• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it still a Nav and Metro album though? I only see Metro's credits on one track, "Up", so I'm inclined to believe it's a solo album.

Still looking forward to it, although I'm not keen on half the songs in the tracklist already being released as singles, with some dating back years.
the nav album this friday isn't the nav and metro album.

god i wish i didn't know that. nav is trash

Mask Off is top tier Future song

for sure. it's been on loop ever since the album came out.

new Starlito and Roc were off my radar too so I'm gonna listen this weekend no doubt.

the nav album this friday isn't the nav and metro album.

god i wish i didn't know that. nav is trash

he's ok on choruses, but who's got time to listen to a whole nav album. god damn. i'm glad a brown dude is making it but he's a big generic mix of travis scott, ty dolla sign, future etc. i'll skip that trash and wait for the metro project for the beats.

Cuz Nas ain't shit, ain't ever been shit, and will never be shit

I think Nasir Jones ain't shit. I think his music is trash and is propped up as good by people who don't actually listen to what is going on with those trash ass songs amd just base it off of their nostalgia. Nas isn't good. Has never been good.

Fuck Nas. That's all. Am a big Rakim fan tho

Nah, most folks I've been around saying Nas is good are old heads who think current hip-hop is terrible. Just my life experience

Your posts in that thread are thr corniest posts on this site.

thabiz

Good news everyone. If you're white, 23, love Bernie, but are afraid to admit liking Chance the Rapper then the new Oddisee is just for you.

codhand

Good news everyone. If you're white, 23, love Bernie, but are afraid to admit liking Chance the Rapper then the new Oddisee is just for you.

BernieGIF.gif

Someone asked a few days ago about which version of Kendrick's "i" is better. Well, the album version is undoubtedly a better track with more texture, but I don't think it would've had the impact it did without the soft single version being out for weeks beforehand.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
WHEN I DO DRUGS I GO TO THE MOON

giphy.gif

Celine and Supreme I'm the dab daddy
She coming home with me when she mad at ya'

giphy.gif

riotous

Banned
New Future growing on me for sure; it's lyrically popcorn but it's smooth and consistent. Good background music album; been coding to it all week.

You aint neva get yo bitch back

HiResDes

Rakim strikes me as somebody pretty humble, for the most part.
Yeah I should have phrased that even Rakim gives Nas props and acknowledges his lyrical prowess.

Unrelated, I still find myself going back to the Reese and Key! EP might still be my favorite trap album released thus far unless I count the latest Starlito, but that's a bit different.

IrishNinja

LiveLoveAsap.

oh shit

Your posts in that thread are thr corniest posts on this site.

no lies

age aside, this post is speaking to me right here

Ha ha.

Oddisee is blah as fuck.

nahhhhh

Damn, didn't even see them Nas posts, that's really disgusting...Even Rakim would have to give Nas his props.

are you sure about that? i remember dude giving nas the snub when he named his favorite MC's too

Rakim had tension with Nas for a long time. Large Professor used to sneak Nas into studio sessions when Rakim didn't show up and let him record his demo. At the time Rakim blew him off as a young broke kid, which is understandable; ironically Eric B felt the opposite and even wanted to get Nas on an album but it never happened.

Then Illmatic came out and everyone was heralding Nas as the new Rakim, right at the time when Rakim's career was slowing down. Fast forward a decade or so later when Nas did the Unauthorized Biography Of Rakim song...Rakim was very upset about Nas airing his business out, even though Nas meant it out of respect/homage.

They got together and hashed everything out though, and are cool now.

that's never a bad idea

It's definitely dated in many respects (do we really need bland instrumentals like Chinese Arithmetic and Extended Beat), but it's aged well despite that. I Ain't No Joke, My Melody, Paid In Full, and I Know You Got Soul are still fire nearly thirty years later. I do like Eric B. For President as far as instrumental goes.

HiiiLife

When's frank ocean going on tour? I didn't care for his latest output but would still wanna see him perform.

Just gimme couple nostalgia ultra tracks and the price will be worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom