• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

kp5JfQJ.png

Moonkid

I gotta go with a classic, this being I Used to Love H.E.R. But honestly, TPAB is full of these moments. It's not just one moment, but tons of them.
weebay.gif. First time listening to that, really dig it and I love that I can go back and check out the references. TPAB certainly did have a few of them but none really resonated with me. Maybe I need more life experience lol.

Moonkid

Oh man, I saw clipping live yesterday night and to hear the whole place come alive when "Wriggle", "Body and Blood", and "Story 2" came on was fucking unreal.

One of my favorite concerts ever.
Fuck that sounds amazing, jealous as right now ._. I hope they come to NZ at some point, Wriggle live especially looks like a mental time.

Anybody familiar with Rap Critic? He's interesting at times to listen to, but man does he get pretentious as hell.
That's kind of his point, like I could complain about some of the stuff he says, but at the end of the day he's like a Cinema Sins for rap and that's fine.
I had to take a break from his videos for awhile though, now I just go back occasionally.

That's kind of his point, like I could complain about some of the stuff he says, but at the end of the day he's like a Cinema Sins for rap and that's fine.
I had to take a break from his videos for awhile though, now I just go back occasionally.

His taste is questionable at times. I mean he likes Hopsin, and his favorite rap album is Camp.

His taste is questionable at times. I mean he likes Hopsin, and his favorite rap album is Camp.
I kind of fell off of him after listening to his podcasts and hearing some of his comments on Jay in them, which kind of make sense that he'd have that perspective considering his general taste/opinions.
I most recently watched his video on 21 Questions, was okay.
Didn't know Camp was his favorite rap album though, that seems insane to me, liking Hopsin as well.

"Sex, murder and mayhem - romance for the street
Only wife of mines is a life of crime
And since life's a bitch in mini-skirts and big chests
How can I not flirt with death?
That's life's enigma, long as life's within us
We gonna sin a lot and pray that Christ forgive us
Fuck it!
Ice the wrists and raise the price on these niggas
Y'all can't floss on my level!
"
Amoral arrogant boss bully Jay is best Jay.
"Fuck it!"
that was funny. but I think a bigger L was when Danny Brown called Jay Rock the "ringo starr of black hippy"

it was funnier back when Ab Soul released control system though. now neither of them matter.
I still listen to 90059.

HiResDes

I hope he releases it soon.

I'm a bit scared for the quality though because of the quick turnaround between releasing Summertime, then Prisma Donna, and now this new album. But I hope Vince can drop another phenomenal album.
Let's be real he could release dogshit in a bag and you'd step on it imagining it to be fire.

You should see his music video.

I'll do it.

Rap Critic I do like but sometimes I feel he puts too much stock into lyrics over other things in rap. I'll still watch him regularly, but his Mues Podcast are....sometimes good, sometimes not.

that was funny. but I think a bigger L was when Danny Brown called Jay Rock the "ringo starr of black hippy"

it was funnier back when Ab Soul released control system though. now neither of them matter.

Ringo was great though.

Moonkid

Keen for the new Vince too. Also Im slowly getting through the NY backlog, listened to Paid in Full and The Infamous so far. Liked the latter a lot, gonna listen again tomorrow morning.

I'm surprised you don't like Ain't No.
I was deluded then, Jay destroys that track lyrically and the essence punchline/the build up to it is one of the greatest of all time.
It's as lyrically impressive, but Illmatic is simply more consistent.
Yep, I prefer RD but I have to rank Illmatic over it, nothing on Illmatic dips as low as Cashmere Thoughts (which while not being bad isn't necessary or great like the rest of the album).
Illmatic is just monster song after monster song.

I was deluded then, Jay destroys that track lyrically and the essence punchline/the build up to it is one of the greatest of all time.

Yep, I prefer RD but I have to rank Illmatic over it, nothing on Illmatic dips as low as Cashmere Thoughts (which while not being bad isn't necessary or great like the rest of the album).

Dam funny how opposite we are in this case lol.

They say sex is a weapon, so when I shoot
Meet your death in less than 8 seconds

Whew.

I'm surprised you actually like Illmatic better. Though since Nas' discography is pretty underwhelming after It Was Written (which is an 8/10 album really), it can be argued Jay-Z had the better career, I guess.

They say sex is a weapon, so when I shoot
Meet your death in less than 8 seconds

Whew.

I'm surprised you actually like Illmatic better. Though since Nas' discography is pretty underwhelming after It Was Written (which is an 8/10 album really), it can be argued Jay-Z had the better career, I guess.

How you figure? I am is great, Nastradamus is underrated(yea I said it!), Stillmatic is amazing an might be my favorite from him, God son is also great and underrated. The rest are good too even if they arent on the same level.

How you figure? I am is great, Nastradamus is underrated(yea I said it!), Stillmatic is amazing an might be my favorite from him, God son is also great and underrated. The rest are good too even if they arent on the same level.

It's gotta be the beats for one, and subject matter wise....he can't interest me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom