• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has any great producer fallen off more than RZA? Guys like Pete Rock, Premo, Large Professor, etc are still able to make a noteworthy beat every now and then (and to be fair to Large Pro he knocked it out the park on Cormega's album). Dr Dre is presumably still capable of making really dope beats, even if he's still stuck with the same Chronic 2001 sound. Q-Tip is still making great beats.

Then there's RZA...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmsmMZnbDBI

shit is haunting, like you caught your dad molesting a kid.

Jitters

I just gotta say while its on my mind cuz I saw the talk about LM. I don't know how I feel about the consolidation of ambient and different forms of popular music. I'll admit I (for some reason) let Radiohead off the hook, but it has always seemed like an odd idea IMO. Sure, I'm fine with background music. I like Fripp/Eno, Steve Roach and I like the Artificial Intelligence series and what have you, but I question mixing it with pop, you know. Too tranquil for my immediate attention but not tranquil enough for just create pure atmosphere. Thats why I don't care for the bands like Grizzly Bear, or the weed rap stuff like Currency. I always check it out because internet highbrows seems to love it. I guess I'm just out of the loop.

That being said I like LM. lol

thabiz

ya'll always asking whats the best wu release.

this is

Odb_-_nigga_please.jpg

naw

I always laff at the vid of rza making the fisher price beat

not because of the video itself, but because of the fact that the video is unlisted yet we all still have the link for it

thabiz

it has some good songs on it, but return to the 36 chambers is a much superior album

its a crackhead on record. its amazing. beats are awesome. odb is out of his mind. i love it. you can almost feel how fucked up he is. you want grimey. this is it.

its one of the most overlooked record in recent times. classic.

thabiz

Dirt Dog

number one, I live in my momma house
Number one, I live in my momma house
This a Ol' Dirty Bastard production, let off SHOTS!
Be hot like I thought from a bitch's twat

IrishNinja

I came out my momma pussy, I'm on welfare
Twenty-six years old, still on welfare
So I gotta get paid in fully, whevah it's truthfully or untruthfully

thabiz

Cause you ain't never had clout
You ni**as on a rat drought
I never get tired, I ain't in your drama crew
Suck my dick!

CRS

How do OTs work? Do ya gotta reserve them or something? I'd be up for doing the wu tang one.

That's if one of the tech gawds in here will give me a hand...

Look in the Gaming Community section, the OT reserve thread should be a sticky. Look at the first post to see what's reserved and what isn't. From there you can reserve the topic you want.

PlayDat

thabiz

please do not sleep on that mark broom mix. incredible dancehall mix from one of the greatest techno dj/producers ever. rare treat.

IrishNinja

How do OTs work? Do ya gotta reserve them or something? I'd be up for doing the wu tang one.

That's if one of the tech gawds in here will give me a hand...

i'd join in, but i don't got the tech chops
there's an OT dibs thread, pls believe ive got shenmue 3 & liquid swords 2 on lock

ask cudder

haha damn

Kanye Cycle into J Dilla Cycle into Wu Cycle

slow-release gafhop is best gafhop

This was my shit
http://www.wikiwand.com/en/Ruff_Draft

I mean the fact it came out in 2003 is really incredible. Very experimental stuff, which along with Slum Village is what caught Madlib's attention.

actually pretty sure this was bootlegged before the 2003 release in like 2001-2002 [/hiphopherodotus]

and if you like Madlib especially old Madlib, check out Kankick. His Oxnard contemporary.

Puff's GOAT ghostwriter
http://www.wikiwand.com/en/Skillz

Back when VA had a hip-hop scene...
Yooo this wikiwand son...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom