• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

G.A.M.E 5.0 Planning Thread - Summer G.A.M.E.s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broseybrose

ok cool. i definitely knew about the art... i used the fullsize version of your avatar as my desktop for a long time. props, man. and, of course, props to the originators of G.A.M.E. :D

lil smoke

Banned
Broseybrose said:
monchi, i would volunteer to help with the mastering while youre away but i dont have the hardware for it. However i would like to give arranging the order of the tracks a shot once theyre all in.

m0dus, was it you who came up with the idea of the G.A.M.E. project?
ooo I would love to do some mastering if assistance is needed.

lil smoke said:
ooo I would love to do some mastering if assistance is needed.

If that's the case, can I send you the links for my files? I've got two uploaded and I can try to finish off a 3rd that's 90% done if the comp is still looking thin.

m0dus said:
(And LiveFromKyoto, 4 months and you STILL didn't add me to the contributors list? srsly? ;0 )

Sorry man, I've been terrible with that lately. You're added.

Also, I seem to recall some requests regarding the artwork waaaaaay back?

Surfing Joe Musashi!

ultim8p00

Banned
LiveFromKyoto said:
If that's the case, can I send you the links for my files? I've got two uploaded and I can try to finish off a 3rd that's 90% done if the comp is still looking thin.

Sorry man, I've been terrible with that lately. You're added.

Surfing Joe Musashi!

I'm not added either and I contributed four tracks.

pirahna1

I thought we were looking for a July 4 release date?

:lol Same thing happened on GAME 4, deadline kept getting pushed further and further back. Any idea what timeframe we're looking at now? I want to start hyping this release as soon as possible, but I'll need an approximate date of release.

lil smoke

Banned
I have all day today and tomorrow. Just chillin at home for the 4th, and I have the place to myself. Can turn the volume up.

How am I going to get all these tracks?

i'll be uploading them as a zshare file for everyone to download. it will be a pretty big file as it will still have uncompressed versions of everyone's tracks

G.A.M.E. 5.0 _master_.zip - 435.77MB

we've got 8 tracks so far, all of em leveled. for anyone who's PM'd me and you see that your submission isn't in this list please get in touch with whoever is taking over. the tracks in the zip file have the artist names on em but i assume that the final master will simply have the titles.

sorry for bailing on the mastering for the rest of the tracks, i'll be knee-deep in work until the 21st

lil smoke

Banned
I'm gonna take a look at that zshare file.

Might as well extend this another week? 8 tracks aint gonna grab any attention!

Anyone can PM me if you have any tracks.

edit: wait a sec. If ultim8p00 has 4 tracks, monchi I'm sure has 1 or 2, Broseybrose has 1... who the hell else is in this :lol

pirahna1

None of the tracks in the zip work. I tried in Windows Media Player, Audacity, and Winamp, none of them will play the files.

Tracklist includes:
ASGSYS - monchi-kun, BeeLine - pirahna1, Electronic City - SupraDarky, Enter - Broseybrose, Interlude - Broseybrose, my deal (remix) - whiterabbit, SMRHMR (v5) - monchi-kun, Strollin' - SupraDarky

Any reason why these files might not work?

Broseybrose

ill finish a 3rd by sunday.

edit: smoke, does audacity or itunes play aifs? if not, i know id appreciate it if you can convert and upload. im dling monchi's upload now. also glad that youre taking an active role in the mastering in monchi's absence. always dug your style and you stepped up to the plate. :D props.

Broseybrose

pirahna1 said:
I use to be able to play .aif files... at least on XP. I guess Win7 doesn't come with a .aif codec? That's lame :(
ok, in that case i dont think ill need them converted. i got maaad codecs hehe.

pirahna1

Broseybrose said:
ok, in that case i dont think ill need them converted. i got maaad codecs hehe.

Ever since the K-Lite Codec Pack totally screwed up my Fallout 3 install (requiring an ENTIRE SYSTEM REFORMAT!!!) I don't mess with codecs. If it's not in the base Windows install, I don't go near it.

Maybe I'll install VLC player...

Broseybrose

try googling and installing "vista codec pack". educated guess says itll work just as well for win7. if it ends up fucking your shit up, system restore.

lil smoke

Banned
Broseybrose said:
for real.. im still dling monchi's.

and smoke, if my tracks need any extra boosting below 100hz, please do. my songs must have bottom :D
hahaa yours is fine. I was more worried about 'my deal (remix)'. That one came out distorted with little bass.

Broseybrose

lil smoke said:
hahaa yours is fine.
nice.

edit- yeah, after listening to it i dunno if 'my deal' is gonna be fixable. unless youre a miracle worker. :lol

also, how come you didnt contribute to this comp? your stuff on 4 was really choice!

lil smoke

Banned
Broseybrose said:
nice.

edit- yeah, after listening to it i dunno if 'my deal' is gonna be fixable. unless youre a miracle worker. :lol

also, how come you didnt contribute to this comp? your stuff on 4 was really choice!
I just wasn't that happy with what I came up with, but maybe I'll put something else in if the comp is looking too small.

I did a little EQ to 'my deal' but I want to speak to the artist first to see if it's ok. Also LFK PM'd me. He's gotta a couple of tracks Im going to check out now.

Monchi seems to be getting better with each release for sure. Damn Logic :D

pirahna1

Chasteleth said:
I don't have time to download the zip but is my submission in there? If not, who shall I re-send it to?

I posted what was in the zip a few replies up. I'll post it again.

ASGSYS - monchi-kun, BeeLine - pirahna1, Electronic City - SupraDarky, Enter - Broseybrose, Interlude - Broseybrose, my deal (remix) - whiterabbit, SMRHMR (v5) - monchi-kun, Strollin' - SupraDarky

If you're not on that list then you'll have to send your file to the new person in charge of mastering - whom I don't know. I think smoke?

We also have to make a cut-off. Get your stuff to the person in charge of mastering so we can get this released. We'll also have to grab the following:

Artist Name This may be different than your GAF handle
Song Name
GAF Handle: even if same as your Artist Name, just pop it in here
Style: can be a phrase/sentence length description, not too long please
Inspiration: make it around 50-60 words tops
Equipment: hardware and/or software used, monitors/headphones used, PC/Mac quick specs if you'd like
Website: so that interested GAFers can check out more of your music

and have it sent to the person in charge of making the back-cover. And we'll need a front-cover and a tracklist for the final comp. I'm willing to make a tracklisting, I love mixing up albums, should be fun. We have a cover planned out don't we? Something from m0dus?

lil smoke

Banned
pirahna1 said:
I posted what was in the zip a few replies up. I'll post it again.

If you're not on that list then you'll have to send your file to the new person in charge of mastering - whom I don't know. I think smoke?

We also have to make a cut-off. Get your stuff to the person in charge of mastering so we can get this released. We'll also have to grab the following:

and have it sent to the person in charge of making the back-cover. And we'll need a front-cover and a tracklist for the final comp. I'm willing to make a tracklisting, I love mixing up albums, should be fun. We have a cover planned out don't we? Something from m0dus?
That would be great if you would set the tracklist. think it's fair to give a few more days for some more tracks to come in. However, I do think these comps are set way too far apart! There should be one a month. That way people get into the flow of it, accustomed to submitting music to the public... everyone would just get better. Too much time to complete a song is dangerous.

I remember Chasteleth's track from Soundcloud. Right up my alley! PM me with a link.

If there's no cover, I can probably whip something up, but I prefer m0dus style :D . The way you guys had it all organized last time was sweet.

Broseybrose

lil smoke said:
I just wasn't that happy with what I came up with, but maybe I'll put something else in if the comp is looking too small.

I did a little EQ to 'my deal' but I want to speak to the artist first to see if it's ok. Also LFK PM'd me. He's gotta a couple of tracks Im going to check out now.

Monchi seems to be getting better with each release for sure. Damn Logic :D

yeah i was wondering where lfk's stuff was. good to hear he's got something up his sleeve.
and, no, monchi was not playing at all. after hearing SMRHMR, id say he's a damn pro.
and if im not mistaken, m0dus or lfk said somewhere earlier in the thread that theres some summer-themed cover art that is either being made or ready to go.

Thanks alot man, my ambition is to do music and sound design for games as a career someday.

I keep forgetting to check out your stuff (sorry) but I'll try and remember to tomorrow.

pirahna1

Yeah, I remember LFK asking m0dus to use his Shinobi art from here: http://i39.tinypic.com/5kegcp.jpg originally from this thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=348701

I like it, aside from the mecha. I'm a novice at photoshop, but if no one else wants to, I can whip up some sort of cover using that artwork. I'd rather m0dus does it, so as to not make his work seem the lesser (my shopping skills really arn't up to his artwork standards).

Give me the final tracklisting and I can make a tracklist and organize the album info as well. Are we doing an inlet / back cover that incorporates all the track/artist data like we did for GAME 1/2? That was hot, I think we should :D

pirahna1

Chasteleth said:
Thanks alot man, my ambition is to do music and sound design for games as a career someday.

I keep forgetting to check out your stuff (sorry) but I'll try and remember to tomorrow.

Chase, you got some good soundtrack/background movie/game music. I really dig it, hope everything works out for you.

lil smoke

Banned
pirahna1 said:
Are we doing an inlet / back cover that incorporates all the track/artist data like we did for GAME 1/2? That was hot, I think we should :D
Yeah that shit was pro. That should be a must for every release.

btkadams

sorry guys, i realize you probably already figured but i dont think i'm gonna be apart of the comp. i had songs nearly finished for so long but the masters are gone. i can rebuild them but i just havent had the time to do so.

i'm stoked to hear what you all have though! sorry to let you down. i;ll be on the next for sure.

lil smoke

Banned
alright, tracks are pretty much ready, except I'm waiting from LiveFromKyoto (are u there?) to send me his tracks.

I really like the creative variety within this set. No standard 4 on the floors here!

edit: k, I'll try to export and upload the tracks that I have so y'all can get a preview and let me know if I fucked your track up :D

Is this still the summer thing?

Wow, it's been in development for a while now.

I can't wait to hear what you guys come up with and maybe I'll be in the next one.

m0dus

Banned
pirahna1 said:
Yeah, I remember LFK asking m0dus to use his Shinobi art from here: http://i39.tinypic.com/5kegcp.jpg originally from this thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=348701

I like it, aside from the mecha. I'm a novice at photoshop, but if no one else wants to, I can whip up some sort of cover using that artwork. I'd rather m0dus does it, so as to not make his work seem the lesser (my shopping skills really arn't up to his artwork standards).

Give me the final tracklisting and I can make a tracklist and organize the album info as well. Are we doing an inlet / back cover that incorporates all the track/artist data like we did for GAME 1/2? That was hot, I think we should :D

guys, I can still get PMs, you know. :p

Someone needs to send me the final tracklist when the time comes, I'll create the inlet art.

also, I've got a song uploaded here somewhere . . .

ultim8p00

Banned
lil smoke said:
zshare Preview

Here are the 14 tracks that I have so far.

go here to hear the songs uploaded into my soundclick account so you don't have to DL the zshare.

Yeearghhh my tracks sound horrible without the effects. Why is it so sped up? It's not supposed to be like that.

Listening to mine from the stream; it sounds all messed up. Might be that thing where flash players can't play mp3s with a sample rate higher than 44.1khz though.

Greetings from Nagoya Japan :D

You guys might need to check your rendering settings on the files you sent to lil smoke.

I ran into this issue before on Soundtrack Pro when it recognized the files as ACID Loops. What this does is add some funky code to your music that allows it to be time-stretched based on the project tempo.

look at your save-as/rendering settings and make sure "export as a loop" or something similar is NOT checked/enabled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom