• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF let's talk Sandwiches!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreshke

Neo Member
If any of you are in the bay area looking for a place to eat, come to my work (The Greedy Ant)! Probably the best sandwiches, but maybe I'm slightly biased. :p

This is the Naughty Italian.

Porchetta
Salami
Fresh Mozzerella
Olive/Pepper Spread
Garlic/Paprika Mayo
Tomatoes
Greens

O66dV3Q.jpg

Now I might have to make this when I go in soon.

Although this is our signature sandwich, I much prefer the Ham I Am. TRUFFLE HAM IS AMAZING!! I will never not love the smell when we first open up a new one.

I have been to the greedy ant and the Naughty Italian is amazing! :)

Arulan

Catalan is the best sandwich:

Jamón serrano, olive oil, rubbed tomato:

NH1MlaI.jpg

Could eat it everyday.

Jamón ibérico to make it even better. I lived in Spain for five years and I miss jamón so bad. It's extremely hard to find in the US, and expensive as well.

VariantX

How was this not the first post?

Because people showed some restraint and actually wanted to talk about sandwiches? That euro sandwich pic is fast becoming the new $30 italian meal

As for sandwiches, definately the philly cheesesteak with a side of fries. Glad it was already posted.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
New York pastrami is delicious. So so good...but the GOAT is Montreal smoked meat. Accept no substitutes.

shwartzs-montreal-smod5sv7.jpg

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
When I was living in Ballard, I liked going to Bongos a lot. It's been a few months since I went.

Paseo is down the street from where I work and I haven't been there since it re-opened. Can you tell if there is a difference between the old Paseo Caribbean roast sandwich and new?

Same staff ingredients and recipes.

Came here for this.

OT: I have 2 favorites. One is a BLT from my favorite bagel joint, which has about a solid inch of stacked bacon, on a garlic bagel. The other is a Which Wich Buffalo Chicken sandwich. Skinnied, Bleu Cheese, Pepperjack, Spinach, Tomato, Crispy Onions. Bacon optional. Omnomnomnomnomnom.

Edit: also have a weird soft spot for Subway breakfast sandwiches. Flatbread, yellow egg, double bacon, Pepperjack, tomato, onion, Sriracha if the have it; Buffalo if they don't.

Metaroo

The single best sandwich I've ever had was in the old market of Jerusalem. Some hole in the wall place with no name. Chicken Shawarma.

Sometimes I dream about it. Fresh pita from the bakery down the road. Beautifully roasted chicken. Fresh hummus, olive oil, veggies. I have no picture, but here's a close google pic...

It was open face, not the rolled kind. I could probably eat three right now.

D-Pad

The best Publix sub I've ever had was the Atlanta Falcons one. And I only got to get it once, like all of the things I love :C

It was (copy pasted from an ajc article cause I'm on mobile and lazy):

"Hot maple-flavored chicken tenders and Boar’s Head bacon huddle on a white sub roll, with the special condiment team of Publix mango peach preserves and Sriracha mayonnaise..."
http://www.myajc.com/news/entertain...petite-rise-up-for-atlanta-falcons-sub/nnyf5/

The maple flavor was just like a maple sugar sprinkled on some diced tenders but it tasted sooooooo good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom