• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

daffy

Banned
wtf? how is it a rough listen?
nah, i just mean you really gotta be going through some shit to just throw that album on on the way home

So you have to sign up for Tidal before midnight to get access to the album. After that, it's only available to Sprint subscribers and people with the internet.

https://twitter.com/ComplexMusic/status/880557423840329728
Shit is so dumb. I'm not supporting this sketchy behavior by honest means I'll tell you that. At least Bey had artistic visuals to go with the tomfoolery

edit: oh isnt this supposed to be a visual album?

riotous

Banned
Shit is so dumb. I'm not supporting this sketchy behavior by honest means I'll tell you that. At least Bey had artistic visuals to go with the tomfoolery

edit: oh isnt this supposed to be a visual album?

Complex is inferring a whole lot from a single tweet.

That tweet says "Sign up for TIDAL HiFi before midnight ET to experience @S_C_‘s ‘4:44' http://tdl.sh/pDVRMK"

Which sounds like typical marketing spin.. SIGN UP BEFORE SO YOU CAN HEAR IT AT MIDNIGHT.

Says nowhere that it won't be streamable for people who sign up after. That idea is fucking stupid; it'll be an album listed on Tidal's app. You think they'd code some garbage where if you sign up after midnight the album won't show up unless you are a Sprint customer? That's just.. weird.. and unlikely.

DDil8ReW0AQ3-43.jpg

daffy

Banned
Complex is inferring a whole lot from a single tweet.

That tweet says "Sign up for TIDAL HiFi before midnight ET to experience @S_C_‘s ‘4:44’ http://tdl.sh/pDVRMK"

Which sounds like typical marketing spin.. SIGN UP BEFORE SO YOU CAN HEAR IT AT MIDNIGHT.

Says nowhere that it won't be streamable for people who sign up after. That idea is fucking stupid; it'll be an album listed on Tidal's app. You think they'd code some garbage where if you sign up after midnight the album won't show up unless you are a Sprint customer? That's just.. weird.. and unlikely.
I mean I'm a Sprint customer and i dont even see the option to listen without eventually paying for it later.

How is the album so far?

overcast

A little off topic but 13 by Denzel Curry shows glimpses of his potential. This dude is pushing some seriously angry production and can push it further into Death Grips territory. He kinda does the same old lyrical/flow stuff for the most part but idk I think he brings so much energy that it just does exactly what it needs to.

That track with Ugly Mane is particularly great. One track is pretty bad (track 4) tbh but I'm excited to see what he has in store with Taboo.

No ID is fucking incredible

This is how I feel fam. THESE BEATS DOE.....NO ID the King of these beats mang

my impression so far is, it's a real chill album, feels like a Jay Z on some Grown man hiphop shit with this. I'm loving it after first listen.

People in Gaf are trashing the fuck out of it tho...but I can't take most of their opinions seriously....only opinions in here are respectable when it comes to hiphop imo on this forum.

This is how I feel fam. THESE BEATS DOE.....NO ID the King of these beats mang

my impression so far is, it's a real chill album, feels like a Jay Z on some Grown man hiphop shit with this. I'm loving it after first listen.

People in Gaf are trashing the fuck out of it tho...but I can't take most of their opinions seriously....only opinions in here are respectable when it comes to hiphop imo on this forum.
Black folk over the age of 28 will love this album.

Courage

I bought some artwork for 1 million
2 years later, that shit worth 2 million
Few years later, that shit worth 8 million
I can't wait to give this shit to my children

good old Jay

BlackJace

Ain't fuckin with TidaL so I'll have to find a way to listen to Hov some other time. Interesting that it hasn't unanimously been declared basura right out the gate.

Black folk over the age of 28 will love this album.
20 year old black person here.
My issue isn't subject matter, it's lyrical choices and vocal inflections and chorus decisions etc etc.
It's all of my pet peeves that usually lead to me disliking something of which topic is irrelevant towards.

20 year old black person here.
My issue isn't subject matter, it's lyrical choices and vocal inflections and chorus decisions etc etc.
It's all of my pet peeves that usually lead to me disliking something of which topic is irrelevant towards.

Just let the music ride breh. I went into this not expecting traditional song structure at all....

Cross posting my thoughts after a couple of listens:

Hov kinda snapped on "Marcy Me." Like, vintage Jay-Z.

Unfortunately I found most of this bleh. I'm not trying to hear these kinds of soul loops anymore, and Jay's flow since BP3 is so boring. It's definitely his most consistent album since American Gangster, and I like the subject matter, but I haven't been in the mood for this sound for a long long time, and don't see myself revisiting this. I much prefer No I.D.'s work with Vince Staples, Common, and Cocaine 80s in recent years.

Cross posting my thoughts after a couple of listens:

Hov kinda snapped on "Marcy Me." Like, vintage Jay-Z.

Unfortunately I found most of this bleh. I'm not trying to hear these kinds of soul loops anymore, and Jay's flow post-American Gangster is so boring. It's definitely his most consistent album since then, and I like the subject matter, but I haven't been in the zone for this sound for a long long time, and don't see myself revisiting this. I much prefer No I.D.'s work with Vince Staples, Common, and Cocaine 80s in recent years.

tumblr_lqxhiyKOYL1r0ojhto1_250.gif

I seriously thought I was the only one who listened to them. Glad to see there are others

sasliquid

Some of the songs on the PE are pretty bad and make Chuck sound really old. Complaining about millenials and some light transphobia

However some songs are pretty good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom