• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koozek

https://twitter.com/dangerookipawaa/status/787058424852860928

this buffoon actually buying into the "mother" role. god damn i don't get why some of the artists even bother staying at tde lmao, no respect.
Sounds familiar
wwZ8jAW.png

illadelph

Tribe album is amazing; I can't believe they did it. Fuckin' JAROBI comes out of nowhere rapping his ass off, where has this dude been all this time? The production is good as shit, as are all of the features. Busta is phenomenal on this shit. Kendrick comes with a great performance without suffocating the beat. Unbelievable. RIP Phife.

If this is indeed the final album, then I'm gonna want a Q-Tip project sooner than later. Guy is as on point as he's ever been.

FZZ

Banned
Like oh my, but so what?
I keep it cool cause when you hot they get to crawlin' out
Thoughts of cuffin' a thot be the reason that I ain't thawin' out

The delivery for this line is amazing, Boogie so good

Oh My def a track y'all need to listen to again every once in a while

fucking immaculate

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
there's a level of aggression present in We Got it From Here that i didn't get from their previous albums. it's still unmistakably a Tribe album but there's some definite anger and frustration in here.

it's like they made We The People with Trump protests in mind

Re listening to acid rap and completely forgot no name was on this. Probably the first time I've ever heard her.

Definitely the first time I've heard of her was on that album. Hell, for the longest time when she was discussed, I thought Noname was a different person since she went by Noname Gypsy back then. I'm glad she's still kicking and doing dope shit.

Still going through the Tribe album but the production is so sweet.

Belly? What a weird stage name.
He is the blood version of Nelly

T Dollarz

GTFO with that shit, he is trash, and at his best, was simply "pretty good."

Anyways, first run through of this Tribe album, and it's so smooth. Really enjoyable. Man, I'm pumped for SNL tonight. Its not the weak show that a lot of people believe it to be too, it's in a really good place now compared to where it was a few years ago. The cast has all found their footing. The writing fluctuates skit to skit overall but it's always a worthwhile watch imo. Chapelle is gonna be on fire tonight and having Tribe woven in the middle is gonna be perfect.

HiResDes

Lil Wayne is definitely up there and I'm not even a huge fan. There was a time when people anticipated his mixtapes more than every other rap artists albums. There was a time when people would know the lyrics of Wayne's freestyles over jacked beats more than the original song. A time where a Wayne feature was as sought after as a Drake one nowadays.

HiiiLife

Lil Wayne is definitely up there and I'm not even a huge fan. There was a time when people anticipated his mixtapes more than every other rap artists albums. There was a time when people would know the lyrics of Wayne's freestyles over jacked beats more than the original song. A time where a Wayne feature was as sought after as a Drake one nowadays.

06-07 was def a crazy time for Wayne with all the mixtapes. Had people I least expected listening to dude talking about his drought and dedication projects.

Koozek

Ohh, I remember those times. I was stanning Wayne in my youth in '07-'09, dressing like him, swagger-jacking, knowing every unreleased remix, freestyle etc., like, even my girlfriend back then was jealous (not joking). Then came Rebirth.

If you can't really see how someone would consider Wayne one of the greatest you were probably one of them dweeps who refused to listen to any rap song that more than a thousand people listened to or really just lived under a rock last decade.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Was listening to No Ceilings and I'm Goin In earlier today.

What a career. From his tragic verse on Back Dat Azz Up to the heights of his pre-Carter III run like La La La and Fly In, to the heights of mainstream popularity with A Milli, Lollipop and Got Money, to fathering the careers of Nicki and Drake, to the bullshit I Am Not A Human Being mixtapes, to renewed mainstream success with Mirror, back to talking about feces, aliens, and eating pussy, to having his career snuffed out by Birdman.

His influence and work is undeniable. Surely deserving a spot amongst the greats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom