• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

Yeah I mean lyrics don't take backseat completely cause I'm sure he's got some good bars here but I'll need to pay close attention to pick all of that up. The production is so heavy, for better or worse.

Not sure how I feel but I appreciate Vince going out and making something complicated.

That's the thing, the productions is definitely more complicated sounding, but Vince's actual rapping contribution is watered down and basic in comparison to any of the lyrical work he's done before

Nibel

Love can be
Love can be

idemBuS.gif

riotous

Banned
How come outkast stopped making projects?

Andre went a different direction creatively than Big Boi (both in sound and the content of lyrics) then seemed to lose his thirst for making music in general, particularly rapping. He's done quite a bit of acting, fashion shit and the like in the mean time.

But he's done quite a few features the last 2-3 years and they are allegedly making another rap album. It''ll be interesting to see what they do; Big boi is still on that smoke weed / pimp shit vibe he's always been on and Andre started moving away from that really after their first album.

It's kinda hard to listen to old Outkast for me; Andre's angry slut shaming on ATLiens sort of ruins the album for me.

Andre went a different direction creatively than Big Boi (both in sound and the content of lyrics) then seemed to lose his thirst for making music in general, particularly rapping. He's done quite a bit of acting, fashion shit and the like in the mean time.

But he's done quite a few features the last 2-3 years and they are allegedly making another rap album. It''ll be interesting to see what they do; Big boi is still on that smoke weed / pimp shit vibe he's always been on and Andre started moving away from that really after their first album.

It's kinda hard to listen to old Outkast for me; Andre's angry slut shaming on ATLiens sort of ruins the album for me.

ATLiens has aged the most, Aquemini and Stankonia still sound like they were released tomorrow

Bronx-Man

Banned
Big Fish Theory is probably the worst album I've heard this year. Psychological summed it up for me, it's like Vince just chose whatever random 1994 electro album he could find and said "fuck it, I guess I'll rap over this"

LionPride

Banned
Big Fish Theory is probably the worst album I've heard this year. Psychological summed it up for me, it's like Vince just chose whatever random 1994 electro album he could find and said "fuck it, I guess I'll rap over this"
If that's the worst album you heard then good for you

HiResDes

This better by a decent amount come on

Production alone carries this on some tracks

and BagBak is fucking dope

Hyped
I really don't think he does much with the production, like Carti is pretty much the worst rapper but he crafted some fire ass hooks and adlibs on each track to complement the amazing production. I can't even say the same for Vince, his verses aren't bad but they rarely complement anything.

FZZ

Banned
Metro just dropped No Complaints with Drake and Offset

I like it

I really don't think he does much with the production, like Carti is pretty much the worst rapper but he crafted some fire ass hooks and adlibs on each track to complement the amazing production. I can't even say the same for Vince, his verses aren't bad but they rarely complement anything.

Idk it still has that grainy sound Vince had on Summertime 06 and I am fan of the distortion he uses in a track like Yeah Right

it's a weird contrast though because it goes back and forth between this electro-pop type Flume shit, and then back into heavy distorted electro with a hint of YG

I think like someone pointed out earlier in a festival setting these songs probably go, and I fully agree with that

his lyrics don't complement the production at all, I agree. Only songs that sound complete are Big Fish & and BagBak. And 745 I guess

FZZ

Banned
Yo DJ Akademiks stans are fucking weirdos wtf, how did they become this way and why do they think acting like this is okay?

My friend is one

they defend him like no other

I linked the Vic Mensa video and dude went off on Vic lol

Vic is still corny tho

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
On first listen I'm really into Big Fish. Still wish there was a Clams beat on there though. Vince on Norf is still his peak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom