• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LionPride

Banned
Seriously, did they pretty much invent Trap, or at least the bulk of the sound going to them? Because if so, that's pretty ridiculous in itself and a huge point in their favor.

Nah, that's between Houston and Memphis if we being real, and probably Chicago, at least to my knowledge.

While I do not like most of Triple 6's output, they had a good impact on Hip-Hop that I appreciate. Plus their song on FutureSex/LoveSound is fucking dope

Really? The only decent part of that entire track is the sister Nancy sample.
Yep, Rhianna kills it, and the first beat is like this "noise", I can't really explain it, but it and the drums work and becomes this incredibly sounding beat that Kanye coasts over, and then the transition into the sample and Swizz Beats top tier adlibs>>>>>>>>
The Nina Simone sample it ends on as well.
Song is pure vibes.
Real Friends one of the 3 good tracks off TLOP.
Real Friends is bottom four with Saint Pablo (TRASH), NMPLA, and Wolves.

Nah, that's between Houston and Memphis if we being real, and probably Chicago, at least to my knowledge.

While I do not like most of Triple 6's output, they had a good impact on Hip-Hop that I appreciate. Plus their song on FutureSex/LoveSound is fucking dope

Eh, I always thought Chicago....you know I'm not familiar with their place in modern rap unless you of course count Drill. Huh.

But no doubt you have to give Houston their place as well. UGK is insanely influential, alongside DJ Screw.

Yep, Rhianna kills it, and the first beat is like this "noise", I can't really explain it, but it and the drums work and becomes this incredibly sounding beat that Kanye coasts over, and then the transition into the sample and Swizz Beats top tier adlibs>>>>>>>>
The Nina Simone sample it ends on as well.
Song is pure vibes.
Real Friends is bottom four with Saint Pablo (TRASH), NMPLA, and Wolves.
idk, production on that track is boring. saint pablo, kanye's verse on nmpla and wolves are garbage. real friends is good.

A$AP ROCKY & FERG - WRONG

I take it back, y'all shit opinions are pissing me the fuck off

giphy.gif

The new logic song is delightfully corny. I love how it's about suicide and the name of the track is the number for a suicide hotline. He's a genius, I don't know how he comes up with this stuff.

"who can relate? WOOO!!!"

Moonkid

I legit think this album is awful, no hyperbole. Maybe it'll grow on me but I also have no desire to listen to it again. At least I got a decent Vince track off it.
That's fair I suppose, I just brought it up because these terms feel watered down given how ubiquitous they are in these type of discussions. It's interesting at least how everyone, including those who don't like it, have different songs that stand out to them on the album.

Exodust

Banned
That's fair I suppose, I just brought it up because these terms feel watered down given how ubiquitous they are in these type of discussions. It's interesting at least how everyone, including those who don't like it, have different songs that stand out to them on the album.

I honestly find terms like "incredible" to have lost meaning more so than the opposite, but that's maybe me not tucking in my cynicism.

LionPride

Banned
Because Three 6 Mafia is a great group?

I always preferred Outkast over Three 6, but seeing the bafflement at someone thinking Three 6 are better goes to show that GAF-Hop is populated by a certain type of rap nerd.

No shade, just an observation.
Two of the best rappers all time created OutKast

666 ain't got that

Better production, better discography, better everything comes from OutKast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom