• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.
somewhere enzo is studying some doctor papers with a half chub rising

you have summoned them

7smo6jX.jpg

You'd think U.G.K. making a song called "Pregnant Pussy" would automatically make it the worst song on any project it's on.

But, no, that title goes to .38's "I Wanna Fuck" and Point Blank's "Bitch Said I Raped Her."

All on the same project, too.

Fevaweva

Yeah. I believe Kevin still posts on there occasionally.
That is crazy. I've been a member for agess and never knew that (although I kind of stepped away from the site in recent years).

Good to know that KTT has actually produced something of worth other than great emoticons of Kanye West.

OG Kush

As long as his 3rd eye isn't damaged he should be good.

8tzuM27.png

LOL. This got a chuckle from me.

Also, to all the london donnies about... Whos excited about Notting Hill Carnival?! I come alive at carnival - the whines will be secured. Likkle trailer for people who aren't familiar with sound system culture:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-9AXP9lBYE
Can't for all the dancehall, reggae, garage, jungle and general UK Bass music. I just received 200 nos canisters in the post today...may be a bit overboard but faaak it this weekend is a bender (SW4 festival on Saturday too for my electronic/dance music heads)

Koozek

Okay, yeah, Swamp is nice. These dudes are blowing up, it seems? Never heard of them before some of you suddenly started talking about them daily for the last two weeks or so, lol.

For sure man. Definitely digging that beat and Jay is doing his thing there. I'd rather have him rap and sound like this than that weird ass voice he put on during Easy Bake and The Ways.
I actually liked how he played with his voice more.

Cheddahz

Banned
wiki - mayor

"no mountains in manhattan" (wiki's debut album) dropping tomorrow at midnight (according to his twitter, supposed to feature production from earl sweatshirt, sporting life, kaytranada, and others)

HiiiLife

Idk if they'll ever have an artist as big Tyler or Frank. Or even earl for that matter.

But as a collective I've enjoyed their songs more than OF based off this year alone.

Koozek

This the new Odd Future
Lol, was my first thought too. And that one cat at least is unapologetically gay instead of trolling or chickening out or whatever Tyler's been doing; a few days ago he said he had a boyfriend when he was 15 and then later claimed he was just using a "figure of speech".

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This the new Odd Future
Damn, I was trying to put into words why I didn't like them.. but this is it.

There's not as much obnoxiousness and teen angst, though, so they're not that bad, just kind of okay with nothing really exceptional or something that grabs me.

Made me remember when GAF-Hop had it's brief stint (or select members anyways) with Doomtree.

Courage

There's not as much obnoxiousness and teen angst, though, so they're not that bad, just kind of okay with nothing really exceptional or something that grabs me.

Made me remember when GAF-Hop had it's brief stint (or select members anyways) with Doomtree.

Their 'bangers' are almost as bad as Odd Future's.

Catvoca

Banned
Idk if they'll ever have an artist as big Tyler or Frank. Or even earl for that matter.

But as a collective I've enjoyed their songs more than OF based off this year alone.

I'm not sure I'm interested in solo projects from any of them. Their verses mostly work because each brings something sonically different to a track, on their own they're lyrically pretty meh. It's the combination of great beats, Kevin's hooks and then a bunch of different styles of rap verses that makes them good.

HiiiLife

I just don't wanna see people shitting on Big Fish Theory if people give this exact same reason.

The opposite. I've never thought Vince was a slouch in lyric department. That production is what I didn't like on BFT.

And hooks.

Which BH have.

As samey and auto tuney it's starting to seem.

riotous

Banned
Okay, yeah, Swamp is nice. These dudes are blowing up, it seems? Never heard of them before some of you suddenly started talking about them daily for the last two weeks or so, lol.

These guys are blowing up, but Young Thug is just a guy popular on the internet.

/GAF

overcast

Pretty good. Kinda same old from Action Bronson. Liked the first two singles quite a bit. Should be a solid project. Happy this is getting released.
Cozy Tapes 2 tracklist:

HOLY SHIT, ROCKY x Q x TYLER IS GOING TO BE SO FUCKING HYPE
Some nice features there. Including a Key one for Des.
what is Brockhampton, why is everybody suddenly talking about it when I haven't seen a peep in this thread before
I mean they just got hype and blew up. Happens.
The....the uh...the XXX album cover...

I'm not posting it b
💀 Worst
New King krule tho
Dopee. Can't wait.
Eh. At least he's jus rapping here.
wiki - mayor

"no mountains in manhattan" (wiki's debut album) dropping tomorrow at midnight (according to his twitter, supposed to feature production from earl sweatshirt, sporting life, kaytranada, and others)
Let's go
This the new Odd Future
In a few ways for sure. They work much better as a collective imo and have more fun/catchy tracks + better production.

overcast

I don't know if it's just the Perfect Timing beats or how Nav attacks them, but he's not always that monotonous. Granted, he doesn't have the greatest range, but there's plenty of songs where he shows some emotion on:

The Man

Ttd

On My Own

Myself

Nav

That's basically a list of all his good songs. People like Up too but it's kind of annoying to me now.

Feel like, just like Travi$ Scott did, he's hitting the mainstream and feeling the pressure to acquiesce. Might take him a while to find himself. If he even has that in him.
🤔🤔

🤔🤔

codhand

Pretty good. Kinda same old from Action Bronson. Liked the first two singles quite a bit. Should be a solid project. Happy this is getting released.

Some nice features there. Including a Key one for Des.

I mean they just got hype and blew up. Happens.

💀 Worst

Dopee. Can't wait.

Eh. At least he's jus rapping here.

Let's go

In a few ways for sure. They work much better as a collective imo and have more fun/catchy tracks + better production.

Irish alt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom