

monchi-kun said:

3) artist participation

1. OT, agreed.
2. ill spread the word as much as i can.
3. my process is very simple as im using only the KORG DS-10 to compose and i run that straight into Audacity to record.

i come from a musical background; first and foremost i am a drummer, and i also taught myself guitar, bass, theory, and production (to a degree). a few years back i was writing, recording, and producing entire albums (vocals, multiple guitar tracks, bass and drums) here in my little studio on my computer. so the DS-10 is half-toy half-instrument for me. i think thats why i enjoy it so much.

since im not in a band at the moment, the DS-10 is how i keep creative. either ill hear a song in my head and start building it on the DS-10, or other times ill just pick it up and see what comes out. when you really experiment with the DS-10 you can get some truly unique sounds out of it.

the G.A.M.E. projects are great because you get a theme to stick to, which keeps you disciplined... you get to meet and be a part of something great with the talented musicians on GAF. thats the best part for me :D

1. I'm all for giving the grown-up forum...er, OT a shot. If everybody ignores us we can always get down on our knees and beg Evilore to post it in gaming.

2. I can put it up on my rapidshare.

3. Sounds like a plan.

pirahna1

My name's spelled wrong on the front and back cover. It should be pirahna1 - not piranha1.

I can start a thread over at IDM forums to promote this record. Should get a couple hits from there.

pirahna1 said:
My name's spelled wrong on the front and back cover. It should be pirahna1 - not piranha1.

I can start a thread over at IDM forums to promote this record. Should get a couple hits from there.
PM m0dus for a fix and I'll add it to the package. Launch thread going up tomorrow. I'll shoot a pm to those willing to host/mirror the files today. PM me your links by tonight.

m0dus

Banned
monchi-kun said:
PM m0dus for a fix and I'll add it to the package. Launch thread going up tomorrow. I'll shoot a pm to those willing to host/mirror the files today. PM me your links by tonight.

I will fix the spelling issue tonight. also, get me a copy of the release before you launch it, and I can host it on the official site.

just waiting on m0dus to resub his track...he was noticing some oddities with the mp3 contained in the final package (i've PM'd him about this already)

other than that we're good to go.

alright, m0dus' fixed track is in....FINALLY i can start the launch thread. if all goes well you guys should see the launch thread up by tomorrow afternoon PST.

Yeah its a bit late but nevermind, its a great project. Thanks to all that helped set it up, all contributors and to m0dus for some more great art. Looking forward to the next one. Anyone have any ideas for the theme already? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom