• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokubetsu

Come Over When You're Sober, Part 1 is so good. Fuck.

OFZZ8C7.gif

burn me down until im nothing but memories~

7o1c0XU.gif

Vorheez

Well to nobody's surprise I'm reeeaally fuckin with the vibes on 17 so far. Speaking to my soul type shit and I know you guys don't want me goin on one of those stream of consciousness posts again

Vorheez

Man no wonder Kenny listened to this 5 times it's fuckin 1/5 an album breh, what the hell is 20 mins in 2017 when guys are dropping hour long albums every 2 weeks

Koozek

Man no wonder Kenny listened to this 5 times it's fuckin 1/5 an album breh, what the hell is 20 mins in 2017 when guys are dropping hour long albums every 2 weeks
This is almost refreshing though, lol. Many of my favorite albums are ~40 min or so and always make me feel like wanting more, which is better than the opposite, no?

Vorheez

This is almost refreshing though, lol. Many of my favorite albums are ~40 min or so and always make me feel like wanting more, which is better than the opposite, no?
Yeah, Des also mentioned the short length in his review and I think you're both right about it being a welcome change. I do wish a few tracks were a little longer, but I'm mostly just bitching

redhood56

Banned
Big Body Bes verse on tank is the best thing ever
Oooh, I'm up at bat!
Albanian baseball, I'm swingin' a hammer!
Fuck that!
We've been in the game our whole fuckin' lives!
Only God can bench us!
You was in the dayroom doin' splits!
I told you stop blockin' the TV!
I'm tryna watch Maury!
And hang your fuckin' phone up!
We've been ballin' our whole fuckin' lives!
You talkin' to the P-A-L champion!
I does this! Uh!
Fuck her 'til she hates me!
You gotta stab me if you love me
I'm down to die
You're scared to live
giphy.gif

Dereck

Kendrick performs DNA and HUMBLE at the 2017 MTV VMAs.

It's okay, maybe a louder mic on the recording would've made this hype af. I dig the Kung-Fu stage stuff and close ups of white celebrities' faces.
I feel like for non-Hip-Hop listening audiences, it's a shame for Kendrick Lamar's performances. Especially for performing a song like DNA live, where the lyricism is so key to the song being great. Half the time I'm thinking, if I didn't already know the lyrics to DNA, I would barely be able to understand what Kendrick is saying. It just sucks for Kendrick that his lyricism isn't always completely digested because of mic volume, live instruments and breath control.

Maybe I'm wrong though.

I feel like for non-Hip-Hop listening audiences, it's a shame for Kendrick Lamar's performances. Especially for performing a song like DNA live, where the lyricism is so key to the song being great. Half the time I'm thinking, if I didn't already know the lyrics to DNA, I would barely be able to understand what Kendrick is saying. It just sucks for Kendrick that his lyricism isn't always completely digested because of mic volume, live instruments and breath control.

Maybe I'm wrong though.

I think about this all the time. If you've ever been around a hip-hop novice or older folks who aren't fans of the genre watching this stuff, they have no idea wtf is happening during hip-hop performances.

Numb

Hating on mumble rap ain't new but how are you gonna let what other people don't like decide your enjoyment

full
fuck your opinion i'll enjoy these ya yas and skrrts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom