• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Dave East EP out today, will have to hear it this weekend.

220px-Paranoia_-_A_True_Story.png

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Jay opens up about Kanye:

It's not even about Kanye. It really isn't, it's just his name is there because it's just truthfully what happened. The whole point is you got hurt because this guy is talking about you on stage. What really hurt me is, you can't bring my kids and my wife into it. Kanye is my little brother, he's talked about me a hundred times, he made a song called ”Big Brother." We've gotten past bigger issues, but you brought my family into it, now it's a problem with me. It's a real real problem. And he knows it's a problem because me and him would have been resolved our issues, but he knows that he crossed a line... I know he knows because we've never let this much space go between one of our disagreements, and we've had many... I was getting to a point where I said, ‘You got hurt by that? That's nothing.' You can't diss somebody saying you got hurt, that's the softest diss of all time.

Not gonna listen because I can't stand Elliot WIlson but video is embedded in the link. Dunno if you need TiDaL or not.

You're late on this one fam.

I agree for the most part, but on the other hand, MMLP2 isn't that bad to me. Probably an unpopular opinion here though.

My man, MMLP2 is decent. Pink is a good idea, I actually wonder why they never collabed back in the days, it made sense. Pink is also different so I am not sure why people think it will be like love the way you lie. I am excited to hear this track and look forward to it.

Vorheez

Yeah this new Kodak is top of the line, just as expected. Kodak is the best of the new rappers. He's saying some real shit on these tracks

Reckoner

All these good albums and brehs wanna keep talking about Nav, if it's a joke it's a tired one and if it's not shame on you

Not really a joke, just got curious about the project. I'd rather take a peek at Nav with some Metro beats than some corny ass Jessie Reyez ep.

Dereck

Don't know how people can say Perfect Timing isn't good. At the very least the tape is filled with flame Metro beats.
Funny that you could replace "Perfect Timing" with "Big Fish Theory" and backspace "Metro" before beats and it would echo this thread's thoughts on when the new Vince Staples dropped.

Eos

Ferg blessed us with 13 straight bangers (still kinda ehhh on Who Dat but warmed up a bit to it). Production is great and all the features as well, except for Nav and Carti, who were straight trash. Didn't really find a bad Ferg verse, which is one of the main reasons this album is better than his last one. I should really be digging this album more but something feels off... it feels kind of soulless, I guess? Idk. I'll give it a couple more listens. Coach Cartier definitely my most played track off of it, Ferg and Dex killed it.

Koozek

Not really a joke, just got curious about the project. I'd rather take a peek at Nav with some Metro beats than some corny ass Jessie Reyez ep.
Give it a listen.
Uh I generally don't give a shit about the meme shit but this Nav spam sucks.
You know not everyone is joking, right? I legit enjoy the album. Not gonna lie, a big part of it was the Metro beats at first, but then I actually started liking Nav's robotic delivery of these hilariously arrogant lines and also he has good melodies.

Vorheez

New Ferg dropped? Wtf, well after that impression from Eos I gotta give it a listen. This new Kodak ended up being pretty depressing and it's messing with my vibe so I'm gonna switch it up with some Ferg

New Ferg dropped? Wtf, well after that impression from Eos I gotta give it a listen. This new Kodak ended up being pretty depressing and it's messing with my vibe so I'm gonna switch it up with some Ferg
The new Ferg is pretty hype, but Carti's verses are the worst on the album.
Yo, this is nice. They have an album out?
Get on it now, before they start dominating AOTY lists and get into popular culture.

Vorheez

The new Ferg is pretty hype, but Carti's verses are the worst on the album.

Get on it now, before they start dominating AOTY lists and get into popular culture.
Awe, that's disappointing to hear. With the number of features on the album, hopefully they don't detract too much from the overall quality (although it appears to be the contrary, but we'll see).

Vorheez

Wait, new Kodak?
Yeah, it's great Koozek. It's a lot more personal than his last album with fewer hard hitting tracks, but that's ok, they are well done and there is plenty of great melodies all over the album. I only disliked one or two tracks out of 19 (I think?) on my first listen. Great stuff as usual from Kodak.

Koozek

From the discussions here I thought Brockhamptons was only one dude, who's gay. Gonna check out the album later. And Kodak. And maybe Ferg, though I never really cared for him.

Yeah, it's great Koozek. It's a lot more personal than his last album with fewer hard hitting tracks, but that's ok, they are well done and there is plenty of great melodies all over the album. I only disliked one or two tracks out of 19 (I think?) on my first listen. Great stuff as usual from Kodak.
Sounds good!

FZZ

Banned
Working full time in 2 days brehs

Started browsing GAF when I was fucking 15 now I'm making a salary more than both my parents

What a time to be alive

Working full time in 2 days brehs

Started browsing GAF when I was fucking 15 now I'm making a salary more than both my parents

What a time to be alive
Want to help me achieve my life-long dream of being the second brown boy to get it popping?

Congrats though.

"Another fun fact is I don't recall Eminem wearing shitty hiphop jewelry like a lot of rappers at the time, in his last few tours he wears a sobriety necklace so good on him"

overcast

You know not everyone is joking, right? I legit enjoy the album. Not gonna lie, a big part of it was the Metro beats at first, but then I actually started liking Nav's robotic delivery of these hilariously arrogant lines and also he has good melodies.
There are no issues with you enjoying it. Now my personal opinion of the album isn't really the point. The constant gif span is tiring and unfunny. It's tough to take Nav seriously as is, but the discussion about him is not exactly doing.. anything.

Dereck

We can play a game and someone can set a timer to see how long we can last without posting a Nav gif.

My prediction is 4 hours and 11 minutes after this post is posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom