• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xater

The OP still doesn't tell me which one I can listen to. Recommend me some that don't talk about their drug habits, bling, bitches or how much better they are than all the others.

HiResDes

Vox-Pop said:
I like Donald Glover so far. Anything else similar worth checking out?

You'll probably definitely enjoy some XV then.

30 Minute Layover

20100225-XV.jpg

DL LINK

Everybody's Nobody

20090721-xv1.jpg

DL LINK

Also Check Out

Quest - Broken Headphones

20090728-quest1.jpg

DL LINK

And...How Thoughtful

b97nee.jpg

DL LINK

And if you'll still hungry...

Treazon - Breathe Life 2

20100202-TREAZON1.jpg

DL LINK

Johnny Polygon - Rebel Without Applause (Cudi Fans Should Love This As Well...)

JP-RebelWithoutApplause_FrontCover_med.jpg

DL LINK (Just press download, and the dl will start instantly)

HiResDes

Xater said:
The OP still doesn't tell me which one I can listen to. Recommend me some that don't talk about their drug habits, bling, bitches or how much better they are than all the others.

Check out the Illz:

The Illz - The Pursuit

4fwfw8.png

DL LINK

Honestly there are plenty of rappers that don't fall into predictable topic cycles that have already been listed.

Threi

notag
+1 for TSOL love, currently my album of the year
TSOL.jpg

#2 of course is The Roots - How I got over
The-Roots-How-I-Got-Over-Album-Cover.jpg

and #3 is Distant Relatives
DistantRelatives.jpg

Beezy

Xater said:
Listen to Lupe Fiasco's albums.

Nitsuj23

HiResDes said:
...Must resist urge to hate.
The dude can rap. Just because he was Ridin' Durty on the radio doesn't mean anything, check out his Mixtape Messiah series (I've listened to 1-3).

HiResDes

Nitsuj23 said:
The dude can rap. Just because he was Ridin' Durty on the radio doesn't mean anything, check out his Mixtape Messiah series (I've listened to 1-3).
Already have...He fucking sucks to me. You're talking to Chamillionaire hater #1, as I solidified in the other thread.

njean777

HiResDes said:
Already have...He fucking sucks to me. You're talking to Chamillionaire hater #1, as I solidified in the other thread.

your hate for chamillionaire is so funny, he is not my favorite either but he is not that bad. At least he can flow unlike so much of the garbage on the radio today.

AnkitT

HiResDes said:
I actually thought that Ultimate Victory was a pretty good album. The guy packs some punch lyrically, but the overall, I dont like his style too much.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Okay so I downloaded the XV, and I was digging that. I had a few extra mins here while my food is marinating before I fire up the grill and just searched around for some XV info. Stumbled on this Good*Fella Radio youtube interview with XV.

The best quote... "Nipsey Hussle like that's my dude and he's like the gangster west coast artist right now... and like I was sitting on the bus with him and he's like smoking weed... and I'm like you never played Final Fantasy VII... like you never got to play that?" - XV :lol :lol :lol

Grzi

Brettison said:
Okay so I downloaded the XV, and I was digging that. I had a few extra mins here while my food is marinating before I fire up the grill and just searched around for some XV info. Stumbled on this Good*Fella Radio youtube interview with XV.

The best quote... "Nipsey Hussle like that's my dude and he's like the gangster west coast artist right now... and like I was sitting on the bus with him and he's like smoking weed... and I'm like you never played Final Fantasy VII... like you never got to play that?" - XV :lol :lol :lol

Nice :lol

He also has a song called Final Fantasy XV (on the Please, Hold mixtape), and it's pretty good too.

The M.O.B

Chamillionaire isn't my fave rapper or anything but he is far from bad. I guess I'll have to post a few songs of his that are my favs.(dont worry HiResDes, i know i cant change ur mind) I've said a lot that I dont like ego rappers, but he is still decent despite always talking about his money.

Roll Call Reloaded
- In this one he imitates other rappers voices and their flows.

Fly as The Sky

Industry Groupie - Moreso I just like that it samples the final countdown :D

Hip-Hip Police - My favorite song of his

When I talk with others about HipHop, it always irks me when they will put down someone like Chammilionaire then they rave about one of my most hated rappers GucciMane. HiResDes's hate for Chamillionaire is my hate for Gucci :D

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
The M.O.B said:
Chamillionaire isn't my fave rapper or anything but he is far from bad. I guess I'll have to post a few songs of his that are my favs.(dont worry HiResDes, i know i cant change ur mind) I've said a lot that I dont like ego rappers, but he is still decent despite always talking about his money.

Roll Call Reloaded
- In this one he imitates other rappers voices and their flows.

Fly as The Sky

Industry Groupie - Moreso I just like that it samples the final countdown :D

Hip-Hip Police - My favorite song of his

When I talk with others about HipHop, it always irks me when they will put down someone like Chammilionaire then they rave about one of my most hated rappers GucciMane. HiResDes's hate for Chamillionaire is my hate for Gucci :D

Add me to the list of people who think Chamillionaire is a joke. In fact, I think it's the only think HiResDes and I agreed on in the past thread.

MMaRsu

Banned
Damn just found out that Wu Tang is playing in Amsterdam next weekend.. So far I've heard that all members will attend.

How is their track record as far as live performances go? I wanna go, and I'd have to go alone ( dont know anybody who would go )..

vhfive said:
no love for the Cool Kids OP.
I was told to check them out due to my love of Lupe, Kanye, and Kid Cudi -- but for some reason, I didn't "feel" them. Maybe I was listening to the wrong material?

vhfive

spindashing said:
I was told to check them out due to my love of Lupe, Kanye, and Kid Cudi -- but for some reason, I didn't "feel" them. Maybe I was listening to the wrong material?
get The Bake Sale. everything else is mediocre but The Bake Sale is awesome.

Tokubetsu

MMaRsu said:
Damn just found out that Wu Tang is playing in Amsterdam next weekend.. So far I've heard that all members will attend.

How is their track record as far as live performances go? I wanna go, and I'd have to go alone ( dont know anybody who would go )..

Go by yourself. Some of my best concert experiences have been by myself.

Tokubetsu

MMaRsu said:
Just enjoy the music or try to talk to chicks/random people? :p

Enjoy the music but if you see an in with a lady take it. Odds are a girl at a wu-tang show won't be alone though so observe before you strike.

MMaRsu

Banned
Tokubetsu said:
Enjoy the music but if you see an in with a lady take it. Odds are a girl at a wu-tang show won't be alone though so observe before you strike.

Yea too true :lol

HiResDes said:
Check out the Illz:

The Illz - The Pursuit

4fwfw8.png

DL LINK

Honestly there are plenty of rappers that don't fall into predictable topic cycles that have already been listed.

Damn this is good, love the smooth feel this dude has. Like a late night train ride.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Devil Theory said:
Damn this is good, love the smooth feel this dude has. Like a late night train ride.

I think I'll download this now then. Been in a hip-hop mood all day, and might put this on and lay down and drop out to sleep.

Tokubetsu

Bowser said:
This thread is worse then the old thread if only because of all the Chamillionaire haters in here.

If I had made it, it would been full of Chamillionaire <3 :lol CHAMILITARY MAYNE!

njean777

MMaRsu said:

id go if i lived in Europe

The M.O.B

Ricky's Teflon Don is on iTunes right now.

I avoided listening to the leak, after listening to the entire thing, Aston Martin is #1 for me.

I have a question regarding an Adult Swim bump.

I have no idea what song it is, but it has a repeating piano in it. It's one of the newer bumps (from the past few months), so if any of you could help me find it, I'd be very grateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom