• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT14| The 6 God is Five Writers, And One False Idol

Status
Not open for further replies.
The leader of our nation meeting with Barack Obama.

wattba

Fuck yes. As somebody who has been inspired by Kendrick Lamar more than ten shitty ass articles on Affordable housing, I hope that Kendrick can use his position (the fact that he has met the fucking president) to really make a difference. The man has a vision, and now the power to make it happen could be in his reach. That's exciting.

Obama skit gonna be lit

I hope that his trip to the White House influences his next album.

EDIT: Wow at that video on Vimeo. Incredible.

On another random note, my personal favorite Top Twenty Rap Albums

20. Dr. Octagon: Dr. Octagonecologyst
19. Cannibal Ox: The Cold Vein
18. GZA: Liquid Swords
17. Cypress Hill: Cypress Hill
16. Eyedea and Abilities: First Born
15. Madvillian: Madvilliany
14. Scarface: The Diary
13. Mobb Deep: The Infamous
12. Outkast: Aquemini
11. Aesop Rock: None Shall Pass
10. Nas: Illmatic
9. Aesop Rock: Labor Days
8. Death Grips: The Money Store
7. Kendrick Lamar: good kid, m.A.A.d City
6. Kendrick Lamar: To Pimp a Butterfly
5. Eminem: The Marshall Mathers LP
4. The Beastie Boys: Paul's Boutique
3. Wu Tang-Clan: Enter The 36 Chambers
2. The Pharcyde: Bizarre Ride II
1. A Tribe Called Quest: People's Instinctive Travels and the Paths of Rhythm

injurai

Banned
3. Favorite Artists (Pick Five): Kendrick Lamar, Eminem, Aesop Rock, A Tribe Called Quest, The Beastie Boys.
4. Favorite Artists Outside of Hip-Hop (Pick Five): Opeth, Death, The B-52's, Edgard Varase, and György Ligeti, for five random artists.?
8. Rank a Random Rapper’s Discography (Pick Someone With > 3 Albums)
Aesop Rock
Labor Days>None Shall Pass>Skelethon>Bazooka Tooth>Float>Appleseed>Music For Earthworms
5. Who is the Most Underrated Emcee?: Underrated? Souls of Mischief's first album is amazing.
6. Would You Rather Eat An Ass or Have Your Ass Eaten: Neither.
9. And who’s the finest: As for the finest, Taylor Swift is fucking gorgeous.

I like you. We'll get along well.

On another random note, my personal favorite Top Twenty Rap Albums

Eyedea and Cypress Hill love is always great to see.

I like you. We'll get along well.

Eyedea and Cypress Hill love is always great to see.

Yeah, Eyedea is probably the rapper I tend to take inspiration from the most. Aesop Rock is a fucking genius. So much fun to listen to.

Now I've got Outkast's first album on. Favorite album from them? Such a diverse group, and damn both Big Boi and Andre 3000 are always on point and on fire. I think Big Boi's style I actually prefer over Andre 3000, even though I think Andre is the better rapper overall, if that makes sense.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Didn't even bring the man some shoes? These new MCs really not built to last huh

421811camby.png

overcast

Do you guys think we'll see these (supposed) Black Friday tracks on Swish? Wonder if Real Friends and No More Parties even make it.

Reckoner

Yeah, Eyedea is probably the rapper I tend to take inspiration from the most. Aesop Rock is a fucking genius. So much fun to listen to.

Now I've got Outkast's first album on. Favorite album from them? Such a diverse group, and damn both Big Boi and Andre 3000 are always on point and on fire. I think Big Boi's style I actually prefer over Andre 3000, even though I think Andre is the better rapper overall, if that makes sense.

I would say that Aquemini is a great starting point.

Do you guys think we'll see these (supposed) Black Friday tracks on Swish? Wonder if Real Friends and No More Parties even make it.

I hope none of these tracks make it to Swish, honestly. Not because Real Friends is a bad track, because I don't think it is, but because I want to be surprised. I'm at the point where I'm considering a blackout over the next Friday releases just in case.

OG Kush

ATLiens and Aquemini are both great albums. You'll find people split between which ones is better, so I say just go chronologically listen to ATLiens next. I feel you'll see their progression as artists better as well.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think we'll see some, but not all of them.

I feel like we'll see Real Friends because it seems to perfectly transition into Wolves (and Wolves is one of the least likely songs to bite the dust as the album changed IMO).

On the same note, I think we'll see No More Parties because it only got a snippet; though I wonder if the snippets are just going to preview subsequent weeks.

ATLiens and Aquemini are both great albums. You'll find people split between which ones is better, so I say just go chronologically listen to ATLiens next. I feel you'll see their progression as artists better as well.

Oh I've heard both of them before plenty. Just wanted to see where other people fall when it comes to Outkast. Amazingly diverse group for sure; a fellow rap fan I converse with often labeled them the Radiohead of rap, which is pretty fitting.

Nice! Welcome, breh!

One important question to see if you fit in here that is missing from the OP questionnaire:
"Short dicks or long dicks?"

Also neither! But nothing wrong with guys who have a preference for them!

I am probably one of the most LGBT friendly and supportive people I know.

ALBUMS

1. To Pimp A Butterfly - Kendrick Lamar ; 4 points
2. Summertime '06 - Vince Staples ; 3 points
3. The Powers that B - Death Grips ; 3 points
4. Days with Dr. Yen Lo - Ka ; 2 points
5. 32 Zel - Denzel Curry ; 2 points
6. Year of the Savage - Robb Bank$ ; 2 points
7. Shadow of a Doubt - Freddie Gibbs ; 1 point
8. DS2 - Future ; 1 point
9. So the Flies Don't Come - Milo ; 1 point
10. The Good Fight - Oddisee ; 1 point

SONGS
fuck it, i just put my most listened Spotfiy tracks, no duplicate artists
1. Hood Politics - Kendrick Lamar ; 4 points
2. All Your Fault - Big Sean ; 3 points
3. Legend - Drake ; 3 points
4. Want Something Done - Oddisee ; 2 points
5. Day 1125 - Ka ; 2 points
6. Check - Young Thug ; 2 points
7. Antidote - Travi$ Scott ; 1 point
8. Slave Master - Future ; 1 point
9. New Religion - Jazz Cartier ; 1 point
10. Solo - Alex Wiley ; 1 point

HONORABLE MENTIONS
Nowhere - Duckwrth X Kickdrums
Ghetto Beach Boys - Warm Brew
Soul Glitch - Daye Jack

It seems like a lot of people didn't like the new Meek Mill album, I guess. I don't know what to think about it, but I've been listening to it a lot, and I'm surprised how much I enjoy it.

You said you liked the last Gibbs album, have you checked the new one? So, so good.

I just read that he had a new album out. I love his delivery; as expressive as guys like Scarface. The production behind his music hasn't left me as excited though; Madlib's production style is far more my style. But since I'm enjoying the modern production that permeates through his solo material the more I listen to it, I should listen to his stuff more.

Syntsui

It seems like a lot of people didn't like the new Meek Mill album, I guess. I don't know what to think about it, but I've been listening to it a lot, and I'm surprised how much I enjoy it.
It wears off quick. There are a few energized bangers here and there, but after a few spins you get tired of his voice. As a whole, it's inconsistent and there a lot of skippables between the good songs.

This is extremely disappointing, wtf Thugga.

injurai

Banned
Quelle Chris - Innocent Country

01 Quelle Chris - Freedom And Fear
02 Quelle Chris - Where The Wild Things Roam
03 Quelle Chris - We Want It Alive (feat. Fresh Daily & Cavalier)
04 Quelle Chris - Well Running Deep
05 Quelle Chris - Madness In The Oasis
06 Quelle Chris - The Ones To Watch
07 Quelle Chris - Nothing Moves
08 Quelle Chris - Murphy's Law (feat. Denmark Vessey)
09 Quelle Chris - Drugfest TooThousandToo (feat. The Fiends)
10 Quelle Chris - The Plan (feat. Denmark Vessey)
11 Quelle Chris - The Mirror (feat. Big Sen)
12 Quelle Chris - I Asked God

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom