• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Lil Tracy & Lil Peep track Toku linked is the best song on this tape of theirs. Shame, because I really fuck with the vibe of that track but everything else is boring.

Also, Mask Off is the best track on that self-titled album if only for the woodwind melody.

I didn't even bother with T and Y, seems like I'm not missing anything.
Except Tetsuo and Youth was critically/fan acclaimed and is definitely my favorite Lupe album, and his mixtape he released last year was fantastic as well (and is probably my second favorite Lupe project).
Whatever this "Light" project Lupe just released is has no bearing on his recent output, I'm sure the actual Drogas will be great.
Also "Dopamine" from "Light" is great.

Tokubetsu

I was down and out and i remember this...

It gon' hurt my soul just to reminisce...

Gotta understand what I represent...

You know what I mean to the game...

FEDS DID A SWEEP

4yC1EHi.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This Drake interview with DJ Semtex is really good. Wish dude's persona was as humble as he comes off here. Mans finally responds to the Quentin Miller properly a year and a half later. Very well-put together response that would have worked then too, but now it works as a victory lap of sorts.

chance x future snippet

wasn't feeling future's part tbh, but chance is good when he comes in
These two don't belong on the same song, but I think they made it work. Chance lucky he's versatile.

MartyStu

Except Tetsuo and Youth was critically/fan acclaimed and is definitely my favorite Lupe album, and his mixtape he released last year was fantastic as well (and is probably my second favorite Lupe project).
Whatever this "Light" project Lupe just released is has no bearing on his recent output, I'm sure the actual Drogas will be great.
Also "Dopamine" from "Light" is great.

Yeah, I am being too harsh on T & Y, but F&L 1 and The Cool are just so good that I cannot accept mediocrity from Lupe. Even during this decade-long slump.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
I didn't even bother with T and Y, seems like I'm not missing anything.

Tetsuo and youth was great, at least for me

Haven't listened to Drogas Light yet, but Lupe said that it was basically Lasers Part 2, which set off alarm bells

I'm looking forward to drogas. Which is more like his usual albums

Detox

Going through early mobb deep and havoc is one of the goat producers. Prodigy would have been goat contender if he stopped rapping after the first few albums.

I wouldn't call any of Lupe's albums released within the past decade great
Trying to figure out what's not great about this:
Mural
Blur My Hands
Dots & Lines
Prisoner 1 & 2
Body of Work
Little Death
No Scratches
Chopper
Deliver
Madonna (and Other Mothers in the Hood)
Adoration of the Magi
They.Resurrect.Over.New.

HiResDes

Tetsuo & Youth has Deliver, one of my favorite songs in the last 7 years so it's straight off of that alone
Why 7 years, how did you come up with such an arbitrary number

Between this and Toku posting the most run of the mill trap excerpts followed by exclamatory anime gifs im confused, are those lyrics supposed to be deep, clever, or poetic. Sounds and looks like trap Madlibs.

Glass Rebel

T&Y was a lot of rapping without saying anything. Lupe can rap his ass off but his stuff is intentionally obfuscated to the point where it becomes almost incomprehensible. It's obnoxious as hell.

LionPride

Banned
Why 7 years, how did you come up with such an arbitrary number

Between this and Toku posting the most run of the mill trap excerpts followed by exclamatory anime gifs im confused, are those lyrics supposed to be deep, clever, or poetic. Sounds and looks like trap Madlibs.

2017-7 = 2010

Going from this decade

Detox

Listening to Biggs on combat jack and he said after Reasonable doubt his favourite Jay album is American gangster. He said RD is 1a and AG 1b.

I'm with him it's definitely in Jay's top 3.

HiResDes

Yeah somewhat, though I'd never go back and listen to that or The Cool. I know they're good albums mostly, just not for me anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom