• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Ghostface impersonator has to be the most dedicated trolls of all time :lol

http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2011/01/08/dj-premiers-top-25-lps-of-2010/#comments

Preemo gave out his top 25 albums of last year which went

25. Ice Cube – I Am The West
24. Bun B – Trill OG
23. Celph Titled & Buckwild – Nineteen Ninety Now
22. KRS-One & True Master – Meta-Historical
21. Nottz – You Need This Music
20. Little Brother – LeftBack
19. Roc Marciano – Marcberg
18. Murs & 9th Wonder – Fornever
17. Eternia & MoSS – At Last
16. The Roots – How I Got Over
15. The Left – Gas Mask
14. Rah Digga – Classic
13. Gangrene – Gutter Water
12. Skyzoo & !llmind – Live from the Tape Deck
11. Drake – Thank Me Later
10. Fat Joe – The Darkside Vol. 1
09. Marco Polo & Ruste Juxx – The eXXecution
08. Rick Ross – Teflon Don
07. Freeway & Jake One – The Stimulus Package
06. Statik Selektah & Termanology – 1982
05. Scarface – Dopeman Music
04. Meth, Ghost & Rae – Wu Massacre
03. Strong Arm Steady – In Search of Stoney Jackson
02. DJ Premier Presents Year Round Records – Get Used To Us
01. Ghostface Killah – Apollo Kid

Ayo whattup this Ghost Deini aka the Black Ronald Reagan. Whats good Preem! Ayo the gods humbled just to be mentioned but to clench that top spot nahmean…that shits a blessing son. Word. A nigga spit out his raviolis when he seen that. The nigga Alvin at the barbershop in Staten called the god up to bless his ears with the news nahmean. He put a rainbow in the gods heart with that nah mean. He stay up on all the latest blogs info so on n so forth. Thats my word. Niggas pollyin n whatnot n he caught the god off guard n says to me yo that nigga Preem says you got the best album of the decade yo. N Im like word nigga yo ya puttin thumbtacks on the god chair to try n see if a nigga gon jump right! Nahmean. N he like nah Tone hand to Allah n all that. Thats the truth son. A nigga just started cryin yo. Tears bust out a nigga wig cos that shit just hit a nigga in his heart yo. I seen cupids on the god shoulders when I went over to the mirror n shit tryna wipe the gods tears so I could thank you Preem. Ayo the god got cherubs on his shoulders that watch over himn nah mean. Its a blessing son. Thank you.
Aight peace

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
I agree with Preemo.

Apollo Kids is the only 2010 album with which I can't imagine skipping a track.

the cupids part :lol

K.Jack

PhoenixDark said:
No love for Conway from Premo lol.
Oh shit that didn't even hit me. Hahaha Conway snubbed by a legend. :lol:lol

I hope he has a Twitter meltdown.

PhoenixDark said:
No love for Conway from Premo lol. Wu Massacre wat
Because that Conway album is DOG SHIT, that's why. Only Conway fans love that shit. People need stop giving that over produce POS credit. I fucking hate that album more than my evil Brazilian EX-girlfriend.

And fucking premo stole my list. I still going to put it up on Monday anyway.

HiResDes

ShinobiFist said:
Because that Conway album is DOG SHIT, that's why. Only Conway fans love that shit. People need stop giving that over produce POS credit. I fucking hate that album more than my evil Brazilian EX-girlfriend.

So you're gonna put Drake and Wu Massacre high up on your list?

ShinobiFist said:

pish posh. only 1 track was overproduced, IMO. AOTL.

I simply think the album was so poorly mastered, it's offensive. the only track that was produced well was the INTRO to AOTL.

K.Jack

HiResDes said:
C'mon really? That's ridiculous to me
I get annoyed easily, by music. It's the only rap album that had no annoying tracks.

I liked a ton of of albums this year, but I judge on whether I skip tracks. Too many dudes with too many R&B hooks this year. Like that Rojas dude.

Corrine Bailey Rae runs away with my AoTY award, and Apollo Kids is a distant second. I can spin both albums front to back, that's why they win.

ShinobiFist said:

We can agree to disagree by you posting pics of said Brazilian ex

HiResDes

K.Jack said:
I get annoyed easily, by music. It's the only rap album that had no annoying tracks.

I liked a ton of of albums this year, but I judge on whether I skip tracks. Too many dudes with too many R&B hooks this year. Like that Rojas dude.

Corrine Bailey Rae runs away with my AoTY award, and Apollo Kids is a distant second. I can spin both albums front to back, that's why they win.
There are plenty of albums without that shit, I deleted the whole Rojas mixtape myself except for two or three songs. For example, Skyzoo and Roc Marciano don't have any of that shit nor are there any skippable tracks really. IMO

I love Corrine Bailey Rae's album though, so I'll let it slide

LOZLINK

Ayo whattup this big Ghost Theodore Deini! The god wrote a verse for this shit! I dont mean no disrespect to yall Salughters niggas but the god needed to body this shit to let yall niggas know he aint playin. The god got on his Chihuahua slippers n a lavender robe with swords on his back nahmean. Word. I aint even gon say no more.

Ayo Polly with the Wally champ
pickle dart mozart
Hibachi cookin up his art
vessels be silver arks
Tutankhamun tomb dwellin
felon roll on gypsies
Staten to Poughkeepsie
Big Ghost runs this city!
Raspberry vagina fucker
bitches call him Deini
Tony got them moanin like
Madame Butterfly Puccini
Octopuss arms niggas
reach for the god rolo
Tony gon slay niggas
Thats word to Manolo!
Japanese porcupine
rock beavers in the springtime
Alligator jumpsuits
Cabernet sav wines
Upper echelon nigga
sippin Disaronno with midgets
Frog ass niggas hoppin round
the god ribbit!
Saratoga coke milano
chimichanga daquiri
Bust a nigga pinata
the Wu factory in back of me
Ovary stuffer snuff a nigga
Geronimo Pratt stizzy
Word yo Ghost smash them niggas
2 dope bizzy!

Ayo the god just snatched that cloud from the sky cos he know yall niggas thirsty. The god dwell on ancient paths to bring the wisdom of the pharoahs to yalls niggas. Thats my word.
Aight peace."

:lol :lol :lol

Edit:
Ayo this Big Ghost the Wally Champ. Word lets walk these dogs one time. Imma spit fire on niggas from a golden pegasus. Imma peel onions under a nigga eyes tho n make they tears shower when they realize where a nigga heart is. These is heartfelt renditions by the god. I touch a nigga heart like when niggas be watchin Dancin Wit The Stars n they got they little Unicef joints during the commercials nahmean. When they show the little niggas in Ethiopia or the Congo with the flies on they face namsayin. Even the biggest niggas be cryin like little girls when they see them babies with the missing limbs n they tummies all blown out n shit. Maggots in they hair with no arms n shit. That shit hurt a nigga heart. N I spit bars that touch niggas like that.

Ayo,
Banana champ anthem
pandas lampin in the mansion
Hickory butter mantan
fuckin bitches doin handstands
Oxymoron niggas – BLOWWW!
Shoot em out they moccasins
Allah U Akbar nigga
Catch Tony inna chocolate Benz
Danny Devito mozel tov
copacobanna lava pen
Bust ya in ya ottoman
kangaroo solomon
Appleseed faculty
Rhapsody of Malcom
Bitches wit fly panties on
girl puttin on her talcum
Yall know the outcome
Tone Stiggy blow her back out
Camel hop dickin SHIT!
Had to pull the ratch out!
Thieves under the bed
fly bohemian opera
Squeeze like accordians
TONE here come the cops for ya!
Officer I shot his nuts
Had ta blam him on his ding dong
Ring a nigga doorbell
for spittin his whole thing wrong
Palace in Afghanistan
Jackie Chan Guantanamo
Mohican fly bitches word
Peace ayo its time ta go

Word yo a nigga shower yall with vessels of nutrition for yall niggas wigs. The god put roses in yall hearts. Tellin yall bout the woes and travesties of the world n shit. Babies runnin round on sidewalks naked with no diapers on while they moms suckin dick for food stamps. Crackhead niggas stealin niggas plants out they front yard. Bitches strippin at titty bars so they aint gotta work at McDonalds n shit. Yo the god be reflectin on these devestations while he eatin his ziti nahmean. Word.
Aight peace."

IrishNinja

:lol greatest troll of all time.

while looking for ghost stuff, i found this - supposed to be a mash-up of jay's american gangster + iron-man, anyone heard this?

Tokubetsu

Apollo Kids is up there. I like Skyzoo but I'm not gonna pretend like his shit doesn't put me to sleep a great deal of the time. I can't sit through his albums, they're almost always too long and he has like zero excitement, at all. It's hard to explain but it's like he has no faith in his lyrics, no energy. He's kinda just...on the beat* (most of the time). It might just be his voice.

HiResDes

Tokubetsu said:
Apollo Kids is up there. I like Skyzoo but I'm not gonna pretend like his shit doesn't put me to sleep a great deal of the time. I can't sit through his albums, they're almost always too long and he has like zero excitement, at all. It's hard to explain but it's like he has no faith in his lyrics, no energy. He's kinda just...on the beat* (most of the time). It might just be his voice.
Warning Offtopic: Hey dude did you cop those Grado's?

Zonar

HiResDes said:
Cunninlynguists, Diggable Planets, Black Sheep, A Tribe Called Quest, Diggable Planets, Leaders of a New School, Dipset, Outkast, The Pharcyde, Black Star, Binary Star - C'mon dude they're not even close

1. NWA (legend status)
2. Wu-Tang (legend status)
3. Slaughterhouse
4. Run-DMC (legend status)
5. Black Star
6. A Tribe Called Quest
7. Outkast
8. Flipmode
9. Little brother
10. Souls of mischief
11. Da la soul
12. Diggable Planets

***(never really listen to)Cunninlynguists, Leaders of a New School, Binary Star

Slaughter is hot!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSCjaBhinjI

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
K.Jack said:
Oh shit that didn't even hit me. Hahaha Conway snubbed by a legend. :lol:lol

I hope he has a Twitter meltdown.
Eh, Preemo publicly defended Yeezy several times when he was going through his shit. I guess he just was feeling those albums more.

TEFLON DON, THANK ME LATER AND FAT JOE OVER MBDTF? WHAT. THE FUCK.

K.Jack

Zonar said:
1. NWA (legend status)
2. Wu-Tang (legend status)
3. Slaughterhouse
4. Run-DMC (legend status)
5. Black Star
6. A Tribe Called Quest
7. Outkast
8. Flipmode
9. Little brother
10. Souls of mischief
11. Da la soul
12. Diggable Planets
And they say I have controversial opinions. :lol
enzo_gt said:
Eh, Preemo publicly defended Yeezy several times when he was going through his shit. I guess he just was feeling those albums more.

TEFLON DON, THANK ME LATER AND FAT JOE OVER MBDTF? WHAT. THE FUCK.
If your album doesn't make someone's Top 25? They aren't feeling you one bit.

LOZLINK said:
What? I reckon Wu tang did much more for rap than NWA.

Not a fan of NWA but I disagree there. NWA brought gangsta rap to the mainstream and their street oriented image still influences the genre today. Plus their influence on censorship, outrage over lyrics, etc.

LOZLINK

PhoenixDark said:
Not a fan of NWA but I disagree there. NWA brought gangsta rap to the mainstream and their street oriented image still influences the genre today. Plus their influence on censorship, outrage over lyrics, etc.
I agree, but Wu tang basically revolutionized East Coast Rap and it's still thriving. On the West we got Teach me how to dougie and you're a jerk. I just feel you could Wu tang's influence in modern rap is more apparent than NWA

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
LOZLINK said:
y'all hate on Teflon Don too much. Free Mason, Aston Martin music, BMF, MC Hammer, and Audio Meth are my shit.
GAF is pretty fascinated with it. It's like 50% great songs and 50% utter shit, IMO.

Tokubetsu

LOZLINK said:
I agree, but Wu tang basically revolutionized East Coast Rap and it's still thriving. On the West we got Teach me how to dougie and you're a jerk. I just feel you could Wu tang's influence in modern rap is more apparent than NWA

Some would argue this. That "sound" is only still popular with people who liked it in the first place and they certainly aren't selling shit like say, southern records or records from "big" established artists like Em, Ye, Hov etc.

LOZLINK

Tokubetsu said:
Some would argue this. That "sound" is only still popular with people who liked it in the first place and they certainly aren't selling shit like say, southern records or records from "big" established artists like Em, Ye, Hov etc.
Maybe thriving was a bit of an exaggeration. Who actually kept the NWA sound though in modern times? BT&H?

IrishNinja

ChldRebelSoldr said:
Need some Bone Thugs-n-Harmony in that group list.

ill never get why people say this, past nostalgia. they've got a few tracks, but i could never bump an entire album of theirs, personally.

as for NWA vs Wu and influence...there's some argument to be made there.
on NWA, dre's easily the obvious choice for still around/influencing, and his unwavering production style aside, i suppose you could say dre > em > 50 since they might not've had work without him, or at least not when they did.
cube is prolly my favorite of them, cause i loved his 90s shit growing up. amerikka's most wanted was cool, but i was all over predator, lethal injection, and death certificate.
eazy-e was cool, gave you guys bone thugs. i dont remember shit of mc ren past mad scientist, but i liked that track.

the above statement regarding gangsta rap in the mainstream, censorship, etc are all legit and important.

Wu...jesus, youve got tons of dudes outside the clan itself that dont really matter to most people not on hip-hop forums, to be fair (remedy, sunz of man, bronze nazareth, killarmy, tons of RZA's weed carriers etc), but besides the supergroup thing, you've got tons of lingo and honestly, the styles RZA gave the core members still carry...meth is still grimy, and that gambino/mafioso shit ghost & rae got is (my opinion) probably one of the biggest hip-hop culture things still about, everyone ran with that since.

kinda apples & oranges, but you could go point for point (RZA's production has been way more influential than DJ yella, for example)

Tokubetsu

IrishNinja said:
ill never get why people say this, past nostalgia. they've got a few tracks, but i could never bump an entire album of theirs, personally.

as for NWA vs Wu and influence...there's some argument to be made there.
on NWA, dre's easily the obvious choice for still around/influencing, and his unwavering production style aside, i suppose you could say dre > em > 50 since they might not've had work without him, or at least not when they did.
cube is prolly my favorite of them, cause i loved his 90s shit growing up. amerikka's most wanted was cool, but i was all over predator, lethal injection, and death certificate.
eazy-e was cool, gave you guys bone thugs. i dont remember shit of mc ren past mad scientist, but i liked that track.

the above statement regarding gangsta rap in the mainstream, censorship, etc are all legit and important.

Wu...jesus, youve got tons of dudes outside the clan itself that dont really matter to most people not on hip-hop forums, to be fair (remedy, sunz of man, bronze nazareth, killarmy, tons of RZA's weed carriers etc), but besides the supergroup thing, you've got tons of lingo and honestly, the styles RZA gave the core members still carry...meth is still grimy, and that gambino/mafioso shit ghost & rae got is (my opinion) probably one of the biggest hip-hop culture things still about, everyone ran with that since.

kinda apples & oranges, but you could go point for point (RZA's production has been way more influential than DJ yella, for example)

Because this album is a legitimate rap classic:
ouygl.jpg

Like sersiously. It's easily the most consistent Bone album. Not a single skippable track. I'm not even trolling or exaggerating here, if you haven't heard this album you need to.

Kimosabae

Banned
E. 1999 Eternal isn't just a rap classic - it's a classic, period. The album was a bonafide American phenom. You'd be hard-pressed to find many 'Greatest Albums of All Time' lists without a mention of it.

The idea that a rap fan may not like that album - or even worse, may have never heard it - is mind-boggling to me.

Nostalgia my ass. Early Bone is timeless. There will never be another popular group with that sound. Ever.

Tokubetsu

Kimosabae said:
E. 1999 Eternal isn't just a rap classic - it's a classic, period. The album was a bonafide American phenom. You'd be hard-pressed to find many 'Greatest Albums of All Time' lists without a mention of it.

The idea that a rap fan may not like that album - or even worse, may have never heard it - is mind-boggling to me.

Nostalgia my ass. Early Bone is timeless. There will never be another popular group with that sound. Ever.

What I love about Bone, is even though they were rapping about thug shit, because they did the whole sorta sing quality thing, everything they did had some kind of magical/mystical quality to it. If didn't listen to the lyrics, "Eternal" sounds like something off an early 90s pop record.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom