• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokubetsu

Acid08 said:
Listened to the Marshall Matters LP for the first time in like 7 or so years recently and I fucking HATE it. Em sounds like such a whiny shit.

Never understood why people loved MMLP/rated it so highly.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Tokubetsu said:
e1Pbhl.jpg
FUCK
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Bring on Album #2. Hope it sounds more like the singles.

And Cassidy has no straight up fans, but when dude spits he has some pretty good punchlines. People here hated B.A.R.S.? wut. That was his only good album. Cassidy has been full of shit forever, but I guess he got cred or whatever for that shooting. Then he goes on to say he's the richest rapper under 26 years old in one of his rhymes, and you continue listening to the rhymes instead of paying attention to his dumb personal (again, like 95% of rappers).

I guess it's kinda parallel to you guys liking Gucci. Kinda.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Tokubetsu said:

It's been quoted 8000 times already but...

FUCK YES

And MMLP is a great album, so is SSLP, neither one is the amazing classic they once sounded like, but both have plenty of great songs that are enjoyable. The hook to kill you still tumbles out of my lips when I am mockingly threatening my friends.

Tokubetsu

Blackace said:
you are special aren't you?
Why don't you like me Blackace? ='(

siddx said:
It's been quoted 8000 times already but...

FUCK YES

And MMLP is a great album, so is SSLP, neither one is the amazing classic they once sounded like, but both have plenty of great songs that are enjoyable. The hook to kill you still tumbles out of my lips when I am mockingly threatening my friends.

Seeing the pic bumped again made me realize how much of a fanboy i am for most of slaughterhouse, yela and shady :lol

Joe Budden is extremely hit or miss for me. Mostly miss

effzee

Tokubetsu said:

Looks awesome but really what are the chances this works out? When was the last time a Shady artist even put out an album? I wish them the best and hope they put out a great album with production that matches their talents. They really do need to write songs instead of "OH HEY HERE IS A BEAT LET ME DO MY BRAVADO" and repeat for 12 tracks.

Tokubetsu

effzee said:
Looks awesome but really what are the chances this works out? When was the last time a Shady artist even put out an album? I wish them the best and hope they put out a great album with production that matches their talents. They really do need to write songs instead of "OH HEY HERE IS A BEAT LET ME DO MY BRAVADO" and repeat for 12 tracks.

I think what they and I'm sure Em is hoping too is since they're all already "established" artists then theres not much left to do besides record and album and use major label backing to promote it. Pretty sure Slaughterhouse did well for a fairly underground record and Yelawolfs' got that good buzz going since he's talented but he's also white and attractive so that can could equal sales with the right promotion. At least I'm sure thats what the execs at Interscope are thinking :lol

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Tokubetsu said:
Why don't you like me Blackace? ='(

I like you!

Seeing the pic bumped again made me realize how much of a fanboy i am for most of slaughterhouse, yela and shady :lol

Joe Budden is extremely hit or miss for me. Mostly miss

just not your taste in music so much.. =(

I like Em a lot... but he isn't the same

And GAF's hard-on for Yela is perplexing..

Right now, the greatest MC in the group, if Em stays sorry Em, is Royce and Crooked I isn't bad.. but seems out of place in the group..

Tokubetsu

Blackace said:
I like you!

just not your taste in music so much.. =(

I like Em a lot... but he isn't the same

And GAF's hard-on for Yela is perplexing..

Right now, the greatest MC in the group, if Em stays sorry Em, is Royce and Crooked I isn't bad.. but seems out of place in the group..

To be fair, I'm not as apologetic about his recent stuff as a lot of people are here. I get high off new em for a day or two and then reality sets in. I grew up with Slim Shady LP so theres nostalgia there ( I still remember getting my sister to buy it for me because I was only 11 at the time) and it definitely affected my rap tastes for a long time. I really like Joell, Royce and Crooked I though and Yela is nice as hell man, he's got a great flow.

HiResDes

Yeah he's definitely the odd man out when it comes to Yelawolf, dude has an awesome flow, and he never takes himself too seriously...Maybe you need to get a better stereo system to really enjoy the genius of Yelawolf.

Blackace

Tokubetsu said:
To be fair, I'm not as apologetic about his recent stuff as a lot of people are here. I get high off new em for a day or two and then reality sets in. I grew up with Slim Shady LP so theres nostalgia there ( I still remember getting my sister to buy it for me because I was only 11 at the time) and it definitely affected my rap tastes for a long time. I really like Joell, Royce and Crooked I though and Yela is nice as hell man, he's got a great flow.

Yela's flow can be good at times, but when people start saying his stuff is a southern classic that rivals Eightball and MJG, Outkast, UGK and the Getoboys/Scarface I can only laugh..

I admit he killed it on the How Low remix but he is really only middle of the road for me..

Blackace

HiResDes said:
Yeah he's definitely the odd man out when it comes to Yelawolf, dude has an awesome flow, and he never takes himself too seriously...Maybe you need to get a better stereo system to really enjoy the genius of Yelawolf.

Yeah I only DJ every weekend and need a better stereosystem.. gtfo with that BS..

I am the odd man out on GAF.. sure I can take that title. He sounds a lot like a cheap version of Em..

Acid08 said:
Listened to the Marshall Matters LP for the first time in like 7 or so years recently and I fucking HATE it. Em sounds like such a whiny shit.

Should have listened to The Eminem Show, his best album IMO

HiResDes

Blackace said:
Yeah I only DJ every weekend and need a better stereosystem.. gtfo with that BS..

I am the odd man out on GAF.. sure I can take that title. He sounds a lot like a cheap version of Em..
Yelawolf sounds nothing like Em :lol You might be a DJ, but you're talking to a former music critic. He's got more in common with Twista, only southern fried.

Blackace

HiResDes said:
Yelawolf sounds nothing like Em :lol You might be a DJ, but you're talking to a former music critic. He's got more in common with Twista, only southern fried.

Actually he sounds a lot like Em. Twister was much faster with his deliveries. I didn't even want to get into it. I just said I found it perplexing and the YDF jumped to the rescue.

still shaking my head about the "get a better stereo to enjoy something you disagree with me about" comment.. lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think it's the accent/way he raps that turns me off to Yelawolf. Not really feeling the dude's songs. Nothing particularly stands out to me. People linked to tracks in this thread, I listened and went... eh?

HiResDes said:
wut? explain.

This would explain a lot about the audiophile/mixtape master kind of status HRD has though
:lol

HiResDes

Blackace said:
Actually he sounds a lot like Em. Twister was much faster with his deliveries. I didn't even want to get into it. I just said I found it perplexing and the YDF jumped to the rescue.

still shaking my head about the "get a better stereo to enjoy something you disagree with me about" comment.. lol
You read that completely wrong. That's not at all what I was saying, it was a light suggestion, and a facetious one at that. I don't even know how they let someone become a mod that jumps to such ridiculous conclusions.

Blackace

HiResDes said:
You read that completely wrong. That's not at all what I was saying, it was a light suggestion, and a facetious one at that. I don't even know how they let someone become a mod that jumps to such ridiculous conclusions.

? wtf ?

lol ok..

Blackace

enzo_gt said:
I think it's the accent/way he raps that turns me off to Yelawolf. Not really feeling the dude's songs. Nothing particularly stands out to me. People linked to tracks in this thread, I listened and went... eh?

Pretty much sums it up...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Listened to my first Timberland Thursday, Take Ur Clothes Off ft. Missy Elliot. Damn, Timbo fell off bad. He was on top of everything at one point, seems like as soon as he took too long to make Shock Value II, all hints of relevancy disappeared.

Also, DJ Khaled ft. Rick Ross, Plies, Lil Wayne, T-Pain - Welcome To My Hood. Man I used to really like these posse cuts, but the frequency of Plies guest spots is not surprisingly directly correlated with the drop in quality of these songs. Khaled needs to do another Victory, or finally show us that project he's been working on with Kanye.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I heard that new flocka track. Rap game stressful :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

SEE ME DOWN/ LIKE A GROUND HOG I APPEAR

Side note: (Anyone know if i will ever get unjuniored or am I permanently effed) :lol

HiResDes

Oh shit there's a ghost in here. I think you were the first person I saw on Gaf with a Kanye avatar.

@Enzo

I edited the Xavier Newswire Arts & Entertainment section for nearly three years, which I realize sounds far-fetched given the amount of grammatical errors I make in every post.

I interned at pitchfork, but they didn't offer me anything.

I was also pretty much hired at My Old Kentucky blog but apparently they had to make cutbacks.

Solaros

HiResDes said:
Oh shit there's a ghost in here. I think you were the first person I saw at Gaf with a Kanye avatar.
That's the only reason I popped in this thread when I saw MTHanded as the last poster :lol

In other news, I stalk this thread regularly for good rap music.

Thanks GAF.

Tokubetsu

Anyone have that Joe Budden stick figure comic i posted awhile back? Might have been in the other thread. It had some dude going like "Hmm, I'm going to listen to Joe Budden's new album today!" and then ended up crying on the one song that just talks about relationships and how you should never give girls something you dont want to see them walk away with or some shit.

Tokubetsu said:
Anyone have that Joe Budden stick figure comic i posted awhile back? Might have been in the other thread. It had some dude going like "Hmm, I'm going to listen to Joe Budden's new album today!" and then ended up crying on the one song that just talks about relationships and how you should never give girls something you dont want to see them walk away with or some shit.
I'd like to get that picture too. Shit had me rolling and it would make a good facebook pic...

Blackace

enzo_gt said:
Listened to my first Timberland Thursday, Take Ur Clothes Off ft. Missy Elliot. Damn, Timbo fell off bad. He was on top of everything at one point, seems like as soon as he took too long to make Shock Value II, all hints of relevancy disappeared.

Also, DJ Khaled ft. Rick Ross, Plies, Lil Wayne, T-Pain - Welcome To My Hood. Man I used to really like these posse cuts, but the frequency of Plies guest spots is not surprisingly directly correlated with the drop in quality of these songs. Khaled needs to do another Victory, or finally show us that project he's been working on with Kanye.

Timbo hasn't fallen off.. just got paid. It happens. If he gets hungry again we will see him back on the grind.

Getting tired of the same old same old guest.. That's why All I do is Win was so hawt because it wasn't the same old roster..

kamspy

1. I like the Timbo beat! Enzo hates good beats confirmed.

2. I need a H.A.M. instrumental stat - someone hook me up.

3. What is Shady going to do with two D12s?

4. I'm very cautiously optimistic about Yela on Shady... I liked the Drama beats he used on Trunk Muzik. Don't let Slim or Mike Elizondo near those sessions. Well, let slim in the booth for one track if he promises not to scream.

5. If Joe Budden get's rich, what will he rap about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom