• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icolin

Banned
Beautiful Thugger Girls is out and it's pretty good.

Not as good as Barter 6 and Jeffrey, but it's not the Rebirth-level garbage I thought it was going to be.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
First Day Out makes me want to stand in front of a lifted Caprice with some Johnny Dang grillz on and some gaudy cars from Swishahouse videos swerving behind me goddamn

Joy road bitch, but the money long as six mile
Brick mile, knock your bitch down
Pick her up, knock her back down, pull her tracks out
Yes I slap girl, yes I slap dog, yes I slap loud
Yes I'll slap a pussy n***a if he act out
Yes I caught cases on the road with them killers

My first offer was 30 years, not a day lower
I told them crackers holler at me when they sober

You hear me? Hit the Rollie store with the Rollie on
What was our getaway car? A Jag Portfolio

Free my n***a Parico, that boy be hoeing n***as
Shoot the smile off your face, I don't joke with n***as

I went to trial back to back, bitch I'm 2-0
The state of Kentucky banned me from every jewelry store

tumblr_nndtkwHwcN1qlcjs4o1_500.gif

This that Dreams & Nightmares Intro Part 2 shit, how am I so late to this

Eos

First Day Out makes me want to stand in front of a lifted Caprice with some Johnny Dang grillz on and some gaudy cars from Swishahouse videos swerving behind me goddamn

Joy road bitch, but the money long as six mile
Brick mile, knock your bitch down
Pick her up, knock her back down, pull her tracks out
Yes I slap girl, yes I slap dog, yes I slap loud
Yes I'll slap a pussy n***a if he act out
Yes I caught cases on the road with them killers

My first offer was 30 years, not a day lower
I told them crackers holler at me when they sober

You hear me? Hit the Rollie store with the Rollie on
What was our getaway car? A Jag Portfolio

Free my n***a Parico, that boy be hoeing n***as
Shoot the smile off your face, I don't joke with n***as

I went to trial back to back, bitch I'm 2-0
The state of Kentucky banned me from every jewelry store

tumblr_nndtkwHwcN1qlcjs4o1_500.gif

This that Dreams & Nightmares Intro Part 2 shit, how am I so late to this
Yup reminds me exactly of the D&N intro. Dope song.

Vorheez

Phew Kodak with another classic

If you don't fuck with First Day Out then you're not a true fan of hip hop, you're just on some fuckboy shit

Jehst – one of the UK's most influential and admired Hip Hop artists - announces new album 'Billy Green is Dead'.

Inspired by Gil Scott-Heron’s song of the same name, the ambitious 'Billy Green is Dead' album follows fictional everyman character Billy Green on his solitary journey through an uncaring, individualistic world. Lead track 44th Floor - produced by Zygote of Strange U aka The Maghreban - comes midway through the record’s narrative arc and finds protagonist Billy at breaking point; “feeling like my life’s a major fail, standing on the platform waiting for British Rail”.

'Billy Green is Dead' is Jehst’s first album of original material in 6 years, and will be released 16th June on his own label, YNR Productions. The project is co-executive produced by Beat Butcha (Rick Ross, Curren$y, Jadakiss), features production from Paul White (Danny Brown, Open Mike Eagle) and Jehst himself, plus guest vocals by Eric Biddines, Strange U, Confucius MC, mysterious RnB man Ennio Lion and more.

Flames.

So Far to Go
Kennedy
Household Name
City Streets
Set in Stone
Smoke Screen
Eulogy

Ultra flames.

OG Kush

This new Big Boi is alright. Nothing special though, few of the tracks will get replay throughout the summer but can't see it lasting long like Sir Lucious. Couple songs I feel are a miss are "All Night" and "Chocolate". What the rasclart was he thinking when he made Chocolate. I feel like Big Boi heard the criticism from his last album, but reeled it in too much, he seems kind off uninspired on this.

HiResDes

Man kinda excited for this:

Which-Way-Iz-West-1050x525.jpg

Copped the EP too breh, let me know if you release a 12" or something

Edit: Alright haven't bought anything digital off of Amazon in a while, I paid for it, but the download didn't start automatically...help

Edit: Alright haven't bought anything digital off of Amazon in a while, I paid for it, but the download didn't start automatically...help

Look for your Amazon Music Library in the account area.

Yeah, Beautiful Thugger Girls is definitely a conscious effort to make an album with a vibe. Thug's pushed the melodies to the absolute forefront backed by chill, occasionally acoustic accented production, and shaved down his more extreme vocal ticks to create this weird candle lit album. I'm sure the lack of outright bangers will be a problem for some, but I'd rather see Young Thug trying new things than resting on what he's been doing. Might be the first time since "Pacifier" 2 years ago that I feel he's actively going away from his established sound.

NandoGip

Yeah, Beautiful Thugger Girls is definitely a conscious effort to make an album with a vibe. Thug's pushed the melodies to the absolute forefront backed by chill, occasionally acoustic accented production, and shaved down his more extreme vocal ticks to create this weird candle lit album. I'm sure the lack of outright bangers will be a problem for some, but I'd rather see Young Thug trying new things than resting on what he's been doing. Might be the first time since "Pacifier" 2 years ago that I feel he's actively going away from his established sound.

Nailed it. You perfectly described it I think. Im very very very happy with this album

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom