• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.
kendrick video not even that impressive when tony jaa came through with this heat:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11GCTbmd4Fg
a8ERsFL.gif

FZZ

Banned
Damn I just went back to Culture and christ

this really is one of the best albums of the year

YOUNG RICH NIGGA MORE MONEY THAN THE OLD

riotous

Banned
Yeah listening to Kodak now; aside from it being mediocre as hell, I just read this.. probably not finishing the album.

Kodak Black was released from jail in Florida, and was then transported to Florence, South Carolina to face charges of sexual assault. According to the female victim, who reported the incident to her school nurse, she had attended a February 2016 performance by Kodak Black at "Treasure City" in Florence, after which she accompanied the singer to his hotel room where he is alleged to have told her he "couldn't help himself" as he tore off her clothes, bit her repeatedly, and raped her as she screamed for help.

riotous

Banned
Pretty sure these are all allegations and he hasn't actually been convicted, right?

Sure; he's out on $100k bond. He previously plead guilty to armed robbery. Clearly they have some evidence on him as a he-said she-said doesn't get you a high bail.

I don't usually "convict" people in my mind based on criminal charges; but definitely don't want to support someone with that kind of record while they are being looked at for a brutal rape. Also, his music aint that great lol.

HiResDes

After finding out XXXtent beat his girlfriend to near death while she was pregnant I don't really ever wanna support the guy either. And 95 percent of his music is garbage.

PBY

Banned
After finding out XXXtent beat his girlfriend to near death while she was pregnant I don't really ever wanna support the guy either. And 95 percent of his music is garbage.

X is a weird case, bc he really wasn't popular until AFTER those allegations, its fucked.

Bronx-Man

Banned
If we're being honest, I'm still not comfortable with Drake saying nigga either.

Not from a racial perspective, but it's like hearing Urkel say "What's good, nigga?"

Exodust

Banned
If we're being honest, I'm still not comfortable with Drake saying nigga either.

Not from a racial perspective, but it's like hearing Urkel say "What's good, nigga?"

Like in a you know he grew up outside of the environment and most of his use of nigga comes from listening to rap music(AKA most suburban white kids)? I guess. But he is black, so it still doesn't matter.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I imagine the first time Drake met Fewtch was like

"Why hello there, my fellow nigga! I hear you've been doing some serious 'trapping' there down in Atlanta. Well most may not tell you this but up in The 6, I'm considered quite the excellent 'trapper' myself. I love taking my homies out on the street, picking up promiscuous women, and sharing some of our Dirty Sprite with them! So how do you feel about collabing with me? Two niggas doing some real hood shit if you know what I'm saying!"

"..........."

The Drake issue reminds me of the time Donald Glover visited Drake's pad or something in LA.
Let’s be real, Donald is an easy target for most people, specifically white critics. They see him as this affluent whiny dude who never had to struggle or live the black experience, and most of his success can be attributed to his built-in audience from being on network TV for a number of years. If you didn’t read that first sentence you would’ve most likely thought I was talking about Drake, but they won’t let niggas have two successful actors-turned-rappers. It’s just too much to digest. So you attack who you think is the weaker one, the one with no co-signs or real affiliations. I remember we went to Drake’s house (fuck you Drake, if you can mention drinking tea at Erykah’s I’m gonna mention your crib) and the Weeknd came up to Donald and his brother and seemed relieved when he said, “I had to come up to you guys and see if you were actually niggas.” Imagine a world where a polite beige kid from Toronto goes up to two black kids from Atlanta and one from South Central LA, and he’s the one questioning our hood credibility. Things done changed. Let me digress…

It's an issue I can't really weigh in on considering the fact I'm not black and I was basically raised like a suburban white kid, but the politics behind it are interesting. It's weird because I was at a Vince Staples show yesterday and he played "Lift Me Up" and you could hear the crowd chanting the opening bars "I'm just a nigga until I fill my pockets and then I'm Mr. Nigga", and it seriously made me wonder what percentage of the people saying that were white kids with no sense of awareness.

riotous

Banned
LOL; try going to any rap concert in white as hell Seattle.

Vince included; he was clowning on the white crowd pretty hard.

LionPride

Banned
Any rap concerts feature a whole lotta white kids saying nigga, I remember watching a video for All Day...concert was like a damn snowstorm and it's full of folks saying nigga.

A light-skinned Ethiopian dude from Canada asking if two dudes from South Central LA and ATL were niggas is just a sign of the times I guess.

Ain't considered a nigga if ya nerdy and shit. Considerrd nu black off the jump. Considered "white".

The Drake issue reminds me of the time Donald Glover visited Drake's pad or something in LA.

It's an issue I can't really weigh in on considering the fact I'm not black and I was basically raised like a suburban white kid, but the politics behind it are interesting. It's weird because I was at a Vince Staples show yesterday and he played "Lift Me Up" and you could hear the crowd chanting the opening bars "I'm just a nigga until I fill my pockets and then I'm Mr. Nigga", and it seriously made me wonder what percentage of the people saying that were white kids with no sense of awareness.
This was the Weeknd running up on Donald Glover at a festival it even says it in there lol.

riotous

Banned
I've been designated an honorary member of the club before; but I learned quickly to use that freedom wisely, as random friends/cousins/grandmas nearby don't always appreciate the designation.

I'm not sure what terms of endearment Japanese people have reclaimed, but if there are I would never feel comfortable saying them, honestly (one side of my parents is Japanese).

Exodust

Banned
Meh, my grandma's Ethiopian and my dad has been repeatedly called "nigger" growing up but I don't really feel or see the need to use it liberally. It's very much a rap a long or joke around with black buddies secluded from other type thing.

I do imagine being a black and in the rap game multiplies how many times it's said, though.

LionPride

Banned
I've been designated an honorary member of the club before; but I learned quickly to use that freedom wisely, as random friends/cousins/grandmas nearby don't always appreciate the designation.
Had to teach people that just because you got a friend who allow you to say nigga around them, doesn't mean I will.

Beats me. Despite being Half-Japanese, I have little knowledge, and interest of Japanese. I like video games that are Japanese, but even then I'm not into Japanese gaming as much as I am into Western video games.

Sounds like a traitor to me. Shameful.

Commit sudoku to restore half of your family's honor

riotous

Banned
Had to teach people that just because you got a friend who allow you to say nigga around them, doesn't mean I will.

In all seriousness not something I'd throw around on my own in conversation; since I don't use the word at all not hard to avoid. But I did have a friend who seemed to think a good way to prove I was "down" with whatever dirt was going on was to get me to call him "my nigga" in front of other people. Didn't always go over well.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Any rap concerts feature a whole lotta white kids saying nigga, I remember watching a video for All Day...concert was like a damn snowstorm and it's full of folks saying nigga.
I was at an Awful Records gig in Hackney, and KCSB was like, "Everybody say FUCK THEM NIGGAS - no wait, nobody say that!"

It was far, far less white that the usual crowd in London too. Probably the only rap show I've been to where singing along verbatim wouldn't have been too weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom