• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Young Thug- Safe
giphy.gif

riotous

Banned
Fat Joe...I always forget he's one of Pun's biggest affiliates and dropped pretty good stuff back in the day.

He had a string of club hits; never really heard hip hop heads talk about him but if you went clubbing in the '02-'05 time frame you surely grinded on some ass to his songs. I'm old.

edit: Ah this is the album for that "All The Way Up" single that came out a while ago.

It's really not a bad album so far; good production at least. This "Kent Jones" dude they got on some of the tracks is pretty good too.

When's frank ocean going on tour? I didn't care for his latest output but would still wanna see him perform.

Just gimme couple nostalgia ultra tracks and the price will be worth it.
He's hitting up festivals, but I don't think there'll be a full-tour like "The Saint Pablo Tour".

Also, I finally got the new Danny Brown album. It's as wild as people make it out to be. XXX is definitely better, but that's not to take away from Atrocity Exhibition.

Vorheez

is no one fucking with super trapper or outta time, or am i outta touch with the yungins
Plenty of people are, but they're too scared to admit it because it's not cool to like Future anymore.

Album is fire, and I think it's better than Culture as a whole too. Culture had higher highs with T-Shirt, Bad & Boujee, Get Right Witcha, and Slippery, but FUTURE is better as a whole package. There are at least a dozen solid tracks on the album. Rent Money, Zoom, Draco, Super Trapper, Mask Off, High Demand, Outta Time, Scrape, I'm So Groovy, Poppin' Tags, When I Was Broke, and Feds Did a Sweep are all great tracks. Some of them being amongst Future's best ever.

xHiryu

Plenty of people are, but they're too scared to admit it because it's not cool to like Future anymore.

Album is fire, and I think it's better than Culture as a whole too. Culture had higher highs with T-Shirt, Bad & Boujee, Get Right Witcha, and Slippery, but FUTURE is better as a whole package. There are at least a dozen solid tracks on the album. Rent Money, Zoom, Draco, Super Trapper, Mask Off, High Demand, Outta Time, Scrape, I'm So Groovy, Poppin' Tags, When I Was Broke, and Feds Did a Sweep are all great tracks. Some of them being amongst Future's best ever.

while i do think its a solid project, better than EVOL at least, this album feels too samey and some of the songs just mesh together into that typical phoned-in future sound. idk why he did it with no features since half the appeal of a trap album imo is all these artists coming together with lush production and making party hits. i do think though that his cadence and the way he rides beats at times are top tier in the trap game.

culture is better imo, that album has songs that keep growing on me as the i listen more. i didnt fuck with all ass, kelly price and get right witcha at first but those are now on consistent rotation. hopefully that hendrix album has more than riri and weeknd tho

while i do think its a solid project, better than EVOL at least, this album feels too samey and some of the songs just mesh together into that typical future sound. idk why he did it with no features since half the appeal of a trap album imo is all these artists coming together with lush production and making party hits. i do think though that his cadence and the way he rides beats at times are top tier in the trap game.

culture is better imo, that album has songs that keep growing on me as the i listen more. i didnt fuck with all ass, kelly price and get right witcha at first but those are on consistent rotation. hopefully that hendrix album has more than riri and weeknd tho

The beats are fairly different compared to the other albums.

IrishNinja

future > migos

thugger too if we're comparing non-like products

that's all for now on the dusthead report, back to andrew for "what was poppin' summer of 04"

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Listened to the Future album again on repeat tonight for a couple hours, and was surprised by how much I liked it actually. I still think it's bloated but there is at least 8 solid tracks on it. Pretty hyped for tonight's release too especially since it has The Weeknd and Rihanna.

Just finished Incredible (from the Future album), I loved My Collection, that alone was better than all of Self-Titled.

(Ignoring the possessive message)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom