• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koozek

Best Sonic soundtrack is Sonic R's. Pure 90's Eurodance bliss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxpACZf6m60

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mw8xjIz9D2k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Idcjtv08pow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8XmFgXKLlY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GWBbLLvoOc

h4qJERR.gif

Koozek

All im saying is QM floated on that track.

Drake said he has some credits on More Life Might be IYRTITL good. Hype!
Yeah, was surprised, too. Heard a few wack solo tracks from him after the whole Drake fiasco and thought he was the typical ghostwriter rapper, who doesn't sound interesting enough on his own.

I'm liking "There's A Riot Going On". I didn't know what to expect from it, but it's pretty dope. I feel like it's an album I'll really only appreciate once I run through the rest of his discography and R&B's seminal works, but on first listen, it's nice.

I'm liking "There's A Riot Going On". I didn't know what to expect from it, but it's pretty dope. I feel like it's an album I'll really only appreciate once I run through the rest of his discography and R&B's seminal works, but on first listen, it's nice.

Be sure to listen to Funkadelic's One Nation Under a Groove.

Icolin

Banned
UPDATED ICOLIN™ FUTURE RANKING

DS2>>>EVOL>>>Beast Mode>>>>>Monster>>FUTURE>>>Purple Reign>>>56 Nights>>>>>>>HNDRXX>>>Pluto>>>>>WATTBA>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Honest

Outside of maybe 4 tracks, Honest is garbage.

Vorheez

What the fuck are you doing Uzi

DS2 > HNDRXX > FUTURE > Monster > WATTBA > 56 Nights > Purple Reign > EVOL > Beast Mode

Beast Mode was terrible

Vorheez

Horrible, monster and 56 nights way too low.
Monster way too low? It's 4th dude. I can see it maybe taking FUTURE'S spot, depending on my mood, but you'd have to be crazy to put it any higher and to compare it with HNDRXX and DS2.

I put WATTBA above 56 Nights because it has absolute monstrous tracks like Digital Dash, Live From The Gutter, Diamonds Dancing, and Jumpman. Those 4 tracks alone eclipse 56 Nights.

HiResDes

56 Nights is basically perfect. HXNDRXX is better than FUTURE, but it's still fallen for me. I think I like less than half the tracks, it's just the tracks I do like I absolutely adore like My Collection, Solo, and Sorry.

Hitta93

Banned
Haven't listened to Future/HNDXXX, otherwise:

DS2>WATTBA>56 Nights>Purple Reign>Monster>EVOL>Beast Mode

Didn't like Pluto or Honest.

What are your guy's thought's on Kim by Eminem?
I'm really trying to grow some appreciation of him, and while I can barely listen to/enjoy the song and don't think his prose is much to write home about, the song is actually pretty powerful and hit's me emotionally on a level no other song on MMLP does (besides Drug Ballad which has an amazing first verse in my opinion).

It's kinda like that Xzibit outro off of the Compton album (Or more like that's like Kim).

Edit: Are songs like "Kim" common in Horrocore rap?

I'm really trying to grow some appreciation of him, and while I can barely listen to/enjoy the song and don't think his prose is much to write home about, the song is actually pretty powerful and hit's me emotionally on a level no other song on MMLP does (besides Drug Ballad which has an amazing first verse in my opinion).

It's kinda like that Xzibit outro off of the Compton album (Or more like that's like Kim).

I think Kim's brilliant. Back in the days when Eminem used to make SONGS instead of whatever multi-syllable-rhyme-nonsense he's been doing recently.

I think his prose matches perfectly to the desperation of the track IMO. Top 10 Em track

Helmholtz

At this point in time I'd probably go
DS2 > HNDRXX > 56 Nights > Purple Reign > Future > Monster > WATTBA > EVOL > Beast Mode
Hard to rank since the last two are still pretty fresh. I think I liked PR more than most, I consider Mattress/Perkys/PR to be some of his best tracks, and most of the other tracks are solid. 56 Nights is just undeniable, Never gon lose, Diamonds in africa, March fucking madness...

It's arguAbly my favorite Eminem song.

overcast

HNDRXX Top 3 Future. I don't care what any of you thinks, so don't even bother responding.
Naw.
DS2>>>EVOL>>>FUTURE>>>Purple Reign>>>HNDRXX>>>Pluto>>>>>>>>>>>>>Honest
The disrespect to 56 Nights and Monster.

Oh shit can't wait.

How would you rank the Three Six members (as rappers)?

I don't know....

Koopsta>Lord Infamous>Juicy J>Gangster Boo>DJ Paul>Crunchy Black

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Lord Infamous>Project Pat>Koopsta>Boo>The Rest Don't Matter

I had the longest time trying to tell the difference between DJ Paul and Juicy J.

I would put Gangster Boo ahead of Juicy, now that I think about it. And Project Pat was one of the best artists affiliated with Three Six, from what I can tell.

Man when are people gonna learn. If you called it an EP, nobody would bat an eyelash at 8 tracks.

Problem used to be that once you call something an EP it automatically designates a cheaper price tag. In today's music scene I don't think that's the case though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom