• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiiiLife

Yeah. Not liking the new gorillaz. Kendrick has been the only album lately I can front to back with no skips. Damn.

Oh welll. Still hype for their show in CO.

Ross61

I really do not like "Humble". From the production to the lyrics, and pretty much everything else except for that fire ass video.

Dereck

I really do not like "Humble". From the production to the lyrics, and pretty much everything else except for that fire ass video.
AM to the PM PM to the AM funk....
Piss out your per diem, you just gotta hate 'em, funk.....
If I quit your BM, I still ride Mercedes, funk....
If I quit this season, I still be the greatest, funk....

t036xE6.gif

Moonkid

The Danny and Vince features apparently were spurred on by Damon's daughter who's a fan of them.
I honestly find terms like "incredible" to have lost meaning more me, but that's maybe me not tucking in my cynicism.
I think they're about the same for me. Incredible sits alongside AOTY, GOAT, etc in the lexicon.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Because Three 6 Mafia is a great group?

I always preferred Outkast over Three 6, but seeing the bafflement at someone thinking Three 6 are better goes to show that GAF-Hop is populated by a certain type of rap nerd.

No shade, just an observation.
i am not that confused or anything tbh. i ve just always felt outcast has had more of an impact on music in general than three 6. but not discounting three 6 by any means.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xMUtC4rCSc

because the truth hurts? modern trap would not exist without triple 6 breh get over it. Every era of Triple 6 is all over every kind of trap being made rn. From soundcloud rapper try hard shit to mainstream crossover bangers. DJ Paul and Juicy J were doing it in 1998.
sure i guess. i mean i understand why mainstream would try and appeal to the broadest possible audience, but its like why haven't i heard more people try and copy trends like solja boy, or choco rain. i dunno maybe they have and i just shut that shit out.

edit: also i understand this response is a day late, and a dollar short.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I just feel no way at all about Wale. Never really enjoyed a project of his or disliked one.
I could never bring myself to listen to a full album of his but I think he's a pretty good rapper TBH. Just.. never really does it consistently in singles, but I can never really say he was ever bad on them. Used to shit on him for being whatever a lot, but now I just don't know, just not enough to care.

My PYT is my dirty pleasure

Exodust

Banned
I think they're about the same for me. Incredible sits alongside AOTY, GOAT, etc in the lexicon.

I'm fine with AOTY since it makes sense to me to decide if an album that just came out that day, week or month might be the best of the year for you. GOAT I don't get when referenced seriously to anybody who hasn't been around 10 years or more.

If it's something like "I like this artist he GOAT" hype shit then whatever, doesn't bother me then.

HiResDes

i am not that confused or anything tbh. i ve just always felt outcast has had more of an impact on music in general than three 6. but not discounting three 6 by any means.

sure i guess. i mean i understand why mainstream would try and appeal to the broadest possible audience, but its like why haven't i heard more people try and copy trends like solja boy, or choco rain. i dunno maybe they have and i just shut that shit out.

edit: also i understand this response is a day late, and a dollar short.

Three 6 Mafia has a greater impact on the current/modern trends of hip-hop, point blank

Moonkid

I'm fine with AOTY since it makes sense to me to decide if an album that just came out that day, week or month might be the best of the year for you. GOAT I don't get when referenced seriously to anybody who hasn't been around 10 years or more.

If it's something like "I like this artist he GOAT" hype shit then whatever, doesn't bother me then.
The rest I agree with immediately but the bolded strikes me as kinda premature - this risks being pedantic though since calling something AOTY here seems to be more so acknowledging it could hold that title down the line which is obviously fine.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm on the best side, got the TEC lined
In the whip, on the left side, on a death ride
MAC-10 and the spesh flies, and the TEC slide
Nutty shit like somethin' just climbed out the X-Files

2LRsqyn.gif

I can't be mad anymore when so much of this bangs, and on the other side there's stuff like Blem, Passionfruit, and Teenage Fever which are top notch in their own rights. As far as highs go, it's up there this year TBH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom