• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kendrick talks next album with NYT. He calls the project urgent and spiritual.
Been thinking about my little brothers. One little brother, he bigger than me, he’s 22. Another brother, he just turned 11. Family.” Lamar paused, picked it up again. “I think now, how wayward things have gone within the past few months, my focus is ultimately going back to my community and the other communities around the world where they’re doing the groundwork. ‘To Pimp a Butterfly’ was addressing the problem. I’m in a space now where I’m not addressing the problem anymore.

Consequence ft. Alex Wiley, Chance The Rapper, GLC & Chuck Inglish – Spaceship III.

Meek Mill - King. Done for some underwear company.

Raekwon ft. G-Eazy - Purple Brick Road video. Wu stans in hibernation.

Asher Roth - More or Less (Prod. by Nottz).

MURS - God Bless Kanye West video.

I wonder how much deeper he's going to go into his religiosity based on his God comment.
The opening to UU was all about his belief in the rapture/judgement day, so I wonder if he'll keep going along those lines even more blatantly.

I'm not a religious person, so I'm wondering how much the album with resonate with me since I'm not religious.

I'm not a religious person, so I'm wondering how much the album with resonate with me since I'm not religious.
I'm a staunch atheist, and no religious music has ever made me sway towards turning back to belief, but that doesn't mean it can't resonate with me emotionally.
Take ULB for example, that song came out right when I was in the midst of an existential crisis and it helped me keep composure.
Or the prayer at the end of Dying of Thirst, that's one of the most powerful moments in music history.
And his writing on the UU intro was incredible, so as long as the actual music is good his religiousness most likely won't bother me.
I enjoyed the religiousness on Stormyz's new album as well.
Unless it's like what Chance does, then I'll hate it, but it won't be.

Koozek

I find the religious/Christian stuff in Rap recently corny (Ye, Kendrick, Chance, even Stormzy etc.), but strangely it didn't bother me too much on Chance's album. But it could still be a bit less Gospel-y for my taste.

I'm a staunch atheist, and no religious music has ever made me sway towards turning back to belief, but that doesn't mean it can't resonate with me emotionally.
Take ULB for example, that song came out right when I was in the midst of an existential crisis and it helped me keep composure.
Or the prayer at the end of Dying of Thirst, that's one of the most powerful moments in music history.
And his writing on the UU intro was incredible, so as long as the actual music is good his religiousness most likely won't bother me.
I enjoyed the religiousness on Stormyz's new album as well.
Unless it's like what Chance does, then I'll hate it, but it won't be.

This is a good point.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I remember being broke and down bad
Now I pay nothing for my sneakers 'cause I'm NAV

search_results.gif

Got the money comin' in, it ain't no issues
I just fucked a rapper bitch, I should diss you

CwgstexW8AEtsLR.jpg:small

My guillotine, drank promethazine
Tec and beams, go to those extremes

tumblr_nrmt9dMnDe1tz1at0o1_500.gif

Yeah, ain't really mean to hurt you
Sorry it's gotta be this way
Ain't mean to try to desert you
Sorry, tryna be this way

tumblr_nlbnnvC4T11rr5hc3o1_500.gif

Still here tryna' find another blessing
I'm over-loyal man I'll ride for what I'm repping
Dark times niggas dying in recession
You was fighting with your girl when I was fighting my depression

They're asking if I'm real, I'm real enough ('nough)
Still got a couple killers in the cut (cut)
If he's coming nice, I big him up
Drugs kill, but my niggas make a killing off a drug

I got smoke, you can hold a bit
A coloured brother with a bone to pick
But I still get to gunning, don't be running when I bang mine
Before we said our prayers, there was gang signs

giphy.gif

I'll rep Nav because hey, shoutouts to brown folk in music, but goddamn does he make average music.

His lane is that Weeknd-Bryson Tiller-6Lack Toronto-moody R&B sound, and he's just painfully average. He doesn't have a style, at all, and he needs to find a unique voice or sound that helps him stand out from the glut of moody R&B.

Hitta93

Banned
I don't think his stuff has aged particularly well. I used to love motm in high school but I can't really listen to it anymore. I still think his mixtape is pretty great though.

Pretty much this.

On a different thought, what are y'all's thoughts on Rosebudd's Revenge? Was kind of ehh on the first listen even though there is some great tracks, Pig Knuckles being my favorite.

Having an problem where the first time I hear an artist it's at their peak and none of their stuff comes close. First it was KEY! with Crazy Brazy and now it's Da$H. Listened to some of his projects but nothing's hitting like his verse on Fetti.

HiResDes

Having an problem where the first time I hear an artist it's at their peak and none of their stuff comes close. First it was KEY! with Crazy Brazy and now it's Da$H. Listened to some of his projects but nothing's hitting like his verse on Fetti.
What have you listened to of either artist, like you just listen to the latest thing and then act like you've heard everything.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I'll get shit for this, but Future's Coming Out Strong is a better Weeknd song than most of the songs on Starboy.

I don't know how someone managed to fuck up a Travis, Quavo, and Uzi collaboration, but they did. Props.'

Also, here's the full tracklist for F8's soundtrack.

1) Young Thug, 2 Chainz, Wiz Khalifa & PnB Rock - Gang Up
2) Lil Uzi Vert, Quavo & Travis Scott - Go Off
3) G-Eazy & Kehlani - Good Life
4) PnB Rock, Kodak Black & A Boogie Wit da Hoodie - Horses
5) Migos - Seize The Block
6) YoungBoy Never Broke Again – Murder (feat. 21 Savage) [Remix]
7) Bassnectar – Speakerbox (feat. Ohana Bam & Lafa Taylor) [F8 Remix]
8) Post Malone - Candy Paint
9) Kevin Gates - 911
10) Lil Yachty – Mamacita (feat. Rico Nasty)
11) Jeremih, Ty Dolla $ign, & Sage The Gemini - Don't Get Much Better
12) Pitbull & J Balvin - Hey Ma (feat. Camila Cabello) [Spanish Version]
13) Pinto ”Wahin" & DJ Ricky Luna - La Habana (feat. El Taiger)
14) J Balvin & Pitbull - Hey Ma (feat. Camila Cabello)

Vorheez

I'll get shit for this, but Future's Coming Out Strong is a better Weeknd song than most of the songs on Starboy.
Nah, you won't get shit for stating the truth

I'm gonna work on a retort to Fantano/HNDRXX review over the next few days. Future essay V2 get ready brehs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom