• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pink + White
Nights
Solo
Nikes

Everything else
Solo, Nike's, and Pink + White were my favorites on release and are the only three I still listen to.
I think I just love sing-rapping Frank.
Got around to listening to Hell Hath No Fury late, but better than never.

It's really good.
Key's Open Doors is one of the greatest songs of all time and Pusha murders We Got It For Cheap.

LionPride

Banned
There is a reason I argue that Pharell is the best producer in the modern era besides Timbaland

I always feel weird that I like ASAP as much as I do. Hungry Ham gets my ass goin when I'm workin out

Koozek

Are you kidding me!? I was thinking of asking you guys about your favorite Neptunes tracks in the last few days, but thought you would just ridicule them mostly anyway, lol. They're barely mentioned here and if they are, it was "toy keyboard" jokes.

Neptunes played a huge part in my life back in the days. Informed my musical taste a lot as a kid. Felt like a mix of my favorite game music and Hip-Hop. In Search of... is still one of my all-time faves. The first two Clipse albums (Exclusive Audio Footage, and Lord Willin') and the first two Kelis albums, too.

Gonna post my essentials in a few days when I have time again.

HiResDes

i fuck with him, but it's only cool to like new wave rappers 3 years later nowadays
I have no delusions that I'm cool but I don't think supporting artists that openly beat up their girlfriends, aim for testicles in fights, and scream like they are doing crust punk karaoke over compressed sub bass are good artists. I mean have you seen this guy too, looks like a black DBZ without a father figure. Fuck outta here

More importantly, Future tracklist

1. “Rent Money”
2. “Good Dope”
3. “Zoom”
4. “Draco”
5. “Super Trapper”
6. “POA”
7. “Mask Off”
8. “High Demand”
9. “Outta Time”
10. “Scrape”
11. “I’m So Groovy”
12. “Might As Well”
13. “Poppin Tags”
14. “Massage In My Room”
15. “Flip”
16. “When I Was Broke”
17. “Feds Did A Sweep”

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
When I was younger I was always hoping artists would put more tracks than just 12...I take that back though now because believe it or not it usually makes the album bad.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Fewtch starts strong with Rent Money at the very least

efeMgs8.gif

EDIT: Wonder what Used to This is on if not this?
EDIT2: These skits are AWFUL.

Nibel

This shit has fucking fake radio skits on it that aren't even separate tracks in 2017
emlycgtzio8o.png

Other than that it's very unremarkable to me on the first listen and did as much for me as Purple Reign or Evolve

Desiigner era now, king of the humble mumble jungle

Catvoca

Banned
Decided to listen to El-P's Cancer4Cure since I'd never really checked out his solo stuff before. I was digging the first track and then The Full Retard came on and I was like
y5qr45.gif

One of the nastiest beats I've heard from him.

This shit has fucking fake radio skits on it that aren't even separate tracks in 2017
emlycgtzio8o.png

Other than that it's very unremarkable to me on the first listen and did as much for me as Purple Reign or Evolve

Desiigner era now, king of the humble mumble jungle

yea the skits are pretty bad but i'm actually liking it so far, but i also like purple reign and evolve.

DeadTsar

It always takes me a while to warm up to Future projects so I'm keeping an open mind.
So far: Feds did a sweep, When I was broke, Flip, Massage in my room (fave so far), Poppin Tags & POA have made it into rotation.

Catvoca

Banned
What Ka projects are worth checking out? I really dig Honor Killed the Samurai but haven't listened to any of his other stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom