• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This is amazing.

Ransom 2 drip drip
I was just about to come here and post WHERE THE FUCK IS MY RANSOM HOMIE, but I'm glad I don't.

~mike will made it~

Video is sponsor-central but this song is going to be great forever. Offset's outfits are always the most ridiculous in the videos for songs where he steals the show.

WHAT THE PRIIIIIIIIICE

There's also new Y Society, Tuxedo, Daye Jack, Raekwon, and other stuff out. The new Goldlink is a return to form, might be better than God Complex! Straight up BBQ/Summertime Bliss
New Tuxedo too? Goddamn.

Also, super encouraging to hear about Goldlink, honestly wasn't really tryna hear Goldlink any more.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
BIC-MOJO-450x450.jpg

B.I.C. - Mojo (Prod. by VESA). Hip-hop lmao

thekingandi-450x446.jpg

Faith Evans remixes Ten Crack Commandments as "Ten Wife Commandments. Hip-hop lmao. To quote NR, "listen if you dare."

meryl-450x450.jpg

KAMI - Meryl Streep. Hip-hop lmao
this bangs tho

Belly ft. Young Thug & Zack - Consuela video. Belly continues to deliver with his videos, Roc Nation putting in work. Danny Trejo and Rey Mysterio cameos as well.

Reese Laflare & Key! - 1Up video. Did this Reese dude dead ass take his name from a nickname Gucci fashioned himself off of a nickname Travis Scott gave himself?

Nardwuar vs. Snoop Dogg. Their 9th interview lol

Young Thug, 2 Chainz, Wiz Khalifa, & PnB Rock - Gang Up off of the Fate of the Furious soundtrack, which as far as I can tell, is going to be fire.

The new Kendrick song....hmmm, I'm not sure if it's part of his fourth album, honestly. Seems more like a diss or response track.

But I guess we will see when he releases the album.

Oh wow, really? That makes sense.

So what does this mean for the new album? This song could have been simply a single, wonder if the rumored April drop for his new album is still happening.

the heart series has often been used before the album drops, won't actually be on the album. on the heart pt3 he mentioned the GKMC release date.

on pt 4 he says april 7th

im hype

who got kenny so mad tho?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I can't take 2 weeks of people speculating on who Kendrick is accusing of not saying his name while he goes about and doesn't use their name. People are so starved for drama, every generic "I'm the best" rap is a diss now.

Dunno how it's Sean when Sean talks about and gives props to Kendrick openly. I don't even know who even talks about Kendrick, let alone does so coyly.

Dre3001

It's Drake, that line about saying we all cool...that's some shit Drake does so damn much with people.

Its both Sean and Drake

"Hoe Jay-z is hall of fame sit your punk ass down"

Big Sean second album was called Hall of Fame

I can't take 2 weeks of people speculating on who Kendrick is accusing of not saying his name while he goes about and doesn't use their name. People are so starved for drama, every generic "I'm the best" rap is a diss now.

Dunno how it's Sean when Sean talks about and gives props to Kendrick openly. I don't even know who even talks about Kendrick, let alone does so coyly.

Big Sean has been firing several shots at Kendrick since the damn Control Verse. On Sean last album especially he is firing shots without dropping a name but is clearly "tip toeing" around saying kendrick name (Songs like Me, Myself and I and also No More Interviews). Then when Big Sean was asked in interviews if he was dissing Kendrick he starts switching sides claiming they were just general statements.

Ex: "Y'all braggin about so and so, like, 'Oh, he really it/ The new n---a in rap,' well, can he really spit?/ Or do he just hide behind his skits like half of these rappers do?/ And then y'all f--king go and praise him in this bitch like they savior of this sh-t"

"And I can't lie like I like this shit like I usually do
And I'm just not impressed by you niggas rapping fast
Who sound like one big asthma attack but trash when I'm rapping it back
Who you put in your top five and claim they the savior of rap"

Who else would Sean be talking about. Its about time Kendrick fired back.

LionPride

Banned
Its both Sean and Drake

"Hoe Jay-z is hall of fame sit your punk ass down"

Big Sean second album was called Hall of Fame

Big Sean has been firing several shots at Kendrick since the damn Control Verse. On Sean last album especially he is firing shots without dropping a name but is clearly "tip toeing" around kendrick

Ex:
C7pzfjGUwAAnmDQ.jpg
I don't think that one is about Kendrick, Kendrick ain't do skits on TPAB really and he had him on GKMC. He doesn't bring up his girl at all either

Holy shit new kendrick and it's the heart part 4?! About to check it out. Dam he is like the only guy I can actually get super hyped about. No one else I care about like that, it's all disposable and forgettable to me. psy eatin' somewhere....

Dre3001

I don't think that one is about Kendrick, Kendrick ain't do skits on TPAB really and he had him on GKMC. He doesn't bring up his girl at all either

I think the skits was more of a diss towards GKMC where as the rapping fast and claiming top 5 is more towards the Control verse.

His entire last album had a ton of subliminal lines though which may just be general disses and not at Kendrick.

FZZ

Banned
Yeah I actually feel like it's more directed towards Drake

I think this is his "Charged Up"

because he explicitly says "when I go at you" and before that he says "my fans can't wait for me to son your ass"

sounds like he's going to go at someone explicitly very soon

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It's all generic and manufactured so that you think it's everyone and Black Twitter tomorrow will look like how White Twitter did when Rap God dropped.

If you take it literally, there isn't a rapper with a prominent enough girl, let alone one that's a saviour to fit the bill.

If you don't take it literally, it's anyone, and "new" can mean anyone post-Sean's first mixtape who he can say came after him.

If anything, the "lil bitch" line before it all is probably the most direct thing towards Sean.

Also, I know GAF-Hop gon' kill me but let me finish.. Pharrell is pretty dope on YuGo.

LionPride

Banned
Yeah I actually feel like it's more directed towards Drake

I think this is his "Charged Up"

because he explicitly says "when I go at you" and before that he says "my fans can't wait for me to son your ass"

sounds like he's going to go at someone explicitly very soon
The post about the Get your shit together line on April 7 as a go at Drake made my petty nature come out

Fjordson

That Kendrick track is nice. Like the beat.

Word.

Rap beef is lame tbh. But people eat it up I guess.

Revisiting the Roots discography and I'm coming to the slow realization that they've got 2 classics (Illadelph, Things...), and the rest is a bit...middling. Like maybe you could cobble together a great album from selections of the rest but yeah...

I hope Game Theory still holds up, I remember that one fondly

Revisiting the Roots discography and I'm coming to the slow realization that they've got 2 classics (Illadelph, Things...), and the rest is a bit...middling. Like maybe you could cobble together a great album from selections of the rest but yeah...

I hope Game Theory still holds up, I remember that one fondly

Game Theory is great, but I really have that and the other two, and I have no interest in the rest. But it seems that their entire discography gets praised in general.

What do you look for in regards to hitting the marks, anyway?

Because judging from what you tend to really admire, you seem to really like Entendres for one, and Big L was never known for that. Jay-Z and Lupe Fiasco have some of rap's best.

Eh, what I generally value in a rapper has nothing to do with why I enjoy that Big L song, it hits the bare minimum of quality braggadocio and smooth (as in not choppy like I feel he was on Lifestyle) raps, and sounds like it actually came from the late 90's and not like an early 90s album released in the mid 90's years after it should have been with early 90s rapping style tracks.

I love punchlines (one of the reasons I love Jay) and general clever wordplay, but if I don't feel like you're writing quality songs from a literary standpoint (as in it shows similar prose skill to what you could see from an author) that flow well and aren't obfuscating to the point of being absurd, you aren't becoming one of my favorite rappers, and I don't believe Big L is a good songwriter, like at all.

And his skill doesn't hit me in the same way it seems to for many so I can't see what's so special about him no matter how many times I listen to Lifestyle or his freestyles which has been at least over 20 times, I put him over Tupac and Eminem in my most overrated rappers of all time list.

He's just not for me, and I shouldn't have forced myself to try and figure out what was so great about him in such an un-fun way because that's what probably ruined him for me.

Koozek

"And I can’t lie like I like this shit like I usually do
And I’m just not impressed by you niggas rapping fast
Who sound like one big asthma attack but trash when I’m rapping it back"

Who else would Sean be talking about. Its about time Kendrick fired back.
The Em feature on his last album was exactly like what he described here. Oops. I imagine him awkwardly acting impressed towards Em when he got his verse back, lol. “Damn, man. Bruh, you killing it! Whew. This is history, man.“

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom