• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordson

Just as a final tally, tonight will feature the releases of:
- Brockhampton: Saturation II
- Lil Uzi Vert: Luv Is Rage 2
- The War on Drugs: A Deeper Understanding
- A$AP Mob: Cozy Tapes Vol. 2
- Queens of the Stone Age: Villains
- New PARTYNEXTDOOR single
- New Miguel single with Travis Scott
- XXXTENTACION: 17
- Daniel Caesar: Freedia
- Action Bronson: Blue Chips 7000
- New Kitty Pryde album
- New Kodie Shane EP.
High hopes for the Kitty record.

Courage

- New Kitty Pryde album
- New Kodie Shane EP.

keep Uzi, fuck everything else.

Dereck

I'll add two more releases that people might be interested in.

Apollo Brown & Planet Asia - Anchovies
Madeintyo - True's World

Cozy Tapes 2 confirmed tracklist

Skool Bus (Skit)
Perry Aye (Feat. A$AP Rocky, A$AP Nast, Playboi Carti & Jaden Smith)
Please Shut Up (Feat. A$AP Rocky, Key! & Gucci Mane)
Blowin' Minds (Skateboard) (Feat. A$AP Rocky, A$AP Nast, A$AP Ant, Chief Keef & Playboi Carti)
Black Card (Feat. A$AP Rocky & Smooky MarGielaa)
Walk On Water (Feat. A$AP Twelvyy, A$AP Ant, A$AP Nast, A$AP Ferg & Playboi Carti)
BYF (Feat. A$AP Rocky, A$AP Ant & Smooky MarGielaa)
Get The Bag (Feat. A$AP Rocky, A$AP Ferg, A$AP Ant, A$AP Nast, A$AP TyY, Playboi Carti & Smooky MarGielaa)
Bahamas (Feat. A$AP Rocky, A$AP Ferg, A$AP Twelvyy, Lil Yachty, Key!, ScHoolboy Q & Smooky MarGielaa)
Principal Daryl Choad (Skit)
Frat Rules (Feat. A$AP Rocky, Playboi Carti & Big Sean)
FYBR (First Year Being Rich) (Feat. A$AP Twelvyy, A$AP Rocky, A$AP Ant, A$AP Ferg, Key! & Playboi Carti)
Feels So Good (Feat. A$AP Rocky, A$AP Ferg, A$AP Nast, A$AP Twelvyy & A$AP Ant)
Coziest (Feat. A$AP Twelvyy & Zack)
What Happens (Feat. Joey Bada$$, Kirk Knight, Nyck Caution, Meechy Darko & Zombie Juice)
RAF (Feat. A$AP Rocky, Playboi Carti, Quavo, Lil Uzi Vert & Frank Ocean)
Last Day Of Skool (Skit)

HiiiLife

Listening to this new Action Bronson made me realize that I don't really listen to Action Bronson.

Blue Chips and Dr Lecter are really the only projects I've genuinely liked from him.

But I guess I like his presence in everything else enough it makes me wanna continue checking out his music for the couple songs I know I'll keep.

HiiiLife

- New Kitty Pryde album
- New Kodie Shane EP.

In for Bronson, Daniel Caesar, Miguel and brockhampton.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
- New Kitty Pryde album
- New Kodie Shane EP.

- Will listen to Uzi
- Dunno what it will take for me to listen to a non-Rocky A$AP Project in 2017, but Cozy Tapes gotta have universally positive reception to do get me to listen
- Miguel ft. Travi$ Scott will be a courtesy listen. La Flame's only good R&B feature is on Vulnerable.
- fuck XXXtentacion
- Action if I have time (likewise for Project Baby 2), but his projects never stand the test of time

redhood56

Banned
My friends shit on Brockhampton and say that NAV has album of the year. smh
giphy.gif

fake edit: before you fucks add a NAV dancing gif I'll just put one here so you don't have to
KenTd8V1Qipby.gif

IrishNinja

Apparently he has a Jay-Z and Rakim feature.

That has to be a joke.

what the

what project is this off? this is that shit i needed the last 2 albums

I have no idea man. I'm hoping it's from the upcoming album. A while ago I read that RZA had given Ghostface the go ahead on choosing which beats would end up on the new CD. So I'm definitely curious how that will end up. But yeah this is the kinda shit we needed on A better Tomorrow.

That album was way too tame, with the exception of Ruckus in B Minor and maybe one or two other tracks.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
XXX love feels so forced
Underrated post.
Gospel still goes hard af tho

knew it was a harry fraud track before clicking

shouts to enzo still denying alc's greatness on rare chandeliers
im here 4 u bb

Lmao

Song is good, beat checks out as I expected it would.

noflag-450x450.jpg

Low key I've enjoyed the last few features Nicki has done, don't hurt me GAF-Hop. At least both on Grateful were pretty good TBH. Her I Can't Even Lie verse got quotables.

HiiiLife

Spotify always a couple hrs later than Apple. Don't know exactly when. Sorry breh.

It's good tho. As much I prefer rapping BH to r&b BH, it's good.

My main issue with sat1 was I wasn't too big on the r&b vibey tracks. Well some of em at least. But I'm on Tokyo and so far I like it more.

I would've been skipped 2pac by now.

yea i wasnt feelin the R&B tracks at first on sat1 but they grew on me. im on tokyo rn too and its def better on first listen.

Imma try to listen to uzi after this

HiiiLife

The bass drop on Chick at the end PFFFFFFTTTTTTT to that transition to Junky????

Lawwwwd.

On fight and can confidently say I'll keep more tracks off this than sat1.

More of a vibe that I prefer from these dudes. The slow songs (while sure they can sing ESPECIALLY JOBA AND BEARFACE) is far and few between

See something like Gumba I'll prolly rarely ever play along with 2pac, Swim and Milk.

But then again I like Face and Waste.

You know what fuck it.

Sat2 > Sat1.

Solely because it has less songs I'll skip (Gumba, Sweet).

Icolin

Banned
- Will listen to Uzi
- Dunno what it will take for me to listen to a non-Rocky A$AP Project in 2017, but Cozy Tapes gotta have universally positive reception to do get me to listen
- Miguel ft. Travi$ Scott will be a courtesy listen. La Flame's only good R&B feature is on Vulnerable.
- fuck XXXtentacion
- Action if I have time (likewise for Project Baby 2), but his projects never stand the test of time

Miguel and Travis Scott's last collab, the remix for "waves", was pretty good, so it's not a courtesy listen for me.

Sat 2 isn't out for me yet :((

Also, one of my favourite albums this year is The Boy Who Spoke To The Wind by Lando Chill. Really liked his debut album that came out last year and this album is just an improvement in all ways possible. Prob my favourite rap album 2017 so far.

faves: Black Boy Run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcJV5Junia4
People are Evil: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAj8OK-qhsc
The King of Salem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJm91F52i3U
Break them Shackles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6iraWv_JBs
O Sicario E O Padre: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGc8ZycZeSA

Haven't really seen anyone talk about this anywhere which sucks, dude is awesome imo.

Edit: Oh yeah, here's the album on spotify https://open.spotify.com/album/1c4ABtr2bO4vWgZzCcUGa4

HiiiLife

I've came to the conclusion that while Sat2 delivers on a more consistent level, it doesn't reach the high peak that Sat1 would have in Fake, Boys or Bump. Starts strong on Gummy, arguably a better intro than Heat, but it def doesn't maintain the quality of how ridiculous that particular track was throughout the rest of the album, and yet it has less songs I'd skip compared to its predecessor. With that being said, I def see myself playing more songs off Sat2...with those few tracks I absolutely LOVE off Sat1 mixed in. Really can't wait to get a solid 20 track playlist when Sat3 comes. Would probably publish it for my buddies on Apple Music who haven't heard of Brockhampton yet.

This Uzi been playing in the background. Nothing clicked till Xo Tour Life. GG Uzi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom