• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooooose

Found this album from someone called ICYTWAT. Got Lil' Kim on the album cover, one of my faves. I dig some of this shit, like half of it. It has a weird vibe to it.

tried to like this but the beats are just really poorly mixed/mastered and the rapping isn't great. it's very OF circa 2011 in the worst way

i'd love for meth to put out a good album again but these singles don't instill much faith
at least redman is still dope

tried to like this but the beats are just really poorly mixed/mastered and the rapping isn't great. it's very OF circa 2011 in the worst way

i'd love for meth to put out a good album again but these singles don't instill much faith
at least redman is still dope

whats wrong with the singles?

Vince Staples features ASAP Rocky the same way other hip-hop songs feature Playboi Carti.

This album is nice. I'm enjoying it, but I honestly Vince took it farther. It's like he wanted to create a "Yeezus", but didn't want to or had been advised against going weirder or going on more challenging beats. Songs like "Yeah Right" and "Samo" have those kind of ridiculous beats that I'd hoped would have been used, post-"Yeezus", but I honestly wish that Vince used more beats like Enough by Flume or even MSMSMSM by Sophie.

It's nice, but this could have been so much better if Vince went all-in on the crazy electronics.

thabiz

Yeah someone posted it in here earlier and it's straight garbage.

Its like the beats came out of a catalogue.

Anth0ny

is it weird that I didn't understand that whole "do i look like i'm left off bad and boujee" thing

because I actually understood what takeoff said

i listen to so much mumblerap i'm becoming fluent -_-

OG Kush

is it weird that I didn't understand that whole "do i look like i'm left off bad and boujee" thing

It was more that there was so much noise in the background and that migos were speaking so softly that Akademiks couldn't hear them. Of course as viewers we could hear them due the microphones.

LionPride

Banned

Loud in the background plus they always do that shit where they speak quietly

Plus he wasn't hard to understand to people who could watch a vid with all that background shit basically gone

Koozek

The issue was the acoustics, it was super loud in there. We obviously heard what the mics recorded directly, that's why it was easier for us to understand.

HiiiLife

Got tickets for the life is beautiful festival in Vegas. Mostly for some local island reggae artists I grew up on but seeing Vince and Chance are bonuses.

Eos

Culture 2 in stores this October
giphy.gif

Tokubetsu

hes been gone brehs i keep telling yall whenever ppl ask what happened to purp

i couple years ago he was tweeting at his white fans to call him nigger etc

hes been like this since 2013

HiiiLife

Speaking of food trucks goddamn Denver got the GOAT Mexican food trucks I swear fam. Tacos on point for those drunken nights.

Also the Cajun is underrated here. Considering it's landlocked and shit but damn.

Also side note: ice cream trucks still exist in 2017.

Speaking of food trucks goddamn Denver got the GOAT Mexican food trucks I swear fam. Tacos on point for those drunken nights.

Also the Cajun is underrated here. Considering it's landlocked and shit but damn.

Also side note: ice cream trucks still exist in 2017.

Food trucks are really cool. They're flexible, too.

I was clicking on that shit expecting a bandcamp link.

Yep, myself as well.

Tokubetsu

Drugs or mental illness? Or both?

I think it's a bit of both. He took it down but he had a long self rant up on SC about everything that kinda happened to him (A$AP fall out and all that) that seemed pretty lucid. He blamed himself, insecurity mainly. How when he was in NY he was impressed with how well together everything was, and shit with Juicy J as well that he felt he needed to come back to FL and get his shit together. That never happened and he didn't tell anyone what he was doing so thats why he was left behind. (he took it down too ofc)

Then i think he went off the deep end with drugs etc.

Remember he had that release/remaster with 4AD too. He had a lot of things lined up for him then he just disappeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom